DING $39 each way

Mickey527

DIS Veteran
I just booked from Providence RI to Orlando for $39 each way in Dec. for a total of $97 RT.
I haven't seen fares that low since 2001.
I usually fly out of Hartford but RI isn't that much farther and the price is so much better.
Does anyone know anything about the airport, like do they have cheap parking anywhere, etc..... Peggie

Is there anyway to get the Ding prices, or look at them, without downloading the program?

We prefer PVD over BDL and have had great luck with "Post Road Valet" in Warwick...A short hop to the airport and great prices. Check them out online and I think you may be lucky to find a coupon? We have in the past, but I believe they also accept AAA for a small discount...Good luck!

P.S. When in December are you travelling? We just revised a SWA fare and saved $100 on the coming home leg of our trip, but that was with a $59 DING...$39 was for when, if you don't mind? Have a good one!

I don't know if it's the same for everyone, but I had a DING fare for $39 Balt/Orlando from Dec 1 - 19th.

Good luck, WDW December Travelers!!

Go look for the DING thread and on the last page someone did post a link today. You aren't supposed to technically use it, as it has their special number in it, but in truth, it works just fine.

T.F. Greene Airport is very easy to fly in and out of. I can't help with long term parking, because we always get dropped off since we live in the area. There is only one way in through security, and the airport is very small. They are doing construction in the terminal right now, so it doesn't look that great though.

Also, regardless of what everything tells you...you WILL NOT be flying in and out of Providence. The airport is actually located in Warwick. ;)

I am dork and can't find thelink you speak of. Can someone link me to the link please?

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Go look for the DING thread and on the last page someone did post a link today. You aren't supposed to technically use it, as it has their special number in it, but in truth, it works just fine.

So this is the link I am looking for, again please link me to the correct thread because I am a dork. :sunny:

Rhode Islanders....

Anyone know about new bus service between TFGreen and the Cape? I saw something in the paper this summer when I was up that and wondered if Bonanza/Peter Pan had started service.

I got the $39 ding this morning for Privdence :cool1: , I originally had $109. Hopefully my return flight on the 28th will go lower! So far, I've saved $275!

Keep watching the DINGS and that DING thread, as you tend to see the same DINGS every few days or week.

Greene has long term parking for $11 a day. You have to take a bus from parking to terminal but it is a very short ride and very easy. I just did it about 2 weeks ago with my 6 year old. The bus driver was very nice and helped us get our bags on and off the bus.

I am leaving on Dec 6 and return on the 13th. I will change to Hartford if DING has rates that low but if not I will go to RI. It is a difference of about 1 hour driving from my house according to Mapquest. I live in Bpt, which is really closer to NY airports but I never seem to find cheap prices from there.
I really want to be in Epcot for NYE so I will keep watching those DING rates.
This is just a quick last minute trip to visit my sister and of course see the Mouse. Now that I am on disability I can go whenever I find the cheap rates but I can't really afford a hotel so I have to depend on my sister wanting me to drop in on her. Peggie

pbnjrockette said:
Rhode Islanders....

Anyone know about new bus service between TFGreen and the Cape? I saw something in the paper this summer when I was up that and wondered if Bonanza/Peter Pan had started service.

I hadn't heard that but Bonanza Bus has a web site http://www.bonanzabus.com/

They are now part of the Peter Pan buslines family so you will be re-directed to that site.

HTH

Mickey527 said:
I just booked from Providence RI to Orlando for $39 each way in Dec. for a total of $97 RT.
I haven't seen fares that low since 2001.
I usually fly out of Hartford but RI isn't that much farther and the price is so much better.
Does anyone know anything about the airport, like do they have cheap parking anywhere, etc..... Peggie

Peggie----

We use Preflight. They are right across from the airport and they have a shuttle. They have a website (they are a national company) and you can print a 10%-15% off coupon depending on the special. If you join their parking club (free) you can get credit towards free days. By joining the club, you can reserve a parking space, and even if the lot is "full" you will have a space.

Other places to park are Thrifty Car Rental (AAA discount) and Post Road Valet as someone else mentioned.

What time does your flight leave on the 6th?? I have an idea.....email me!

MemoryMakers2669 said:
Keep watching the DINGS and that DING thread, as you tend to see the same DINGS every few days or week.
THANKS for this tip! I got a DING out of PVD to MCO this Morning (10/28) $89. for Sunday Dec.17th. I was HOPING for lower :rolleyes: since I paid $135. for my flight home on 12/22(I wanted a specific flight and did not want to chance waiting). Do DINGS ever go lower for the same flights?? The 17th is still pretty wide open and the flights on Saturday 12/16 were down to $44.!Thanks,Joan

Yes, Joan, the same flights can go lower. I just did this this week in fact. Got them for $59, then $39 today. For our September trip, we got credits (DING) THREE times before it was all said and done...so continue to watch them everyday until that time. I would go subscibe to the DING thread that is being kept and just check it as often as possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter