Dining plan question

We used it for our trip last NYE -- We loved it and DH is still talking about enjoying all the different desserts. We are not dessert people when we are home and go out to eat, so that was a real treat for us. With older kids (9 yo twins) who can eat a lot - the plan seemed to make sense -- they used more of my snack credits than i did.

We really enjoyed selecting different TS restaurants to try out and kept our TS meals for our dinners as you make out better saving QS for lunch. We probably would have not done TS meals every day if we didn't have the Dining plan. We don't go out to eat very often at home (couple times a month) so it was a vacation that we didn't want to worry about what things cost and we wanted to enjoy the experience. We don't go every year so it is a real treat to have the plan.

We didn't feel as though we had to order the most expensive things but then again we didn't worry about what we were ordering. We are not drinkers so I can see how TiW might make sense for those who might want a couple of drinks with a meal or those that visit a number of times per year. I loosely kept track of what our meals would have cost - (we did a couple character meals as well) and we probably saved only $20.

We used it for our trip last NYE -- We loved it and DH is still talking about enjoying all the different desserts. We are not dessert people when we are home and go out to eat, so that was a real treat for us. With older kids (9 yo twins) who can eat a lot - the plan seemed to make sense -- they used more of my snack credits than i did.

We really enjoyed selecting different TS restaurants to try out and kept our TS meals for our dinners as you make out better saving QS for lunch. We probably would have not done TS meals every day if we didn't have the Dining plan. We don't go out to eat very often at home (couple times a month) so it was a vacation that we didn't want to worry about what things cost and we wanted to enjoy the experience. We don't go every year so it is a real treat to have the plan.

We didn't feel as though we had to order the most expensive things but then again we didn't worry about what we were ordering. We are not drinkers so I can see how TiW might make sense for those who might want a couple of drinks with a meal or those that visit a number of times per year. I loosely kept track of what our meals would have cost - (we did a couple character meals as well) and we probably saved only $20.
I would agree that it's a great way to be able to try things one normally wouldn't but I would caution that if it truly only saved $20, the risk is too high to make it worthwhile. Though obviously it depends on how one measures the savings. The way I measure savings is based on what I would have spent after discounts outside the DP. I do also look at increased value as well but I don't consider that savings. The way some do it though is a mistake IMO. They take what they would have spent for what they actually ordered and compare to the DP price. That method far overestimates the "savings" and to a degree, the increased value for most people.

We have only used it one time and we loved it
We like the fact that that our meals are paid for
But it was the first time we went with only 2 people and not 10 to 12
Yes it was a savings we had 2 ts meals a day planed with 3 or 4 signature experiences planned
We saved almost 300 per person

We will be doing it for our next trip but with the price increase this year we are not expecting to save as much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter