Did not get paid

That's because she does not have a FB account, actually. There's a setting on FB that uses your friend list, so none of your friends can tag you without permission, and that can extend to 'friends of friends', etc. Typing in a person's name brings up the account.
So if someone puts your name in a photo caption without using the tag link, people can find that photo too.

Does anyone know if OP got paid. Thanks for all the creepy info on FB...definietely not getting an account now.

So if someone puts your name in a photo caption without using the tag link, people can find that photo too.
Hasn't happened to be with hundreds of photos on Facebook. Like I said the only photos of me available on Google are the ones from work events

Here's a little test. Go to Google. Click images. Search your name and see what comes up

none under maiden, married or hyphenated maiden married. interesting b/c I know I am tagged by name in a few on fb (despite not having a fb account), tagged in many more b/c of theatre and musical groups that have group fb pages with decades of photos all tagged with names.

none under maiden, married or hyphenated maiden married. interesting b/c I know I am tagged by name in a few on fb (despite not having a fb account), tagged in many more b/c of theatre and musical groups that have group fb pages with decades of photos all tagged with names.
I bet if you go through all the thousands of hits you'll find at least one.

My wife isn't even on FB and she is tagged in photos and those turn up in searches.

Maybe your wife should get a facebook account so that she has more control over what shows up in a search.

Seriously, there are hundreds of tagged photos of me on facebook and not a single one of them shows up in a google search. The same goes for my husband.

How many thousands of images do you really think a potential employer is going to through to find an image?
There is a piece of software that sorts through the Google images. Basically it takes all the information from your application to refine the search. Much more detailed search than just your name. A lot of companies also get information from Lexus Nexus to feed into that software so they will have every address you ever lived at, every phone number you ever had, and your credit record.

I google my name, all variations of that name, and scroll through page after page of images and don't see any of me. That being said, my Facebook profile is always set to maximum privacy levels...where ONLY friends see me.

I suppose if I keep scrolling past the page after page of photos I have done, I *might* see one of me, but frankly if someone has to do that to see a photo of me, I'm not too worried.

There is a piece of software that sorts through the Google images. Basically it takes all the information from your application to refine the search. Much more detailed search than just your name. A lot of companies also get information from Lexus Nexus to feed into that software so they will have every address you ever lived at, every phone number you ever had, and your credit record.

What does that have to do with people tagging you on FB?

I google my name, all variations of that name, and scroll through page after page of images and don't see any of me. That being said, my Facebook profile is always set to maximum privacy levels...where ONLY friends see me.

I suppose if I keep scrolling past the page after page of photos I have done, I *might* see one of me, but frankly if someone has to do that to see a photo of me, I'm not too worried.

To be honest, I don't know for a fact of any employers that check Facebook. But these days, I don't know of many employers that check references either. They just hire....and if you don't work out...fire.

What does that have to do with people tagging you on FB?

People seem to think that privacy settings will hid your photo on someone else's FB, and it won't if they don't link the tag to your page.

People seem to think that privacy settings will hid your photo on someone else's FB, and it won't if they don't link the tag to your page.

Did you read what I bolded and was questioning? I'll put it below to be clear:

A lot of companies also get information from Lexus Nexus to feed into that software so they will have every address you ever lived at, every phone number you ever had, and your credit record.

Are you suggesting that they get this information through people tagging you on FB photos? If not, I ask again - what does that have to do with tagging on FB? I get that you are the expert on this and that all of us are wrong about privacy settings, but even with that I don't see how tagging photos on FB gives people access to my credit report.

To be honest, I don't know for a fact of any employers that check Facebook. But these days, I don't know of many employers that check references either. They just hire....and if you don't work out...fire.

If you don't know about employers checking Facebook why have you made this huge discussion about it?

Sometimes, it is good to know when to let it go and walk away.

No one claimed then photo doesn't appear just the tag won't appear.

A friend is HR for a major employer. They hire a variety of backgrounds including a lot of college aged kids. Social media is one place they do check as well as criminal background checks.

I've been on FB for years and I have only had one friend ever post a picture of me and that was her wedding picture with me as a bridesmaid 20 years ago.

If you have to worry so much about embarrassing pictures of yourself appearing online because friends posted them and did or did not tag you than the problem goes way past applying for a job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter