DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

Ill be staying at SSR. Realize I wont be in the middle of the action, but its my favorite! Only thing I need to figure out is transportation back after the party. Anyone else staying at SSR looking to carpool? I apologize if this has already been addressed, I didnt read all 58 pages of postings :)

Ill be staying at SSR. Realize I wont be in the middle of the action, but its my favorite! Only thing I need to figure out is transportation back after the party. Anyone else staying at SSR looking to carpool? I apologize if this has already been addressed, I didnt read all 58 pages of postings :)

From what I hear there is plenty of action at SSR with Disney Springs -and ...you'll be perfectly positioned for the Disney Springs drinking tour that some of us are hoping for.

Will we be able to enter the party using the international gateway? I'm just planning what I'm going to do for an hour while epcot is technically closed.

Will we be able to enter the party using the international gateway? I'm just planning what I'm going to do for an hour while epcot is technically closed.

I don't believe so -pretty sure the plan is that you have to leave through the main entrance and meet there to check in and get what you need to be allowed back in for the event.

I don't believe so -pretty sure the plan is that you have to leave through the main entrance and meet there to check in and get what you need to be allowed back in for the event.

Yes, I believe John said you will have to check-in at the front of the park (main entrance)

Though, you figured Illuminations is at 9 - so will be 9:20 or so by the time you would be out of the park and you can check-in to the party at 9:30, so really not a lot of time

Though, you figured Illuminations is at 9 - so will be 9:20 or so by the time you would be out of the park and you can check-in to the party at 9:30, so really not a lot of time
Our "plan" for the evening is to get to Epcot about 8 pm (going to catch a nap that afternoon) and wander a bit then catch the regular Illuminations. From there we will (slowly) exit the park at the front and wait at the group entrance for the party.

From what I hear there is plenty of action at SSR with Disney Springs -and ...you'll be perfectly positioned for the Disney Springs drinking tour that some of us are hoping for.
I'm definitely game for a drinking tour around the springs! When is this happening?

It's like you guys looked at our schedule for the week. We were already planning on seeing PotC on the 30th.

So now I guess I'll be tracking the sign up for that!

Thanks to the DIS crew! 10$ for a bus trip back to the hotel is an awesome deal thanks. I was thinking that the walk back to Pop would be a long one. And with me never being at WDW, I would get lost and have to be added as one of "kids" on Small World. I think this is good, as I am a very lousy singer unless it's a pirate song or King Crimson.

I'm definitely game for a drinking tour around the springs! When is this happening?

Nothing planned at this point -most of us are waiting for the final meet-up events to be announced. Sounds like Craig and Ryno "may" host one at City Walk ...I would probably do tht if offered. I would still be up for an "Evening Around the Spring" -as long as my liver is still holding up!

Last edited:
If we are arriving for the party by car, will be have to pay the EPCOT parking fee?

From my experience, they stop manning the booths where you stop to pay the parking fee at a certain time before closing of the park. The exact timing cannot be assured, though, but I would think at least an hour before closing. In this case, if you enter the parking lot at 9:00 p.m. you would not [or at least should not] have to pay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter