• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining with large parties

blessedmomofboys

Mouseketeer
We are traveling with my sister-in-law and her family and my in-laws. There are 12 of us total. We have linked our reservations and noted that we would like to be seated together. However, I got to thinking...can they even sit that many people together at the same table?

We are traveling with my sister-in-law and her family and my in-laws. There are 12 of us total. We have linked our reservations and noted that we would like to be seated together. However, I got to thinking...can they even sit that many people together at the same table?

I have seen large tables but I am not 100% sure I seen a 12 top.
We are a party of 31 and the times we have cruised together we were put in 3 large tables next to each other.

I don't think I've ever seen a table that big on DCL, but I bet they can set you very close (next) to each other. And the tables are fairly close, you'll be able to communicate a bit with the other table (not a lot, but a bit) :)

hmmmmm... that would be a bummer to be seperated. Plus on of my kids is on my in-laws reservations so that would be even more of a bummer if he isn't with us.

hmmmmm... that would be a bummer to be seperated. Plus on of my kids is on my in-laws reservations so that would be even more of a bummer if he isn't with us.
You can always re-arrange. If your group has 2 tables, they don't really care who sits at which table, as long as you're consistent about it.

(Actually, they might not even care if you're consistent if both tables have the same servers).

Sayhello

We were at a table for 14 in Dec as we had arranged to sit with 3 other Dis families:
IMG_0962.jpg

We've been a party of 11 once and 12 another time and all were able to sit at the same table.

My first cruise was 22 and they split us into two tables. At the suggestion of our waiters, we had all the kids at one table (except the two year old) and the adults at the other table.

On my second cruise, we had a family of fifteen and they sat us all together. They basically put the rectangular tables together. We put kids on one end and adults at the other!

They say they only have a table of 8 but that's the largest single table. I've seen them string several tables together on many occassions - including groups from our last WBTA cruise.

I've sailed with a group of 13 and a group of 16, both times we were at 2 tables and just pushed them together.

i believe they haveone really big table, we tried to get it for the halloween cruise but someone had it already. it would of fit us all and we were a party of 13. Like pp its that table in parrot cay, i believe it was 23. any way they will try and keep u close. Past cruise we had two tables, only time we ran into trouble was in lumineres(sp?) there was a table between us. But considering i couldn't keep my kids out of the club we never used it.

i believe they haveone really big table, we tried to get it for the halloween cruise but someone had it already. it would of fit us all and we were a party of 13. Like pp its that table in parrot cay, i believe it was 23. any way they will try and keep u close. Past cruise we had two tables, only time we ran into trouble was in lumineres(sp?) there was a table between us. But considering i couldn't keep my kids out of the club we never used it.

Yes, it was table 23. The picture was taken in Parrot Cay but it was the same in Lumieres and AP - one table for all of us.

I have seen large tables but I am not 100% sure I seen a 12 top.
We are a party of 31 and the times we have cruised together we were put in 3 large tables next to each other.

Really? Well I don't think it applies to the Dream… We tried linking reservations so that 12 of us would be sitting at the same table, but they said it was not possible… They said that the maximum per table on the Dream is only 8 people per table...

On the Magic and Wonder the max per serving station is 18 people - whatever the seating arrangement. More than that and the servers can't get things out in a timely fashion.

On our last cruise we had 32 DISers. The head waiter was able to move things around so that we were in two stations, one right next to each other. We were told that there had to be at least one adult at the kids table but no one said anything when all of the adults left the kids "alone" (ok, at the next able)

Moral to the story: call DCL and put in your request and then get everyone together when you have your KTTW cards and make sure you are all on the same rotation. Linking reservations does not guarantee you will be on the same rotation (you'd think so - but on the last two cruises we were not )

On the Magic and Wonder the max per serving station is 18 people - whatever the seating arrangement. More than that and the servers can't get things out in a timely fashion.

On our last cruise we had 32 DISers. The head waiter was able to move things around so that we were in two stations, one right next to each other. We were told that there had to be at least one adult at the kids table but no one said anything when all of the adults left the kids "alone" (ok, at the next able)

Moral to the story: call DCL and put in your request and then get everyone together when you have your KTTW cards and make sure you are all on the same rotation. Linking reservations does not guarantee you will be on the same rotation (you'd think so - but on the last two cruises we were not )

Above is so true...on the Halloween cruise on the Magic we had 13 people with all our ressies linked.....when we checked in we found 3 in our party had early seating while the rest of us had late seating. We immediately went to Rockin Bar D and were able to get us all switched to the same rotation. We had two tables...one for 4 and one for 9.

But we have had that large table (#23) before for our group of 15 and it is good and bad...it was nice that we were all at the same table but the table is so big that is nearly impossible to converse with people at the other end....each night we switched up where we sat as we could talk to different people...the servers had no problem with that.

Table 23 is in the center towards the back of each of the dining rooms.

MJ

I agree about the conversations. While we really wanted to sit together, it was toooooo loud to have a conversation with anyone other than the people on either side. Some of us did switch seats to mixed it up

we are travelling as a party of 9 and hoping to sit together but they wont guarantee it yet so hopefully

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter