"Didn't you see our first movie? We drive..." An August 2012 TR The new TR is up!!!

Now you see why Grammy loved the Beach Club so much! And she didn't even stay in the Villas!

Really awesome trip report so far!!! :thumbsup2: Love all of your pictures!

I feel your pain about llloooonnnnnnggggg drives, as we drive from Central TX. When we go to WDW in 2 weeks we are going in my daughters' Fiat 500 for the first time.:rolleyes1 It will be interesting to see if we get there without killing eachother first! ;)

Love the Villa pictures! We are staying at AKV for 1 week, in a savannah view room, then transferring off property for a week at the Marriott Harbour Lake. My grandsons are very excited about the pirate pool there!!

Looking forward to more adventures!!

Now you see why Grammy loved the Beach Club so much! And she didn't even stay in the Villas!

Did she ever even stay there?

Really awesome trip report so far!!! :thumbsup2: Love all of your pictures!

I feel your pain about llloooonnnnnnggggg drives, as we drive from Central TX. When we go to WDW in 2 weeks we are going in my daughters' Fiat 500 for the first time.:rolleyes1 It will be interesting to see if we get there without killing eachother first! ;)

Love the Villa pictures! We are staying at AKV for 1 week, in a savannah view room, then transferring off property for a week at the Marriott Harbour Lake. My grandsons are very excited about the pirate pool there!!

Looking forward to more adventures!!

WELCOME!
Thank you so much. I appreciate it!
How long is the drive from Texas? I bet very long!
I really like AKV. We stayed there on our last trip and we didn't have a savannah view room but we loved looking at the animals from the lobby.
Trust me, there is A LOT more to come!​

The case of the missing Oreo Bon Bons

So we checked in early for our ADR and we got in in about 5 minutes. Where were we going exactly?

150um.jpg

Cape May Café of course! Mum and I were both very excited to try it here. I heard so many great things about it. I couldn’t wait to try the Oreo Bon Bons because I heard people RAVE about them. I knew they were going to be delicious. I mean, it’s Oreo for crying out loud!

Some Dude walked us in. Yes, his name was Some Dude. Actually I don’t remember his name. Let’s just call him Ralph. Ralph sounds like a good name.

So the desserts are right in front of the door when you walk in. Ralph was showing us all of the desserts when my jaw dropped. No, not because the desserts looked so good…

WHERE ARE THE OREO BON BONS?!?!?!

THEY WERE MISSING…just like the stepsisters…(foreshadowing!). I couldn’t believe it. I was looking forward to them SO much and they weren’t even there. Mum and I were mad and we were like “Well this ruins everything!” I know there was a big seafood buffet right behind us but I WANTED THOSE OREO BON BONS!!!

Pui, or waitress, soon came to our table and told us a little about the buffet and then told us we could go up when we were ready. I was ready! I needed food in my tummy!

Here are a few buffet pictures:

152r.jpg

I call this picture “Food with a big hand.” Truly a masterpiece.
153rt.jpg

154tv.jpg

156sv.jpg

We went back to our table and started to chow down…BUT WAIT! We need food pictures!

This was Mum’s first plate. It looks like some brown stuff, cauliflower, fried shrimp, rice, green beans, and crab legs.
157bz.jpg

She also got corn bread, ceaser salad, and a tomato mozzarella salad.
160aj.jpg

This was my first plate. It looks like rice, potatoes, I think seafood pasta, and crab legs.
159ua.jpg

I also got fully loaded potato salad and ceaser salad.
158ex.jpg

The crab legs were a pain in the neck! Pui showed us how to crack them and that didn’t go over real well… And plus they hardly have any meat in them!

In between eating, I colored on the table. I don’t understand why they have to throw the tablecloths out afterwards because I bet a lot of people must draw some lovely pictures. I bet they saved mine though because I truly have a talent as you can see.
161smd.jpg

Disney should really hire me as an animator…

We went back up and I got bread and the amazing potato salad. I could’ve just eaten that stuff all night.
164qc.jpg

Mum got corn, meat from the carving station, bread and butter, pasta, potatoes, and broccoli.
165eg.jpg

Then we sadly made our way up to the desserts.
166o.jpg

It was so horrible I tell you.

We went back to the table and the dessert was just ok. It wasn’t the same without those Oreo Bon Bons. I wanted to try them SOOO bad.

My desserts: Strawberry shortcake, a brownie, and Boston crème pie.
167ll.jpg

Mum got strawberry shortcake, Boston crème pie, I think key lime pie, and some sort of cookie thing it looks like.
169xe.jpg

The desserts were ok. They weren’t amazing or anything.

We asked Pui about the Oreo Bon Bons and she said a few months ago, they took them off of the menu. It probably wasn’t “a few months ago.” It was probably the day before we ate there!
She said they tried to change the menu up a little so they took the Oreo Bon Bons off, EVEN THOUGH THEY WERE THE MOST POPULAR DESSERT. That makes no sense if you ask me. If so many people rave about them, then why the crap would you take them off the menu?!?!? Ridiculousness I tell you!
BUT, she said they will be selling them at the Marketplace, EVANTUALLY. Yeah, probably like 10 years from now.
She apologized, but it wasn’t her fault.

THEY TOOK THE OREO BON BONS OFF OF THE MENU. I'm asking for my money back.

So we paid and then headed out to our first park of the trip!

Cape May Café
Food: It was ok. There was a lot of variety, but some wasn’t that great and we didn’t think it was worth the money. And plus they didn’t have the Oreo Bon Bons! 2.5/5
Atmosphere: It was kind of loud, but we loved the beach theme and you could hear seagulls sometimes, which we thought was a nice touch. 4/5
Service: Pui was our waitress and she was just alright. Nothing memorable or anything. 3/5

We walked to the bus stop…

170qy.jpg

DISNEY RUGS <3
171lta.jpg

172m.jpg

We got to the bus stop and waited a little while for a bus. Tons of people were going with us to…​

I would have cried about the Oreo Bon-bons, I truly would have just had a little toddler like meltdown. But I get really wierd over food...:rotfl2:

I just have to tell you again, you are sooo good at this trip report stuff, excellent job, can't wait for the next update!:yay:

I would have cried about the Oreo Bon-bons, I truly would have just had a little toddler like meltdown. But I get really wierd over food...:rotfl2:

I just have to tell you again, you are sooo good at this trip report stuff, excellent job, can't wait for the next update!:yay:

I totally had a toddler meltdown! I was so looking forward to them.
Oh my goodness, thank you SO much! Glad to have you here for my first TR :goodvibes

I die on Main Street USA.

Where were we off to this lovely Sunday night? The most magical of kingdoms of course!

We got on the bus and headed to my house. You know, the Magic Kingdom. Except, the stupid bus driver didn’t put the amazing man we all love so much on till the last possible second. I almost yelled at him “I WANT THE DISNEY BUS GUY!!” I thought that would have been very rude of me.

We got off the bus and I saw a ton of pin boards so I ran to see them.

THE MONORAIL!!
173hk.jpg

EEEEEEE!!!!
174kb.jpg

Grand Floridian VILLA construction!
175xq.jpg

I love that big light post in the way...

I love seeing signs like these.
176eia.jpg

I got over there and I traded for a Fastpass pin and then we were on our way.

We got to bag check and the guy who was checking our bags was ridiculous. He had to look at every single little thing and inspect it. It’s not like I had a gun, Universal merchandise, or a knife in my bag. So finally after this guy inspected my bag VERY thoroughly, we FINALLY got to my house and then I went picture crazy.

<3 <3 <3
177sh.jpg

178up.jpg

179xc.jpg

180zu.jpg

181ms.jpg

I WAS SOOOOOO EXCITED.
182yk.jpg

Someone just bring me back to that moment. Please? With sprinkles on top?

THE ORANGE BIRD AGHKGAKUGKH.
183ud.jpg

Then I basically died.
184rg.jpg

185po.jpg

186hr.jpg

187px.jpg

Basically sobbing right now.
trpic8.jpg

After I died on Main Street USA, we went into a few stores.

189d.jpg

I'll have this one…
190ci.jpg

That one…
191kb.jpg

And the whole rest of the store please!
But really, aren’t those blown glass bowls so pretty? I love them!

We made our way out. NO, not out of the park! There were Extra Magic Hours this night!

192h.jpg

188ey.jpg

We made our way down Main Street and saw DUCKS! Mum said it was Donald and Daisy.
193gb.jpg

I love this picture with Mickey and Minnie at the bottom <3
194bn.jpg

197d.jpg

We made our way to our first ride of the night. What would it be?​

I really couldn't believe there were no Oreo bon bons. So, you take your most popular dessert, and delete it from the menu? Hmmm....that doesn't seem quite right somehow. Good thing we had the Magic Kingdom right after to make up for it, huh? :thumbsup2

Btw, can't wait to see the Grand Floridian villas when they're done....I wonder if we'll ever get to stay there? And how many points it will be?!?! :scared1:

I've never seen those glass items before,i'd be afraid to bring my little Hurricane Hailey anywhere near them lol,but I so want one of those vases!!!

I really couldn't believe there were no Oreo bon bons. So, you take your most popular dessert, and delete it from the menu? Hmmm....that doesn't seem quite right somehow. Good thing we had the Magic Kingdom right after to make up for it, huh? :thumbsup2

Btw, can't wait to see the Grand Floridian villas when they're done....I wonder if we'll ever get to stay there? And how many points it will be?!?! :scared1:

MK did make up for the Oreo Bon Bons!
We probably will never get to stay there because they will be A TON of points!

I've never seen those glass items before,i'd be afraid to bring my little Hurricane Hailey anywhere near them lol,but I so want one of those vases!!!

The blown glass items are in Crystal Arts I'm pretty sure. Yeah, I wouldn't take any little kids near them!​

I get stuck in jail with Zurg​

We headed towards Tomorrowland and we walked right on to the…

198g.jpg

…Peoplemover of course!

199a.jpg

Our feetsssssss. Yes, feetsssssss.
200g.jpg

I could ride on the Peoplemover all day long. It’s just so peaceful and you get to have like a little tour of Tomorrowland and hear Mickey say “It’s out of this world! *Mickey laugh*” when you go over Mickey’s Star Traders. And I do not recommend sitting under Mickey’s Star Traders listening to Mickey say that about five million times. It’s not like I’ve done that or anything…

201vm.jpg

202it.jpg

203gr.jpg

One of my favorite pictures I took the whole trip <3
204cf.jpg

Beautiful.

We then exited the Peoplemover . I said hi to my friends…
205kf.jpg

And then we went into Mickey’s Star Traders because Mum saw a hat she liked from the Peoplemover.
207bf.jpg

She looked at the hats and decided she really didn’t like them so them we went over to Buzz. They still had Fastpasses so we got some for 8:55-9:55.
206ug.jpg

Not bad if you ask me!

Since we still had time to kill before we could use our FPs, we went over to the Laugh Floor!
208gd.jpg

Waiting for the Laugh Floor!
trpic9.jpg

I just love Roz.
209mi.jpg

We waited all of 10 minutes to get into the next show.

Can I just tell you guys how much I love Mike’s nephew?!?!? HE IS THE CUTEST THING I’VE EVER SEEN. I don’t remember his name but all I know is that he’s cute and he’s orange. And he’s the one who reads off the jokes people sent in.
Someone sent in a joke from Boston and we screamed so loud. We probably sounded ridiculous, but who cares. These senior citizens turned around a few rows in front of us and gave us a look. Really people?! We are here to have fun!

Once we got out of the Laugh Floor, we headed over to Buzz so I could kick some behind. Actually I’m really bad at it.

We didn’t even wait in line. It was a walk on!
There was this kid (who didn’t speak English of course) that was in the stand by line and decided to hope over into the Fastpass line. The CM asked him where his FP was and he was like “…what???” Really kid!

We got on and we were ready to defeat the evil ZURG!

Oooooohhhh!
210zo.jpg

211eiq.jpg

212av.jpg

Surprisingly, I WON!
213i.jpg

That was a first.

Our ride photo.
214zg.jpg

Mum looks really scared and I look like a pig.

Then I got stuck in jail!
215cw.jpg

OH NOOOO!

Actually, I did get stuck. I was trying to get my way through the bars and I couldn’t get out. I started freaking out. I thought I would be stuck with Zurg FOREVER! I pushed my way through and I finally got out. Thank God or else the fire department would have had to come. That would be a lovely 911 call. “Hi, my daughter is stuck in jail with Zurg.” Yeah…

So after I got free, we went over to Storybook Circus. I was so excited!​

Love the picture of the sunset behind the castle!

Lucky for you, you squeezed out of the jail. You must have eaten too much at dinner! :lmao:

melmar136 said:
Love the picture of the sunset behind the castle!

Lucky for you, you squeezed out of the jail. You must have eaten too much at dinner! :lmao:

Yeah me too!
I didn't even eat a lot at dinner!! Imagine if I was Mama and couldn't get out :rotfl:

Storybook Circus, HERE I COME!

I was so excited. I saw so many pictures of it on the DIS and Instagram, and I couldn’t wait any longer.

217pc.jpg

We got over to Storybook Circus and I was blown away. Dumbo is beautiful. I just couldn’t get over it. I knew it would be amazing from all the pictures but I didn’t realize I would be blown away. You guys, you HAVE to go to Storybook Circus at night. I bet it’s just as amazing during the day, but at night…wow. Then I took five million pictures of Dumbo because I just couldn’t believe how well the Imagineers designed it. So basically this whole update will mostly be pictures from Storybook Circus. You’re welcome. No I don’t care if you are bored after looking at like 5 zillion pictures of Dumbo. It’s MY trip report so I can post 5 zillion pictures of Dumbo if I want. I know it’s just Dumbo, but it’s a classic and it’s amazing. So THERE!

Moving on to the pictures…

218te.jpg

A blurry picture of the sign…

We had a hard time finding the entrance to Dumbo. We must have been tired because the entrance is like right next to the sign. And there is a CM in one of those awesome circus outfits that I LOVE SOSOSOSOSO much standing right by the entrance. We must have been out of it. So we wondered for a while and we finally found where you enter after like a decade.

I don’t know which Dumbo we went on (since there are two, duh) but they are both exactly the same so it doesn’t really matter all that much.

Then I went picture crazy.

219nxe.jpg

220qy.jpg

222vb.jpg

223ar.jpg

224bhv.jpg

225k.jpg

226ua.jpg

SEE WHAT I AM TELLING YOU PEOPLE??????

Seriously, my pictures do not do it justice.

Then we had to get on. I NEEDED to ride this masterpiece. So Mum and I squished into a Dumbo. We could barely fit together. I can’t imagine if Mama sat in a Dumbo. And if you are wondering who Mama is, she is the mother on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. It’s not like we watch that show or anything… And I am NOT making fun of pooh sized people. I’m not rude like that. I only make fun of the Honey Boo Boo family because they are freaks, all they eat is junk food, and they are rednecks. But I bet rednecks are very nice people, even though they do weird things like belly flop in mud. And get their toes run over by forklifts. I watch weird shows, OK?! I’m a weird person. So I guess that makes Mum a weird person too since she also watches Here Comes Honey Boo Boo. Actually, I don’t think we are the weird ones since we don’t get teacup piggies and name them Glizty or do pageants…

Where was I…?

*rereads what I have already written*

That’s right! DUMBO! “You know, the flying elephant?” And now that I think of it, I never patted our Dumbo on the head and said “Lookin’ good buddy!” Oh, Stacey…

Why, hello there Dumbo!
227dwx.jpg

The wind was in my hair, I could see Cinderella’s Castle, and I was being squished by mum. What more could I have asked for?

228ic.jpg

229gz.jpg

230k.jpg

After our lovely ride on Dumbo, we exited and then we went to the Barnstormer! Wait, not before a picture with the flying elephant!

231ty.jpg

We walked towards the Barnstormer and I looked down.
PEANUTS!!
232mx.jpg

Disney details <3

We hopped in line for the Barnstormer and it said it was a 10 minute wait.
221pj.jpg

233xl.jpg

We walked right on and didn’t even have to wait. Mum and I squished into a seat again and got whipped around SO bad! Thank GOD it was over in two seconds, but it wasn’t even worth it. If you see a wait that is longer than 10 minutes, don’t even bother with going on.

We exited Storybook Circus and we looked at the clock. A nighttime spectacular was starting very soon!​

OMG! Did you have a lot of caffeine when you got home from school, before you wrote this?

I have to say, LOVE the new Dumbo...although, .I think you may have scared some readers away with the babbling about Honey Boo Boo! :rolleyes1

melmar136 said:
OMG! Did you have a lot of caffeine when you got home from school, before you wrote this?

I have to say, LOVE the new Dumbo...although, .I think you may have scared some readers away with the babbling about Honey Boo Boo! :rolleyes1

I did not have ANY caffeine at school!
I don't think I have scared any readers away. This whole TR is just me babbling so people should be used to it!​

I ABSOLUTELY love your pictures of Dumbo. Dumbo is one of my 3 favorite disney characters and I love what they have done with Dumbo, it's fabulous!!!!!

I ABSOLUTELY love your pictures of Dumbo. Dumbo is one of my 3 favorite disney characters and I love what they have done with Dumbo, it's fabulous!!!!!

Thank you! I took a lot and there are more coming later :laughing:
It really is fabulous!​

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter