Dis 10th Anniversary mention - July 2016

I'm bored, cold, and have time on my hands, so rereading threads. Here's a classic:
http://www.disboards.com/threads/disapalooza-2015-official-information-thread.3400237/
Why does this deserve mentioning? I April we received info about the December Disapalooza. It was updated and edited, but gave us all a taste. I want a taste of July. To date all I know is to keep the 25th open, and that Craig will be drinking somewhere. Please throw this old dog a bone.

John and Pete would not keep things quiet if there wasn't a reason. We know from past DAP events that working with Disney's events team has its challenges. When things are finalized, information will be given. Rest easy!

I am arriving on the 24th, and like you I am nervous about going to an event where I don't know anybody.
@BRC6C

I understand how you guys, and the rest of the people who may not be super active on the boards, or who haven't been to a DIS event feel. I officially booked The Polynesian from the 21st-28th with my mom. We'll be there. We've never been to a DIS event either, but were at this past D23. It was awesome. Got to meet Ryno, John, Will and exchanged "hello's" with Michael Bowling in passing. Yes, my mom and I will have each other, but on top of that, we're very excited to meet some other DISers. I guess personalities do come into play. We, especially me, aren't shy people. I can go up to anyone and start a conversation. Think of it as going to meet people you already know you have a friendly connection with. Nothing to be scared of. And even if I were coming alone, I'd still feel the same way. It's going to a blast, and it'd be a shame for anyone to miss out on it, out of fear of some sort of rejection. I just know that won't happen. There will be so many people, and we all already have this HUGE thing in common. How much we all absolutely love and adore Disney. Everyone will find SOMEONE to hang with. That's what I think anyways. Remember, a lot of us are "Disney Veterans" whether we have thousands of posts on the boards or not. I'm 30 years old, and have been coming to WDW for almost 30 years. It's Disney. The place most of us probably feel the most comfortable in the world. Don't be scared. You'll be home :). At least that's how I see it!

@pjweaver can you please confirm whether there will be an ADR open up for the Voodoo Sticky Pig Wing restaurant at Pete's place.
Also, what is the dress code?

@pjweaver can you please confirm whether there will be an ADR open up for the Voodoo Sticky Pig Wing restaurant at Pete's place.
Also, what is the dress code?
I'm glad you brought this up Jes, because Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings will be added to Pete's back yard BBQ, but there will not be any ADRs. The current wait time is 180 minutes. Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings are being prepared by Corey while Kevin is out sick, but @DisneyKevin is expected to return shortly to take over as the pitmaster.

For those who don't know, these delights are harvested twice a year from the wild Flightless Boars at Animal Kingdom. While high demand and low supply usually would make them hard to get, Disney's monopoly on the market ensures that you will get your fill. The small wings are carefully removed, marinated for 24 hours in lager, battered in ground Kona coffee and corn flakes, pressed out on the legs of a 17 year old Cuban virgin, then deep fried until Kevin wakes up from his nap and says they are ready. They are then tossed in 'Pete's secret sauce' and served piping hot with all the spicyness we have come to expect. For those who prefer a more mild style, you may want to try Ryno's sleepy salad with Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings dressing on the side.

All dinners come with a side of Spanish rice and peas as well as refried refried beans (thats right, we fry them thrice). The cost of the meal is $87.88 and includes a small diet Coke, a portion of which funds the Flightless Boars Foundation as well as the Send PJ to Disney fund.

No Pigs were harmed in the making of this post, only the ones killed so I could savor their sweet sweet wings.

The dress code for women is pants. If you're over 230 pounds it is advised you also wear a top.

I'm glad you brought this up Jes, because Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings will be added to Pete's back yard BBQ, but there will not be any ADRs. The current wait time is 180 minutes. Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings are being prepared by Corey while Kevin is out sick, but @DisneyKevin is expected to return shortly to take over as the pitmaster.

For those who don't know, these delights are harvested twice a year from the wild Flightless Boars at Animal Kingdom. While high demand and low supply usually would make them hard to get, Disney's monopoly on the market ensures that you will get your fill. The small wings are carefully removed, marinated for 24 hours in lager, battered in ground Kona coffee and corn flakes, pressed out on the legs of a 17 year old Cuban virgin, then deep fried until Kevin wakes up from his nap and says they are ready. They are then tossed in 'Pete's secret sauce' and served piping hot with all the spicyness we have come to expect. For those who prefer a more mild style, you may want to try Ryno's sleepy salad with Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings dressing on the side.

All dinners come with a side of Spanish rice and peas as well as refried refried beans (thats right, we fry them thrice). The cost of the meal is $87.88 and includes a small diet Coke, a portion of which funds the Flightless Boars Foundation as well as the Send PJ to Disney fund.

No Pigs were harmed in the making of this post, only the ones killed so I could savor their sweet sweet wings.
I don't have any words except "bravo my friend, bravo. @KingLlama wpuld be proud"

The dress code for women is pants. If you're over 230 pounds it is advised you also wear a top.
Excellent, I'm currently pushing 228 so I'm all good!!

On the plus side, Pete did just open up more capacity for lawn camping ... he has opened up the Voodoo Sticky Pig Wing of his property. There is an upcharge as it is considered a preferred view location as if you tilt your head just so you can sorta make out the TV they play Disney Infinity on through the window

On the plus side, Pete did just open up more capacity for lawn camping ... he has opened up the Voodoo Sticky Pig Wing of his property. There is an upcharge as it is considered a preferred view location as if you tilt your head just so you can sorta make out the TV they play Disney Infinity on through the window
Does that mean it's also considered a walking track view?

Are there many of the Bob Varley studio view spaces left?

Does that mean it's also considered a walking track view?

Are there many of the Bob Varley studio view spaces left?

No, however if you request an end unit and are granted that request (but, let's be honest, you won't be) you can get a partial walking track view from there

I believe their are some Bob Varley studio view spaces left, however only at the concierge level. There is a significant up-charge for that and the only service the actual concierge provides is to advice you to STAY OUT OF THE DAM LAKES!

Watch this weeks episode and pay attention to the window behind Pete. you can see the Voodoo Sticky Pigs moving around in the yard. This is also the premium camp site location during the 10th anniversary with it's partial view.

Due to the panic of ticket price increases we bought our passes. When I say we, I mean my wife, because she pays for everything. We have 10 day parkhoppers for Disney and 2 day passes for Pete's Back Yard BBQ and the newest event, Eat Off.

If you haven't seen the announced, Eat Off is a competitive eating event featuring Molly Schuyler, Joey Chestnut, Sonya 'the Black Widow' Thomas, Kobayashi, and of corse Cory Martin. They will compete in two 30 minute rounds to see who can eat the most Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings. After a strong win at wingbowl, the 120 pound Molly is a heavy 3:1 favorite, while @orlandotiger is currently a 50:1 underdog. Dor tickets or qualify to enter you must contact Kevin at dreams unlimited. There are no odds on @SarahDisney, but since she does not wear pants she does have an advantage.

Ryno and JL are set to host a tour of the podcast set, but the date has yet to be set. Pricing is listed at $329 and includes two Voodoo Sticky Pig Wings, but we have not found where the tickets are being sold, and Kevin has blocked me from his email accounts (all 6 of them).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter