dining dress code

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only problem I see here is if some Guest's want an upscaled dinning experience, then they have to pay extra to go to Palo or Remy.
And under 18's are not allowed.

The Guests that chose to ignore the request can spoil the whole "fancy" for some or usual experience for those who chose to abide by the request.

Ex Techie

This is a pointless argument. You can't force people to have class and manners if they don't want to. The best you can do is try to instill these character traits in your children.

No, but it sure does kill the time to argue pointless debates when both sides believe 100% that they are right! :rotfl:

It's better for the bottom line if they allow them, so they do."

I personally would say "they tolerate them" rather than allow them.

After all, they have requested you do not wear them and you have chosen not to respect they're wishes, but to do what you feel is right for you.

Ex Techie

Wearing shorts to dinner is like farting in church.

CAN you do it? Yes.

SHOULD you do it? No.

"However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner."

That's good enough for me. They don't want shorts at dinner. So no shorts it is.

We've been on two Disney Cruises: in 2008 and 2010 and we will be cruising on the Dream in 2012. I really haven't posted to any of the debates on the shorts or no shorts in the dining room threads. However, when reading about the promotional materials depicting people in shorts in the dining rooms, does anyone think they could be breakfast or lunch pictures??

I honestly can't answer that question. I tried to find the specific pictures I was thinking about it and can't locate them - they were artist's renderings and all I can find now when I google is actual pictures after the Dream started sailing. The pictures had no title or caption that would depict which meal was being portrayed. I just know it showed people in shorts in the dining rooms.

The LAST post to this thread I will add is,

Is it ok to disrespect the wishes of the restaurant owner and disobey their request just to suit your own "requirements", or to avoid your DS's or DD's tantrum's, or your tastes or principles of it "doesn't say NO shorts" on the paperwork?

As I said earlier, wear what you feel comfortable in and you won't be turned away.

But you wont be following what they ask you to do or wear.

Ex Techie

If DCL's request for no shorts really means, "Wear whatever you want" then why was it made in the first place? Why not save space in their literature/on their website and leave it out altogether? :confused3

Wearing shorts to dinner is like farting in church.

CAN you do it? Yes.

SHOULD you do it? No.

"However, you are requested to not wear tank tops, swim wear or shorts for dinner."

That's good enough for me. They don't want shorts at dinner. So no shorts it is.

Best. Response. Ever. :lmao:

End of the line for this thread....it amazes me how every one of the "dress code" threads end the same way.

The two sides will NEVER agree on this topic.

MJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter