Did you all hear? Another non Off Kilter bites the dust!

Madonna3

DIS Veteran
Dun Dun Dun
Another One Bites the Dust
And Another one gone and another one gone
Another one bites the dust...

http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2016/08/25/mill-stage-epcot-set-change-entertainment/

http://www.orlandothemeparkupdates.com/2016/les-parfaits-inconnus-ending-at-epcots-canada-pavilion/

Now, I can't even accurately comment about how terrible I thought "les parfaits inconnus" was. First of all, my husband is from Quebec and had NO idea who they were, so not so good for them to not even be popular back at home and he has only been full time in the US for 3 years. He's never even heard of them.

Second, had anyone even seen this act? What was the deal with bags over their heads? It was awful. I remember one time as we were walking (running) past the Canadian pavilion one of the guys was attempting to engage the audience to stay and watch the show by practically jumping out at them (us included) and absolutely no one would stay. While he was attempting to attract more audience, those who had sat down for part of the show, used this opportunity to search out other entertainment (escape) and left.

When my husband found out they were from Quebec, he was a bit embarrassed as he feels there are so many other ways to showcase entertainment unique to Canada and Disney is not doing this area any justice. He even agrees, Bring Back Off Kilter!

If I remember correct disney actually said they were changing to having visiting performers inside the parks to be shorter and changing more frequently.

If I remember correct disney actually said they were changing to having visiting performers inside the parks to be shorter and changing more frequently.

And that is what's they'll continue to say until they and the public find something they like

Exactly. I do not believe it was Off Kilter's choice to leave. I believe Disney did not renew their contract.

From what I understand they choose not to renew their contract because they wanted to bring a fresh act here every few months. I have not even gone to see a show since they got rid of Off Kilter. Now if they brought a lumberjack show to Canada, I would go to see that all the time.

Regardless. That is just Disney speak for "we'll keep it around as long as it gets good reviews"

Point is, no act they have brought in after Off Kilter has enjoyed any form of relative success.
Um the act that is starting next is a returning act. World Showcase acts are no longer long term. They like to keep changing up the entertainment. So Les Parfaits or whatever might very well be back in a few months.

From what I understand they choose not to renew their contract because they wanted to bring a fresh act here every few months. I have not even gone to see a show since they got rid of Off Kilter. Now if they brought a lumberjack show to Canada, I would go to see that all the time.

I think this plan of the rotating entertainment is not working out in anyone's favor. 1. People never know who they're going to see as there's no published set schedule 2. There's no opportunity for a fan base to build 3. It doesn't generate any buzz

I think this plan of the rotating entertainment is not working out in anyone's favor. 1. People never know who they're going to see as there's no published set schedule 2. There's no opportunity for a fan base to build 3. It doesn't generate any buzz
It could generate buzz if they admitted it was a rotating act

This thread is exactly why Disney don't want long term acts. The once-and-done guests care not at all, and that seems to be who WDW care most about. For the pass-holders who may care, you're a bargaining chip that the acts can use when negotiating rates.

This thread is exactly why Disney don't want long term acts. The once-and-done guests care not at all, and that seems to be who WDW care most about. For the pass-holders who may care, you're a bargaining chip that the acts can use when negotiating rates.

So are you saying that Disney relies heavily on the "one and done" vs. the "repeat guests?". If so, I have to disagree. Disney is always trying to get past guests back in the door.

So are you saying that Disney relies heavily on the "one and done" vs. the "repeat guests?". If so, I have to disagree. Disney is always trying to get past guests back in the door.
Yes and no. They of course want repeat customers but they know that one and done guests are going to spend the most. In WDW One and dones and every 2-5 year guests outweigh the APs and locals heavily.

Quite frankly "les parfaits inconnus" was just about brutal. Walked by during their show one afternoon; apparently I wasn't the only one "just walking by" as not too many were stopped to watch them. Saw a lot or running around and guys hanging from metal poles, but couldn't really tell you much else about them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter