Did you dress up for Pirate Night?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by southlake, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Stinkerbe11

Stinkerbe11 DIS Veteran

We went all out on the first cruise but chose Palo and pirate pajamas for the kids on the second.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. MND

MND DIS Veteran

I'm thinking of dressing up like a Somali pirate. Do you think that would be ok?

I would wear cut off jeans, a plaid long sleeve shirt, flip flops, a ski mask, or a bandana wrapped around my face.

What do you think?

Mike pirate:

4. davocabo

davocabo Earning My Ears

This dad is 46, I can't wait to do it!!! Then again I dress up to go to Jimmy Buffett concerts too!:cool1:

5. LemonPie

LemonPie Mouseketeer

On our 1st cruise we went all out, even DH who is very reserved. We had a ball. Lots of kids would ask there parents if we were pirates as we passed in the halls, we would turn and give them an Arrr. Very cute pictures with Captain Jack too. We did up good for a girls cruise last spring too. This fall we are doing the Alaskan cruise. I have bought pirate shirts from
    6dollarshirts.com that will be fine I think. I just can't see us doing nothing. :)

6. nkochrn

nkochrn Mouseketeer

I don't plan on dressing up, but I do have pirate costumes for the kiddos. I believe I've seen comments that the dress code on pirate night is more lax on pirate night? I'm just wondering if wearing my denim capris to dinner that night is acceptable, not trying to start another dress code debate ;)

7. gatorfreud

gatorfreud DIS Veteran

Of course! We totally dressed up! Except my youngest - he is kind of a party pooper! We were pirates the previous Halloween! I sewed a skirt and vest for me, and a vest for DH, plus some store bought stuff! We have only been on 1 cruise, but our pirate gear will be making it's fourth trip through family and friends this may! :)

[​IMG]

8. Patrickprincess

Patrickprincess HAVE A MAGICAL DAY

I did dress up for pirate night and i had a blast. I wore a pleasnt blouse flora skirt a bright red lace up vest and red boots. I wore the skirt for about an hour and then i changed into caprie pants. I also did the pirate leauge. I was on the Fantasy i still have the nail polish and lip gloss and the sash and of course the sword. I had the empress package for $35.00. I also got a hat that was seen in the last priate movie

9. AZMermaid

AZMermaid DIS Veteran

We are planning on just all wearing black shirts, jeans, and a red sash that I will make. I am considering an iron on patch, but probably will just stick with the black. I went to Goodwill and didn't see a thing that could be incorporated easily, so just went with that idea. We may accessorize a bit, my sister has a pirate hat, my husband has a fake parrot, maybe get some eye patches etc- my husband wasn't overjoyed at the matchy matchy thing, but agreed since it was simple.

But, I LOVE seeing the people who are going all out! Maybe next time- our Alaska clothes are bulky enough that I am not sure I can fit it in.

10. DVCNuts

DVCNuts Platinum At Last!

Yes. A jacket and tie at Remy. ;)

11. mommadeb

mommadeb Mouseketeer

I'm excited to see that at least some adults have gone costumed. I'd hate to be the only one! :eek: Is it wrong that I'm planning to dedicate an entire suitcase to our pirate attire?

12. CT Mom of 3

CT Mom of 3 Mouseketeer

I don't and neither do my kids!

13. su_A_ve

su_A_ve DIS Veteran

I dress up. My DW does a little, and the kids just wear a pirate t-shirt and a bandana.

14. AquaDame

AquaDame Are we there yet?

Nnnnnnnnnope. Luggage is full enough as is. ;)

15. MariaJ

MariaJ Earning My Ears

Yes, we're dressing up...for Remy's! :rotfl2:

Kids will dress up and go--they're older.

Have fun whatever make you happy!

16. Michael701x1

Michael701x1 Earning My Ears

It's fun for everyone to participate and enjoy the Disney experience :) I dressed up both times with my daughter.

17. linetbo

linetbo Mouseketeer

My 13 DD will, she got her costume already!!!

18. bitlerzx4

bitlerzx4 DIS Veteran

We did. but not as normal pirates. We dressed up in ECU pirate gear (as we live in NC)

19. EeyoreIsMyName

EeyoreIsMyName DIS Veteran

None of us did.

20. Cj1977

Cj1977 Earning My Ears

My whole family dressed up and had a blast. It's one of the few times u can be a kid and no one cares

21. jm106

jm106 DIS Veteran

:thumbsup2 Fins up fellow parrot head
    We are going to do more Tshirt for DH and Ill work bandana into my skirt and top. I am dressing the kids and Ill do their make up. I dont want to go all out but I know the kids will appreciate us contributing