Did you dress up for Pirate Night?

DSC00952.jpg

We weren't sure what to expect on our first cruise (Alaska) so we just wore pirate Mickey shirts that I made from a design I found here on the Dis. Plus my children had hooks for their hands. We fit in pretty well as far as attire because a lot of people don't dress up on the Alaska cruises (a few go all out but many don't do anything)...but next time around we're going to do more! It was fun!

The family with Captain Hook and Mr. Smee
IMG_6761edit_zps422d0365.jpg

The children acting piratey!
IMG_6769edit_zps64e2183b.jpg

ChipandDale.jpg

DH and myself. I made the costumes

scan0010sm.jpg

Some really good friends of ours. The Jack peeking over from the back,is the DCL cast member,the one in front is a friend of ours.

I have a costume, will wear it again in July. Granddaughter has a costume, grandson just wants a pirate t-shirt and a hat. DH has pirate mickey ears bandana and wears a pirate t-shirt. We didn't dress up on the Alaska cruise last June though. Will dress up in July for Pirate night though.
:yay:

We all wore black t-shirts with an iron on transfer I found on the Disigns thread (Mickey Pirate for DH, Minnie for the rest of us). I also bought little kits that contained an eye patch and a big hoop (clip on) earring for our girls ... they were around $4 in the gift shop onboard. We all wore the DCL bandanas. It was fun ... the kids felt like they were dressed up for pirates night and DH (who would NEVER dress up in full pirate gear ...) didn't feel like he was "too dressed up". Plus it was inexpensive and easy to pack.

2272_619772987883_1648_n_zps01e42e5c.jpg

My family and our awesome servers on our 2008 cruise. (Didn't have one from last year's cruise on this laptop)

Our next cruise will be Alaska, so I don't think we'll have room in our suitcases for the costumes, otherwise we'd be dressing up again!

We did, mostly because our kids were into ALL of us doing it. We didn't do full-on Halloween type costumes though. DH cut off a pair of cheap sweatpants, wore a hideous medallion-pattern shirt from Goodwill and a leather vest (also Goodwill) and flip flops. (He did end up going to the gift shop on the Magic for some accessories, though, b/c without it he just looked like he'd fallen into a really unfortunate bag of laundry). I wanted to turn "real" clothes (that I could wear in real life) into something pirate-y looking. I wore red denim capris; a top with flowy sleeves from the Banana Republic Outlet; a denim vest (Goodwill); a yellow scarf I already had, tied as a waist sash; giant gold hoop earrings (the biggest and cheapest I could find at Target); and a big brass key ($2 at Michaels) on a long necklace chain, and black flats.

When we went to dinner (first seating) we didn't really see any other adults dressed up... but by the time we left dinner, we saw a bunch of people more dressed up than we were!!

DSC_0389.jpg

Love your outfit! I also try to find clothes I can wear in real life and make them pirate like. Your combination is very cute and I just might have to copy it a bit! :cheer2:

We did on our three day Dream but felt kind of silly since almost no other adults did. I am trying to decide if we should on our four day or should not bother until we do a seven day.

mom4fun said:
We did on our three day Dream but felt kind of silly since almost no other adults did. I am trying to decide if we should on our four day or should not bother until we do a seven day.

I'm planning on dressing up for my 3 day and this post worries me

DWD-120921-SunsetMickey8x10-5986772_GPR_zps9d6820b9.jpg
[/IMG]

I started off just wearing a pirate themed tshirt and after two or three cruises I decided to order a custom pirate costume.

jmarsh said:
I'm planning on dressing up for my 3 day and this post worries me

We dress up. It's fun to show our kids that we can be can be kids too. It's fun to take place in the party. I would feel out of place not dressing up.

Do what works for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter