Dirty Bedcovers???

Originally posted by airhead
....are bad. It gets people all worked up and all grossed out. We live in a world of germs. Most people don't give it a second thought about what they touch during the day and then touch their eyes,mouth and face . If you knew what when on in restaurant kitchens, most would never eat out again! The same goes for the deli and meatroom at your market. I've worked at these places ,I know what does and doesn't happen. Do you ever think of what germs may lurk on that shopping cart handle?
Or any public door handle? Its all around us,where there's people
there's germs! Wash your hands frequently,pull the bedspreads off the bed and try not to think too much about who was there before you! Life is too short to worry about these things!!:wave2:
::yes:: ITA, airhead.

I know our last trip that we spent time in a hotel, we were in the room and had one of the relations not well. It was the third day of a week long stay. The maid showed up and asked if we would like the sheets changed, because this was the bedding change day during our stay. So we started with assumed clean sheets (at least) and they changed out everything halfway through. I guess it depends on the standards of the hotel. But for the price you pay at Disney World Resorts you would assume they would keep up a good standards.

Stacey

Everyone gets clean sheets when you check in. Bedspreads, comforters and blankets are replaced with clean ones once a month unless there is an obvious reason to change them. This is the policy Disney uses and I am sure it is similar to all other resorts and hotels.

Disney does not replace the sheets daily once you check in, unless you request it. They replace them on the 3rd day.

Originally posted by DisneyAddict_M
What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. ;)

I agree....and until I was on these boards I never thought about the comforters....still doesn't bother me though...

I just found this thread and thought I'd toss in my 2 cents:

I was a housekeeper for a large hotel, and the previous
info is correct - blankets, bedspreads and comforters (not to mention pillow shams, if used) are only replaced on a monthly
basis, and this is rotating. Meaning if the hotel is short-staffed,
not everything that was scheduled for that rotation may get
cleaned as often as monthly, it may get put off until the next week or even the next month - did that make sense? (hope so!).

You should never use the bedspreads,
and always check your blankets for cleanliness,
as they are more easily replaced (generally).

Here's a hint: Yes, tip your MouseKeeper, but why not strip the
bed yourself and simply ask them to bring you the clean
replacements, then you can make the bed up again?
Seems to me this would be much easier,
and probably more quickly accomodated,
if they know they only have to collect/drop off the bedding.

Mouse/House Keeping is hard work, but that's their job,
and they should do it thoroughly.

At my resort, the blanket on the bed is changed after every guest departs. My resort has 2100+ rooms and average occupancy is 95% year round. The comforters are changed once every 3 weeks UNLESS the guest requests a new one sooner and we would happily ablige.

The reasoning is the comforters are cleaned in scalding water and given they are heavy duty, they tend to take quite a bit of time to launder. The life span of a comforter is approx 9 months and they tend to be quite costly. Fading and discoloration isn't uncommon. We also remove the comforter when the room is turned down each night. The comforters are placed in the closet.

Housekeeping at most resorts is available 24/7 and should you feel the need for your sheets to be changed, a simple call can sure ease a worried mind. Otherwise, if your stay is 3+ days, the sheets are changed every 2 days during the spring/summer and every 3 days during fall/winter.

Our number one concern is guest satisfaction and at my resort as well as others, the staff will do whatever it takes to ensure your stay is comfotable and safe.

I also might add, it is my opinion to always take care of the Housekeeper during and/or after your stay. These folks have a very difficult task maintaining rooms that are often left in less than desirable conditions.

If you want to see how often the sheets are changed you can do a simple test. Place a safety pin on the 2 corner of the sheet. Check for the pins each day. When its gone, you know the sheets are changed.

Thanks for letting me voice my 2 cents...

My DH travels quite a bit for work, and he NEVER uses the comforter. In fact, the first thing he does when we get into our hotel room is remove the comforter/bedspread. If we have a room with two beds, we usually use one for sleeping and one for lounging.
I know it would be impossible for Mousekeeping to change bedspreads after every guest. I'd prefer to call for new stuff and change the bed myself. That way, I know it's clean.
I'm also packing the Clorox wipes. The last thing that anyone needs on vacation is to get sick.

We arrived at Port Orleans French Quarters (April), checked in around midnight, proceeded to our room. Unpacked turned covers down to go to bed and found DIRTY, I mean DIRTY bed linen ! Totally unacceptable ! Never had that problem at any of the other Disney Resorts and we've stay many, many times at the resorts. We were VERY unpleased ! So it does happen. Yuck !

Originally posted by Cris
they always change the bedsheets!!

you all act like that only disney has this policy. This is a industry standard.

:confused: :confused: Eh?! Yes I know that. My post was directed to someone who said that maybe we should pay more for a "special" room with clean sheets, etc (not the bedcovers). No one should have to pay more for this standard.

I emailed Disney and asked them about the frequency of bedspread and blanket changes. Here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

Bedsheets and pillow cases are change regularly every couple of days by resort house keeping
services, unless requested otherwise by a guest.

Blankets and bedspreads are replaced as they wear out. They are changed and cleaned regularly as
needed. All bedding is changed upon guest request outside of the regular schedule.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

Sasha Scheremetow

Online Guest Service

Originally posted by Zoo Keeper
I emailed Disney and asked them about the frequency of bedspread and blanket changes. Here's their reply:

They are changed and cleaned regularly as
needed.

Hmm, a pretty non-commital statement!

I agree. They "danced" around the question.
I know I will be asking for clean blankets and bedspreads, especially after that response.

I posted Disney's policy.

In case you did not read the entire thread. They change them once a month unless there is an obvious reason to do otherwise.

Bed sheets are changed after each guest checks out and on the 3rd day of a staff unless you ask for daily sheet changes.

I own a vacation villa in Kissimmee and I demand that my staff change both the blankets and comforter with the sheets for each change of guests. I have spares in the linen closet. I also have a washer and dryer in the condo so that if my guests have a question about the bedding, they can drop it in the machines and be sure.
We will be there this Tuesday! I can't wait!
Zip

When we were at All Star Sports at spring break, I noticed as people checked out around us that they completely strip the beds and wash it all!!!! I can also tell that they do this because they bedspreads are a little faded. I don't mind the fading one bit since I know now that I am sleeping under something frash and CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by corrinna
When we were at All Star Sports at spring break, I noticed as people checked out around us that they completely strip the beds and wash it all!!!! I can also tell that they do this because they bedspreads are a little faded. I don't mind the fading one bit since I know now that I am sleeping under something frash and CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This does not mean they do this everytime. You could have checked out during the monthly date for the washing of bedspreads and blankets. They don't remove the entire resort on the same day. Once a month blankets and bedspreads are removed. This monthly removal is rotated throughout the resort.

I have friends that work in Housekeeping for Disney and as I have stated already it's once a month unless there is a problem that makes it necessary to change them more often.

Is the changing of the bed spreads and blankets a real important issue? Will the next step to have the carpets cleaned and the drapes? Bringing clorox to clean all surfaces? Wearing gloves and a mask when a I leave the room become the standard?

Gosh if the bed spread looks like it needs a change, then I will request one. I am so amazed at the level of germ fear in the US today that has been driven by the cleaning products marketing plan. I know that for me, and for only me, that it is not that big a deal and that if I started to think of all the might haves that can go on in the commercial world(restaurants, hotel, planes, etc) I would never want to leave home.

IMO, it is easy enough to turn down the bedspread & blanket upon arrival and not think about it again. The sheets have been changed and that is what is touching your body anyway. I use the blanket but it never touches me. The sheet is underneath so while I am using the blanket it never touches me b/c the clean sheet is there. I think it is unreasonable to assume that the bedspreads in EVERY hotel are cleaned after each guest. However, I don't think it is unreasonable to request new ones if desired. Just think about that couch in the lobby that you sat on while waiting to check in. People who are sick with runny noses, colds, a rash, who knows..... they all sat on that couch before you. I barely think Disney is going to have that couch cleaned every three weeks. Isn't that the same thing as sitting on your bedspread in your room?? Just something to think about. Overall, Disney is still the cleanest place to vaction at, IMO.::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter