Dirty Bedcovers???

tinkerbeth

Goin' back soon!!
I was talking to my SIL today about our trip to WDW and how I'm going to bring Lysol and Clorox wipes (b/c I read that other thread ;) ) and she said that she saw on Oprah that the dirtiest thing at any resort is the blankets and bed spreads b/c they wash the sheets but they don't wash those!

She said there was one lady on Oprah who said that every time she goes to stay at a hotel, she insists that they change the blankets and comforters in front of her with freshly dry-cleaned ones. I can't imagine that would endeer me to MK staff very much.

Does anyone know (maybe a CM is lurking?) if this is the case at WDW? We're staying at PC specifically. How often do those things get washed? I do tend to sit or lie on the top of the bed if we're just chilling in the room watching TV or having a snack or changing for the pool.

Any ideas??

Thanks.

Beth :hyper:

This has crossed my mind as well. How do you find this type of thing under a search? If you find it will you either post it here or send it to me too please?

Thanks,
Stacy

I did do a search and I found the thread safetymom was referring to, but it doesn't really answer my questions. I'm curious to how often those things get changed. THe other posts addressed the idea of using sheets to double sheet the bed.

Tinkerbeth, if you get anywhere with this let me know. I saw the same show and my DS and I were totally freaked out! I'd also like to know the story on how frequently they put new blankets, bedspreads on the beds! :earseek:

I think it just makes sense that they don't wash the blankets everytime..........when you look at the mousekeeper supply carts right outside your door, there are no clean bedspreads, just towels sheets and toiletries. My dd is very very picky and before getting into bed she inspects the sheets thoroughly.... usually the only things she finds are hairs, but anyways its not comforting knowing that the bedspread is not cleaned everytime...

I'd e-mail Disney and ask them. You'd get their standard response and maybe a phone call (the two times I have e-mailed them, they replied via a phone call) But at least you would know what their expectations are.

Thats a good idea Sue. It seems gross tho that they wouldnt change them AFTER each family leaves. That seems so unsanitary. I understand its alot of wash but hey..we are paying for it.

This is one reson I LOVE camping.......at least I know my sheets are clean! However....when we vacation at WDW we do stay on site. This is something we really shouldnt have to worry about...it should be a given that the bedspreads are changed after each family leaves. That seems so gross!

Where do we send an email to? I would be happy to see what they say about this. And with all the diseases and stuff going around these days...I would think they would want to be sanitary about issues such as these.

Stacy

I read about this years ago, so the first thing I do when I go into a hotel room is remove the bedspread and blankets and just use the sheets. You would think they wash them after each family leaves, but after reading what they found when they did tests on bedspreads (hate to be gross, but feces, semen etc.), I'm not taking a chance!

I do think thats pretty gross myself..they should be changed after checkout and before the next person checks in. Honestly I cant believe the law would allow them to have you sleep with a blanket/bedspread that someone else you dont even know just used...sickening!

Whenever we check out of a timeshare I make sure to strip the bed all the way down and throw the stuff in the big tub so that they have to do something with it..I'm sure others probably dont but at least I know I try.

we always fold our comforter/bedspread down all the way the
second we get in the room as well as the blanket and even if we
get the sheets dirty we stay off the icky comforter...

i would reccommend not letting kids sit on the floors either, imagine how often they get shampooed???

:earseek:

Just back from a quick CBR trip last week. When we checked in (approx. 8:00 p.m.) on Saturday, we got to our room and one of the beds was unmade, like someone had taken a nap just under the comforter. Immediately called housekeeping and the housekeeping manager got on the phone, apologizing and sent someone right over. The man who came completely stripped the bed, including the mattress pad, and replaced everything. When we were getting ready to check out 4 days later, upon our return from breakfast, the housekeeper was already cleaning our room and both beds were stripped down again, mattress pads and all, and had completely new sets of bedding folded in what looked like huge dry cleaning bags at the foot of each bed. Don't know if this is the norm, only know what I witnessed.

We stayed at OKW last November and requested only clean sheets after day 2. They came in and changed everything including bedspread. Nice to know....

....are bad. It gets people all worked up and all grossed out. We live in a world of germs. Most people don't give it a second thought about what they touch during the day and then touch their eyes,mouth and face . If you knew what when on in restaurant kitchens, most would never eat out again! The same goes for the deli and meatroom at your market. I've worked at these places ,I know what does and doesn't happen. Do you ever think of what germs may lurk on that shopping cart handle?
Or any public door handle? Its all around us,where there's people
there's germs! Wash your hands frequently,pull the bedspreads off the bed and try not to think too much about who was there before you! Life is too short to worry about these things!!:wave2:

Well---I would still like clean sheets/bedspreads on my bed. Its just unsanitary to do it any other way.

I still feel that having clean bedding is what we should expect as a standard not an option.

JMO, Stacy

Right before we left for WDW was when the big thread about dirty bedspreads, blankets and bed bugs was circulating on these boards. Because of that, the first thing we did when we got to our room at POFQ this April was call the front desk to have all our bedding changed and request additional pillows. Even though the resort had only been open for 3 weeks, I did find lots of stains on those brand new bedspreads! When a CM arrived at our door, all he had was the pillows. MY DH asked him if someone was coming to strip the beds and he said he wasn't sure and we would have to call the front desk again. We showed him the "stains" and I explained to him that we really wanted everything to be changed. He said he didn't know if it would be done that night. My DH pulled out a couple bucks and asked the guy if he would personally take care of it. Sure enough, he was right back with all new bedding and had the bed stripped and remade for us.

He was wonderful to us the rest of the trip. He would stop outside our door and ask us how everything was and if we needed anything. He stopped by one day to leave the kids some pens and notepads and another time he stopped to give the kids some extra postcards. My DH tried to tip him but he refused. He just wanted to make sure we had a good time.

I will always ask to have the bedding changed from now on. I used to just pull the covers off and use the sheets but then I would be cold all night. This trip I was nice and comfortable knowing that the linens were clean.

I did bring my Lysol and did check for bed bugs. After the first hour of disinfecting the room and stripping the beds, it finally felt like home! ;)

I travel all the time and I don't expect my bedspread to be changed after every guest.

I do expect clean sheets. Maybe they need to make special rooms that cost more for those that need new bedspreads and blankets after every guest.

I haven't gotten sick, brought home any "friends", been bitten by bed bugs. I don't think I am lucky I just feel that most hotels are doing the best they can and what the market will bear in room costs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter