Diehard Disney 'Ohana Explores a Whole New Gluten-Free World! Update 8/3 - Captain Cook's

What a great start to your reviews! I'm so impressed with how well Disney handles allergies. While I don't have anything nearly as serious as Celiac, I do have tree nut allergies and the restaurants at Disney are excellent in making sure everything I eat is safe.

WOW...I am impressed with that burger and fries...on my way via Facebook to tell daughter in law...

Disney was "on point" on every level in understanding both what had gluten and what, specifically, was being done to avoid THAT PARTICULAR allergen. I mean, I expected the sit-downs to understand. But the level at which even the grab-and-go staff understood was just incredible. It was perfect.

my dil did say that Mc donalds sprinkles something on the fries before they cook them..and it has gluten in it whatever it is...but I told her that these are done in a special fryer...she was impressed...

Thank you for this trip report - I also have celiac, and love reading about the gluten-free goodies I have to look forward to on my next trip!

I am joining in the fun! My DD15 has allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and bananas AND I was diagnosed with Non-celiac gluten sensitivity last month. Looking forward to reading about the allergy friendly foods you encountered as well as the staff's willingness to accommodate. We have always had mostly great experiences at WDW for DD -with the exception of Pepper Market-but we have not been to WDW since the introduction of the allergy friendly menus.

Thank you for taking the time to share :flower:

Joining in! I can't wait to hear about some of your other gluten-free experiences. We are going in October and I am not celiac, but I am very allergic to wheat (and other things). (Also, I Love Eeyore, too!!)

Following along! The food looks delicious! Congrats on your BSN. I am currently in my final year of nursing school and will be celebrating graduation next year at WDW. Can't wait to read more:yay:

Yes that lunch at Captain Cook's was great! Good luck in Nursing School! Nursing is a wonderful, rewarding profession, and so versatile. I hope you do a report after your celebration.

What a great start to your reviews! I'm so impressed with how well Disney handles allergies. While I don't have anything nearly as serious as Celiac, I do have tree nut allergies and the restaurants at Disney are excellent in making sure everything I eat is safe.

Thanks for reading! They were amazing with allergies, the best we have encountered here in the U.S.

WOW...I am impressed with that burger and fries...on my way via Facebook to tell daughter in law...

Belle was thrilled!

Disney was "on point" on every level in understanding both what had gluten and what, specifically, was being done to avoid THAT PARTICULAR allergen. I mean, I expected the sit-downs to understand. But the level at which even the grab-and-go staff understood was just incredible. It was perfect.

Yup!

my dil did say that Mc donalds sprinkles something on the fries before they cook them..and it has gluten in it whatever it is...but I told her that these are done in a special fryer...she was impressed...

True here in the U.S., but not in U.K., so when Belle was over there she was able to enjoy McDonald's fries (and also they have dedicated fryers there)!

Thank you for this trip report - I also have celiac, and love reading about the gluten-free goodies I have to look forward to on my next trip!

Thanks for reading, glad I can help!

I am joining in the fun! My DD15 has allergies to peanuts, tree nuts, eggs and bananas AND I was diagnosed with Non-celiac gluten sensitivity last month. Looking forward to reading about the allergy friendly foods you encountered as well as the staff's willingness to accommodate. We have always had mostly great experiences at WDW for DD -with the exception of Pepper Market-but we have not been to WDW since the introduction of the allergy friendly menus.

Thank you for taking the time to share :flower:

Uh, no, what happened at Pepper Market?! Thanks for reading

Joining in! I can't wait to hear about some of your other gluten-free experiences. We are going in October and I am not celiac, but I am very allergic to wheat (and other things). (Also, I Love Eeyore, too!!)

Thanks for reading, I will try to crank this out before your trip!! Eeyore rocks!

The first time I ordered gluten free food at counter service at Disney, I almost cried. I couldn't believe it. They had so many options and most places had fries. Gluten free fries around my town are like hen's teeth.

I'm so glad she had options.

Joining in!! I loved reading your first review. Captain Cook's is one of my favorite CS on property, and those nachos are one of my favorite meals. Excited for more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter