Did Kate and William leave hospital with new princess?

And how has she managed, twice now, to leave the hospital looking like she's ready for a charity function, mere hours after giving birth? Her hair and make-up were perfect. She was wearing a dress, complete with hose and heels. Heck, she was even wearing earrings! Obviously she has a hair and make-up person to get her looking beautiful before she goes out to meet the press. But still! I don't get how she's standing up straight and walking down stairs so soon. I recall being exhausted and sore. It was a huge chore to roll out of bed and get to and from the bathroom in the hospital. I did have an easier time with the second one, but I certainly wasn't up and around like Kate is. Perhaps she's just a really good actress, gritting her teeth through the pain?

Plus her dress is "white" at the bottom? A dress is the last thing I wanted to wear let alone a white one! Lol

Plus her dress is "white" at the bottom? A dress is the last thing I wanted to wear let alone a white one! Lol
I know, right? Brave woman. I could only sit in a webbed lawn chair for weeks after DS was born. He was a VBAC, so kinda like a first one, but still

Her pin is probably the emblem of the "Queen's Lancers".....their motto is Death or Glory, with the "Death" represented by a skull-and-crossbones. Either that...or Liz is going Goth.

Well I couldn't be upright for a couple of days after delivery (super low blood pressure and anemia) but my roommate the second time was up within a couple hours, showering, putting on jeans, and wishing she could go home and mow the lawn!

With my second child I was ready to get out of the hospital a few hours after birth. They let me go home the next day and the morning after that I was out looking at rummage sales( with baby and a three year old). I had quit my job to care for the kids and without work, I was dying for anything to do. Wish I had that energy now.

welcome...and while Pippa is most likely thrilled for her sister and BIL, she's prob also like, Well, crap~ how am I gonna follow THOSE exits when I have child?:rolleyes1

I also think it was nice of The Queen to wear all pink today
queen-elizabeth-pink1.jpg

AAAAACK! Sorry so BIG!

But the skull and cross bone pin is interesting.....

I think she's a pirate :eek:

Both my deliveries, I stayed 2 nights. My epidural took a long time to wear off.
Plus I heard that in the UK, a nurse comes to visit you at your house to check in. Here you are sent home and that's it. You don't get a postpartum check till 6 weeks. The baby goes to the pediatrician after 3-5 days.

24-48 hours for a vaginal delivery is the norm in the US. Longer for a c-section. I had a twin c-section, and was released on the 4th day with one twin. The other stayed an additional 3 days in the hospital.

With my second child I was ready to get out of the hospital a few hours after birth. They let me go home the next day and the morning after that I was out looking at rummage sales( with baby and a three year old). I had quit my job to care for the kids and without work, I was dying for anything to do. Wish I had that energy now.

That's hilarious! Sounds like something I or my mom would do!

Can't pass up a good garage sale!! :)

It's pretty uncommon to get more than an over-night after a normal, healthy delivery in Canada. Could be the same in the UK. How long do they let you stay in the US if you have good insurance?

I had our first 2 back in the early 90's when the industry was experimenting to see if they could move to a 24 hour discharge. Since both were born in the evening, it turned out to be less just to avoid heading home just as we were trying to settle in for the night.

The second was not a problem. The first was ridiculous. I had black eyes and couldn't even sit on the seat of the car. (I had to sit off an edge of the seat).

I'm an EMT in the UK and we have been to women who have given birth at home and don't need to go to hospital. The midwife checks them and out and leaves them at home. They do get health visitors a couple of days after the birth and they are home

My daughter was born at 2:50am and by 9:30am I was showered, dressed, and ready to go home. The OB on call was going to let me too, but my CBC came back indicating that I had a raging infection and I got to spend an extra 72 hours in Mom & Baby on an IV ABT.

And how has she managed, twice now, to leave the hospital looking like she's ready for a charity function, mere hours after giving birth? Her hair and make-up were perfect. She was wearing a dress, complete with hose and heels. Heck, she was even wearing earrings! Obviously she has a hair and make-up person to get her looking beautiful before she goes out to meet the press. But still! I don't get how she's standing up straight and walking down stairs so soon. I recall being exhausted and sore. It was a huge chore to roll out of bed and get to and from the bathroom in the hospital. I did have an easier time with the second one, but I certainly wasn't up and around like Kate is. Perhaps she's just a really good actress, gritting her teeth through the pain?

I've never given birth and the thought scares the crap outta me. When I see the media footage of her walking out looking like nothing ever happened, I get all stunned again at how freaking strong women are!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter