DIS 10th Anniversary ... tracking attendance *new events added 7/9*

I'll be at OKW from July 21 to 29. For sure will attend the podcast! Other stuff up in the air...

@msteddom and I will be in attendance for the 10th Anniversary. Going to the podcast on the 25th as well.

We'll be in from 7/19 - 7/27.

I'm hoping to organize a group to volunteer for GKTW during that time! I'm thinking I'll set up a thread for that in a couple of weeks.

Also, I think the NE Dis peeps are sponsoring a monorail crawl during that time as well?

@msteddom and I will be in attendance for the 10th Anniversary. Going to the podcast on the 25th as well.

We'll be in from 7/19 - 7/27.

I'm hoping to organize a group to volunteer for GKTW during that time! I'm thinking I'll set up a thread for that in a couple of weeks.

Also, I think the NE Dis peeps are sponsoring a monorail crawl during that time as well?

DH and I filled out our clearance info for GKTW just incase there would be an event there.

DH and I filled out our clearance info for GKTW just incase there would be an event there.

Count us in. We've worked there a couple of times and try to work it into every visit now. We didn't get there in January but were there in November.

Glad to hear people are interested in volunteering! I volunteered there once before the first Harry Potter Disapalooza. It was quite honestly one of the most uplifting things I've participated in. And it just felt downright great to do good for other people

I'll probably reach out to GKTW in the next couple of days to see what they have available during those weeks.

Glad to hear people are interested in volunteering! I volunteered there once before the first Harry Potter Disapalooza. It was quite honestly one of the most uplifting things I've participated in. And it just felt downright great to do good for other people

I'll probably reach out to GKTW in the next couple of days to see what they have available during those weeks.
I recently ordered a t-shirt from GKTW to help "support the cause" yet another way,. and ended up having delightful and long conversations with 2 people who work there due to some issues regarding my order. We talked all about how I found out about them at all (and started supporting them through Amazon Smile) because of the podcasts, and all the posters here talking about them, the meets, how well run they are, etc. We all agreed they, and the DIS's support and making more people aware of them (as I am also now constantly doing), are a magical and wonderful thing. I also contacted Pete on FB to let him know how much it's all appreciated. :)

Thanks @ninecrayons - I've added a GKTW volunteering event as well as the NE sponsored scavenger hunt to the first page

You're very welcome! Thank you for setting up this thread, since it gave me a great picture of who will be there when.

I reached out to GKTW this morning and we'll see how much availability they have during the time most people will be there.

Random question.....I'm familiar with GKTW and their awesome work, but what type of volunteer opportunities are you all talking about with them?

Random question.....I'm familiar with GKTW and their awesome work, but what type of volunteer opportunities are you all talking about with them?

At the moment I'm trying to get GKTW to tell me what they have available during our time there. They have a variety of things you can do as a volunteer - generally things that make the resort run, make things a little easier for guests, etc. You can view an exact list of the opportunities that are available here: https://www.gktw.org/pdf/volunteer/opportunities.pdf

When I volunteered a few years back, I did a morning at Clayton's Cafe. We carried trays, helped seat guests, bussed tables, etc. I believe some people also manned the top your own waffle bar?

@disneysteve can you shed some light on other volunteer work you have done at GKTW?

@disneysteve can you shed some light on other volunteer work you have done at GKTW?
The first time, I drove the tram that travels back and forth around the village, taking people to and from their villa to the dining room, pool, playground, etc. DW ran the carousel. DD was the photography assistant. Her job was to keep track of who was in each picture as at the end of their stay, each family gets a disc with all of the pictures that were taken of them during the week. The last time we were there, DW and I worked together doing the deliveries for Clayton's Cafe. That's basically their "room service" system. Families would call in, we would take their order and enter it in the computer system. Then when the order was ready, we'd use the golf cart to deliver it to their villa.

Myself and my friend Jenn will be at AKV Jambo from 7/21 - 7/27.

Like g said, we'll be at AKV from 7/21 - 7/27.

I'm also planning on attending the Friday meet up and the main event at Hershey.
Still on the fence about Saturday evening, since Sunday is Father's Day, and I have to do something with my dad. =)

Suppose I should add that I will be at Monday's live show and as many of the informal podcast team meets as I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter