Did you see the temporary closures starting Jan 10, 2016?

Then under that there is another response saying we don't have the information on this and see the Disney Parks Blog for more information. LOL!
It might have been that the next person asked a different question that they don't have an answer for (like when will it re-open, which seems to be a pretty common/popular comment at this point).

Was debating whether we should got to DHS this March or not to finally see F!. That solves my problem!

I wonder if, since they're shutting down F! and Riverboats, if this means Splash Mountain will stay up through January this year? I think this year (Jan 2015), they did a pretty intensive refurbishment.

We're going in May :( ...the only upside is that we didn't plan our Cali trip specifically for DL, we are going to San Diego to see family and decided to do DL for a couple days. But I'm really bummed about F! and the railroad since my son loves trains.... I can't believe they would start construction on Star Wars Land DURING the 60th Diamond Celebration!

We're going in May :( ...the only upside is that we didn't plan our Cali trip specifically for DL, we are going to San Diego to see family and decided to do DL for a couple days. But I'm really bummed about F! and the railroad since my son loves trains.... I can't believe they would start construction on Star Wars Land DURING the 60th Diamond Celebration!
Of course they are going to start ASAP. They are waiting until after the busy Holiday time. I am sure this is not something that they are saying. Oh well, we are just going to close all these things, who cares how the guests feel.

While I will miss Fantasmic during my trip in May. I will not miss the train or river boats.

We were/are planning the first trip for our children Oct.2016. Doing some rethinking. Can't squeeze in a trip before the end of the year. Just burned all my vacation time for this year. Got to figure out what to do. These closures are making it tough to decide. My kids won't miss it as they have never been, but will it change the magic for me?

I get that everyone is really sad about the closures, but just think - in 2017 things will be open and awesome! I remember visiting Cal Adventure when they were putting in WoC AND Cars Land. It was a maze of fences and walls, but we still had fun. And look at that park now!! :)

We were there when ROA was drained...it was somewhere between 2009-2011. I'll see if I can find a picture. It was a bummer, especially since then there were less nighttime options! (No WOC yet, as I recall) With Paint the Night, the fireworks and WOC, at least there's still a lot of good nighttime entertainment!
We were ther in Oct 2008 and missed F then my DH first visit, now we were taking our kids for the first time and it will be closed again. Ggggrrrrr

SO much is going to be closed. Seems like more than usual. 2016 is definitely not the year to go if it's a once in a lifetime or once a year vacation.
I remember when DCA was building CarsLand--holy churros was that a mess. All the detours and walking around construction walls. Not good.

We are AP holders so I know we'll be there a few times because we have family in the area. We'll focus on DCA and just pop into Disneyland for a bit.

We were/are planning the first trip for our children Oct.2016. Doing some rethinking. Can't squeeze in a trip before the end of the year. Just burned all my vacation time for this year. Got to figure out what to do. These closures are making it tough to decide. My kids won't miss it as they have never been, but will it change the magic for me?

Honestly, I think yes and if possible I'd hold off until the river is back up. If this is a big trip for your family and you will be able to bring your kids at a later date, then that's what I would do. The river and all its attractions plus the train being down, that's a magic reducer no way around it.

I think it really matters more about what your kids are interested in. My couldn't care less about the Railroad or even F!. Are your kids at that Disney sweet spot age-wise? If so I would go now versus waiting a couple of years.

I think it really matters more about what your kids are interested in. My couldn't care less about the Railroad or even F!. Are your kids at that Disney sweet spot age-wise? If so I would go now versus waiting a couple of years.
Kids will be 9 and 6.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter