"Didn't you see our first movie? We drive..." An August 2012 TR The new TR is up!!!

Let me first start by saying CHICK-FIL-A is AWESOME!

We live about a block away from one and probably take it for granted! There is no shame in eating it 2 days in a row! :rotfl2:

Your trip looks amazing so far! I am looking up that tour right now. My husband and I are taking a kids-free trip in February and this might be something fun to do!

Can't wait to read along!

YES CHICK FIL A IS AWESOME. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks that. Can I come live with you so I can just go to Chick Fil A all the time, please? ;)
I would totally recommend the tour for you are your husband! It was a lot of fun.
I'm glad you are reading along!​

Oh my gosh! Your tour sounds awesome!! There are so many 'secrets' throughout the parks, it is amazing!! How cool that you had a private tour!! It was just like being a VIP!!

Looking forward to more of your adventures!!

Oh my gosh! Your tour sounds awesome!! There are so many 'secrets' throughout the parks, it is amazing!! How cool that you had a private tour!! It was just like being a VIP!!

Looking forward to more of your adventures!!

I love all of the "secrets." It's one of my favorite things about the parks.
It really was like we were VIPs!
Trust me, you have A TON more to look foreard to in this TR!​

This will be my last update up until possibly the weekend because I have a really busy week. A concert tomorrow night, Disney on Ice on Friday, a birthday party, AND a DISmeet! So I will try to fit in an update or two at the end of the week. And here is the next update right now! Enjoy!

A trip to Heaven

We decided to go to the Main Street Bakery for lunch. Scratch that. We decided to go to Heaven for lunch. That sounds more like it!

304wx.jpg

The line was very short so we got all of our food quickly.

Mum and I both got ham and cheese sandwiches.
305jz.jpg

There was like 20 pieces of ham in that thing! I could hardly get my mouth around it. But it was very good!

For dessert I got a chocolate croissant, which became a recurring theme on this trip. I pretty much got one every day. But they are just SO good. They are heaven I’m telling you.
306cg.jpg

NOMS.

Mum didn’t get dessert at Heaven (don’t ask me why). She said she wanted something but wasn’t sure what. So I told her about the iced coffee float at Auntie Gravity’s so she wanted to get one.
307sc.jpg

She said it was very good but there was too much vanilla ice cream in it.
308i.jpg

I got a strawberry banana smoothie which I liked a lot. It was great for such a hot day!
309vz.jpg

I drank my delicious smoothie while I wrote in my journal.
310k.jpg

Where we sat was right next to Mickey’s Star Traders and all we could hear was Mickey saying “it’s out of this world!*Mickey laugh*” I couldn’t take it anymore. I mean they play it every 2 seconds from the Peoplemover. Hearing him say that once is enough but when you are sitting there for about a half hour, you are about to lose your mind! So I wrote as fast as my little hands could so I wouldn’t have to hear it any longer. Then add screaming children and you’ll be all set!

After losing my mind, we made our way out of the land of tomorrow.

311bx.jpg

The Move it! Shake it! Celebrate it! parade was going on in the Hub so we stopped to watch. I was trying not to have a dance party because of the Hannah Montana music they were playing. I used to have all of the Hannah Montana CDs when I was little. I probably still have them actually.

Here are a few pictures I took of the parade.

312gr.jpg

314vi.jpg

315jj.jpg

317fu.jpg

I love how I mostly got pictures of every character’s side or back or they are are blurry. Whatevs.

After moving, shaking, and celebrating, we walked down Main Street and went into a few stores. While we were in one store, a very monumental moment happened in my life. I BOUGHT MY FIRST DOONEY. I felt like such a big girl buying myself my own little Dooney wristlet.
I am so in love with the pattern I got. I saw it so many places online and I just fell in love with it. I NEEDED TO HAVE IT. I was debating at first but I was like forget it, I have over $400 to spend (yeeeaaahhh…) so I am just getting it because I love it so much!

So this is the one I decided on.

The front.
1558k.jpg

And the back.
1559g.jpg

I JUST LOVE IT SO MUCH.

I mean just look at this stuff!
318pu.jpg

It’s my FAR my favorite pattern.

After I got my Dooney and shipped it back to the Beach Club, I looked around for a bit.

I love this <3
319fi.jpg

We went back out on Main Street and the Dapper Dans were out!
320ce.jpg

321uc.jpg

322ik.jpg

I just love them so much.

We went back into the Disney art store and looked around.
324c.jpg

323wq.jpg

I wish I could buy that whole store.

Then we went to Heaven. No not back to the Main Street Bakery. THE CONFECTIONARY. NOMS NOMS NOMS. I could not work in there because I would become fat. It’s not even funny. The smell + all the yummy sweets = a recipe for disaster. All I would do is eat…oh wait I do that anyways, but it would just be insane!

Just look at all of this!
326fg.jpg

325gg.jpg

328zq.jpg

I could never have this job.
327lo.jpg

After drooling so much to almost flood the confectionary, we went into the Chapeau to buy something else…​

That sandwich was huge, and yummy! Nice update...shopping, and eating, and Main St. Bakery and the Confectionary, and a Dooney.... all at WDW....our favorite things! :lovestruc

That sandwich was huge, and yummy! Nice update...shopping, and eating, and Main St. Bakery and the Confectionary, and a Dooney.... all at WDW....our favorite things! :lovestruc

I loved that sandwich.
I know it was the perfect update. You're welcome.​

Your decription of that tour has us wanted to try that when we go down in 2 years (if it's still offered). My kids will be 12 and 15 then. They would love that. Oh who am I trying to kid, I would love that!!!:lmao: Thanks

Your decription of that tour has us wanted to try that when we go down in 2 years (if it's still offered). My kids will be 12 and 15 then. They would love that. Oh who am I trying to kid, I would love that!!!:lmao: Thanks

I would think it would still be offered. I mean, it was great so why wouldn't it be?!
No problem!​

Just read through August 10th and HAD to comment: We NJ girls LOOOVEEE our Wawa!!!! hahahaha!!! It's the best place ever! When we finally got to Wawa territory on our way home, we were thrilled! :cool1:

Now to read through the rest of your TR and thread. Carry on!

Just read through August 10th and HAD to comment: We NJ girls LOOOVEEE our Wawa!!!! hahahaha!!! It's the best place ever! When we finally got to Wawa territory on our way home, we were thrilled! :cool1:

Now to read through the rest of your TR and thread. Carry on!

Yay you're back! I hope you had a great trip!
Wawa was awesome! We loved it.
There's a lot more to read. Enjoy! :goodvibes

Hello there! Had a few minutes to post an update so here you go! I'm going to Disney on Ice tonight and let's just say I'm a little excited. I WILL be getting a snowcone in a souvenir cup. I know I'm five years old. Whatever.

Mary, Mousekears, and Mickey Mouse

We went into the Chapeau and I got some new mousekears! They said they were going to be ready in about 15 minutes so we waited in the Chapeau. I noticed an old telephone on the wall. I read in a book that there was one on Main Street and to pick it up. So I was trying to pick up the telephone and it wouldn’t come lose. So I told Mum to try and she got it. I took the phone and held it up to my ear. It was a mother and daughter fighting on the other line! I handed the phone to Mum.
329yw.jpg

Be sure to pick it up when you are in there! I love how Disney does things like that.

Through the window I saw Mary Poppins and she had a very short line. So we went outside and got in line. There was only several families in front of us.

I went up to her and she was just precious. She told me I looked very fancy today. Why thank you Mary!
330sd.jpg

She noticed my lanyard and asked me which pin was my favorite. I couldn’t decided so I pointed to my Fastpass one and told her and she wasn’t sure what a Fastpass was, but she had heard about them before. I told her what it is and she said her friend Polly is very fast and if I ever need to, I can borrow him anytime. I pretty much died.
331wjn.jpg

She was just adorable!

We got out of line and I noticed her “handlers” had lanyards and I saw THE PIN. I was dying to get it. I NEEDED it. So I went up to her and asked if she traded and she said yes. THANK GOD THANK GOD.

JUST GOT THE NO DANCING PIN. YESSSS.

Yes, I am now the proud owner of the no dancing pin. I know I’m awesome.
332dy.jpg

So after meeting Mary Poppins and getting the best pin ever, we went to go pick up my mousekears!
333wxe.jpg

334d.jpg

I seriously LOVE them.

I put them in Mum’s bag and we went into the Emporium for a bit.

Then I wanted to go into Casey’s to look for something. And I found it right on the wall!
336pg.jpg

You guys are probably thinking “Sooo???” I know it looks like any ordinary baseball team picture but is actually the Imagineers who did the refurb of Casey’s in 1995. I love this picture because the women in it are wearing mustaches!

We got away from the crowds for a bit by going off into that little street off of Main Street. I just love that little place so much. You rarely find people down there and it is so peaceful.
337i.jpg

We headed back into the madness and headed off to Adventureland!
338n.jpg

Since it was during the day, my cute little orange friend that’s a bird was around! I was so excited to see him and get my Orange bird cup.

EEEEE!!!!
339p.jpg

I went up to the counter and told the CM I wanted one of the souvenir Orange Bird cups. He went off to the citrus swirl machine and came back with one so I took it and I was like “uuuhhhh…” He told me the amount and I told him I ALSO wanted one of the Orange Bird cups. He looked at me like I was nuts. I mean, the cup was right in front of me at the soda fountain. So I pointed to the cup and he was like “OOOOHH!” Oh yeah buddy! So he got one for me and told me to just keep the citrus swirl. Free stuff makes me happy. He asked me what drink I wanted in it and I told him orange juice. Thought it would be very appropriate! I paid and then took my cup and citrus swirl to a table.

Here is my citrus swirl.
341yn.jpg

And here is my Orange Bird cup.
342xb.jpg

Eating a citrus swirl and chillin' with the orange bird.
trpic12.jpg

I took a sip of my orange juice and I was surprised when I took a sip. IT WAS ORANGE SODA FOR CRYIN’ OUT LOUD. That guys was NOT a good CM. He wasn’t earning his ears or anything, but I don’t know what the deal was. At least I got a free citrus swirl though!

And I definitely like dole whips better. I mean the citrus swirl was good, but not dole whip good!

We checked in a few stores for Orange Bird shirts but we couldn’t find any. So Mum asked a CM and he said they all sold out in like the first month. So you don’t restock them…? Mum also asked about the Orange Bird mousekears and he said they didn’t have those either. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? I found out that the DAY AFTER WE LEFT, they got some mousekears in. OF COURSE THEY DID.

W e headed towards Liberty Square and went into the Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe.
344w.jpg

Mum found some really cute old school Minnie ornaments in there but she didn’t get one.

The 3 o’ clock parade was starting in about 20 minutes. We found a spot across from Liberty Tree Tavern on the brick wall. We sat down and my butt was on FIRE. That brick wall was so hot it was crazy.

We waited for about 10 minutes and I took some pictures from where we were.
345bd.jpg

346u.jpg

347om.jpg

We could hear thunder and felt a few raindrops. That didn’t stop us from leaving! If I got struck by lightning I wouldn’t care since I was in Disney. Well I might have cared a little bit…

Anyways, the parade started in a few minutes.
348or.jpg

MICKEY MINNIE AJHIOALKABIOYQPIBJKDBOWGPQPNCBLSHWGPWOMZ.
349s.jpg

350uq.jpg

Figaro! <3
352cx.jpg

353c.jpg

355kv.jpg

LOVE THIS PICTURE.
356it.jpg

357k.jpg

After the parade was done, we headed out of Liberty Square.​

Oooh my DD3.5 wants "the bird cup! Now." and she was so excited to see your parade photos! Thanks again for another great post!!:goodvibes

Oooh my DD3.5 wants "the bird cup! Now." and she was so excited to see your parade photos! Thanks again for another great post!!:goodvibes

Oh my goodness! That is too cute!
I am so happy to hear she liked the parade photos! She'll be happy when I post a few real life updates in a couple of minutes :goodvibes
No problem! Glad you enjoyed :thumbsup2

Disney on Ice! Part 1

So Mum and I went to Disney on Ice in Providence on Friday night.

We left around 4 and parked near the Dunkin’ Donuts Center (where Disney on Ice was) in the North Garage. Once we got to the garage, the guy who gave us our parking ticket asked if we were going to Disney on Ice. Um no dude we aren’t… Once Mum told him yes, he looked in the car to see where the little kids were. Teenagers like this stuff too you know!!!

We found a spot and then went over to Providence Place (the mall) to get some dinner. We went to Johnny Rockets (no food pictures!) and then walked back over to the Dunkin’ Donuts Center.

They were already selling programs and stuff outside for like $15. I know that sounds crazy to you but it came with a fake rose. So it was totally worth it...

Once we got inside, we looked at the overly expensive merchandise booth and they had NO Brave stuff. I was heartbroken. I was hoping they would have something but no. They only had a tshirt that would NOT fit me at all. So that really stunk.

We headed in and checked our tickets and Mum used the bathroom.

I posted on twitter:
All these little girls dressed up as princesses are melting my heart. #disneyonice

And TONS of them were dressed up as Merida and I was like ”BAJKABILHAPHQB YOU ARE ADORABLE.” And some were even wearing the wig!

After Mum got out of the bathroom, we went to go find our seats. We had second row for only $20 per ticket! On Ticketmaster, the seats RIGHT IN FRONT OF US were $40 per ticket. Craziness I tell you!

I tried to take a lovely people of Mum and I. I thought it looked awful but Mum said to keep it because her hair looks good in it. Dear God…
084w.jpg

I left a big secret out in this TR about us. WE ARE AVATAR PEOPLE. As you can see, our skin is blue from the picture above. We just put a ton of makeup on at Disney so we won’t look like freaks. I bet you guys weren’t expecting that at all!

I hope none of you actually believed that…

MOVING ON!

A big Mickey head was on the curtain!
083pu.jpg

Then a voice came from the Heavens said that “in 3 minutes” the show would start. BOO TO THE YA!

Then Mickey and Minnie came out and I screamed. Yeah, that’s me for ya. I was more excited than the kids around us!

MINNIE!
087gwt.jpg

MICKEY!
173ea.jpg

And then Donald and Goofy came out and I went nuts some more.
172mze.jpg

090ej.jpg

095nf.jpg

104mvl.jpg

Then out of nowhere, Pinocchio came out. I was like “WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS????” He did a little song and then his nose grew and he was outta there. I don’t even know. Then Drizella and Anastasia came out. I didn’t even know what was going on. It was just strange.

Then Mickey and friends came out followed my Sebastian. It was time for the Little Mermaid!

106nr.jpg

(Ariel’s sisters also came out)

107gn.jpg

I don’t even know why Mickey and Minnie kept coming out…
108pk.jpg

Then Prince Eric came out and he was not attractive. He looked like an old man.
110ev.jpg

Then miss Ariel came out and did some singing.
111duje.jpg

From far away Flounder looked cute and then once I saw him closer, he looked a little creepy.
112ox.jpg

113tm.jpg

Then all these strange looking sea creatures came out and did an extravagant dance to Under the Sea with Sebastian.

115lpvn.jpg

It did look kinda cool though!
116izv.jpg

Then the evil Ursula came out and I was very scared. Since I’m actually like five years old, I hid in Mum’s arm.
119gl.jpg

121cb.jpg

Then she took Ariel’s voice away and then Ariel went up into the air and was turned into and acrobat for about five minutes.
123xm.jpg

Then Ariel and Prince (ugly) Eric were together and ended their segment with a kiss. How sweet!
130uj.jpg

Then Mickey and pals came back out and then it was time for Tangled!
133to.jpg

Continued in next post​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter