Did you see the temporary closures starting Jan 10, 2016?

They are due to go down Jan 10th, and the rumor is currently they will possibly be down a year.

They will be down for a year? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Lucky I seen it earlier this year, which oddly had world of color closed.

I follow a cast member (on Twitter) who works in the area and they were told F! (specifically) would be dark until Summer 2017. Their job was affected, and I'm not sure why anybody would lie about it.

So glad we went last year - I would be devastated if I had a planned trip for next year and Fantasmic was dark. For me sharing Fantasmic with my children was a standout memory (I even was teary while watching it). There is going to be a lot of disappointed visitors - especially those who come from overseas who may not get a chance to come back.

I am so bummed about this as I am planning my 1st ever DL trip in September 2016. I was looking forward to seeing the difference in the DL F! compared to the one at DHS. Oh well, I guess it will give me a reason to come back...see the new Star Wars Land and see F!

Has this information been confirmed or is it just speculation? It does not give a time line for the closures on the blog?

I'm bummed too, we are planning on purchasing APs this year and was planning an adult only trip for next year and I wanted to do the Fantasmic! package without the kids.

:confused3 The railroad will be closed? Through Summer 2017?

I hope not but sounds like it is possible. We are going sometime next year (sept-dec) and really want the railroad to be working. F! is sad but we go to WDW enough and I have seen the DL version.

Did you see the temporary closures that are going to occur starting January 10th, 2016 to prepare for the Star Wars Land expansion?

• The Disneyland Railroad. and all four stations
  • The "Fantasmic!" nighttime spectacular
  • All Rivers of America watercraft:
    • Mark Twain Riverboat
    • Sailing Ship Columbia
    • Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes
  • Pirate’s Lair on Tom Sawyer Island
The closures are expected to last more than a year.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/11175/St...land_Railroad_Fantasmic_and_Rivers_of_America

And, I wouldn't have booked a trip for May! I am not a fan of Star Wars whatsoever so to me this is all a big disappointment. We may cancel our trip and return in a few years. Disneyland has become a totally different place and with the amount of money it costs.... I'll probably be vacationing elsewhere for a while.

I'm bummed too, we are planning on purchasing APs this year and was planning an adult only trip for next year and I wanted to do the Fantasmic! package without the kids.

Same here except we purchased AP's two days ago. Now I'm wondering if we can exchange them for 5 day passes and get some money back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter