• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dinner Rotation Requests

holly dolly

<font color=9999CC>Is not sure what Holly might do
What do you have to do to be able to request your dinner rotation on the Magic? I know that you have to be a member of some club but is that the only way?

BD is not too far off base.....actually, for the most part, you cannot request your dinner rotation early. You will find it out when you check in at the pier. It will be listed on your KTTW card.

If you are staying in Cat 1, 2, or 3, you may be able to request it early, but I am not 100% sure. Belonging to any club has nothing to do with it.

MJ

Ok, you CAN request a specific dining rotation, no guarantees you'll get it, but sofar we're 3 for 3 on requests. Contact whoever you booked the cruise with.

Mark, you are very lucky....I have also requested 3 times but was told each time that DCL does not do this but they would note it on our ressie....we got the rotation we wanted 2 of 3 times but I just chalked it up to luck.

DCL's offical policy on this is that you cannot request certain dining rotations....but who knows what will happen if you call and ask...things change all the time with DCL.

MJ

yeah I beleive that is what I heard that if you a cat. 1,2, or 3 (not a club) you could request a rotation. Thaks guys for all the info.

Okay, now you have me curious...what would be the desired rotation on a three or four day cruise? What makes one more rotation more desirable than another?
Holly <---not the same Holly that started this thread :earsgirl:

Chalk us down as lucky I guess. :D

Our group cruised Cat. 9 in Dec., we booked with Cruise411.
After our final paym. I called Disney to be sure we were linked for dining and asked if I could request PLA. It was noted, there was no guarantee, we got lucky.

Originally posted by Minnie&Mickey
Okay, now you have me curious...what would be the desired rotation on a three or four day cruise? What makes one more rotation more desirable than another?
Holly <---not the same Holly that started this thread :earsgirl:

Holly for a 3 or 4 night it really doesn't matter (in my opinion) what your rotation is because you'll be in each location at least once.

When we went on the 7 day Western we requested (and got) the APL rotation so that our formal and semi-formal nights would be in Lumiere's and so we would be in Parrot Cay for Mexicali night (and also for Key West). Would it have been awful if we didn't get the rotation we asked for? No, but we sure had fun with that rotation. BTW we were 4 adults and this was the kids rotation so I'm pretty sure we got it because we asked for it.

Thanks for the info, Mary. Now I understand why certain rotations are preferred over others. I guess since we will probably be on a 3 day cruise, this will be one less thing for me to worry about.
Holly

I am sure that ANY rotation is probably great! :D

The formal nights seem to be one of the big reasons for wanting a particular rotation on the 7-nite cruises. ( seems odd that the rotation that Mary got that seems best for Formal Night is also the 'kids' rotation??? Seems it ought to be the most adult rotation???)

That brings up the second consideration... I know that one of the reasons that we would prefer the Tritons-Animators-Parrot rotation on our 4 night (three nite-cruises as well) is because this is, (supposedly) the most adult rotation. Also, this starts off the cruise in Tritons, the most traditional-elegant restaurant, and puts us in Parrot Cay on Castaway Cay day. Just seems to 'fit'! Then that either leaves the fourth night for Palo, or ends the cruise back in Tritons.

I know that you can request dining changes once onboard... Does that include asking for the rotation that you would like? With DS(5), I just know that we will get A-P-T-A.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter