Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

Thank you so much for posting that webcam link!! I'm loving it-but I'm SO jealous! Especially because the weather looks perfectly cloudy and pleasant! I am moving this afternoon, packing endless boxes, but at least I can watch Disneyland live and mentally escape!!

Looks like people are grabbing spots for a parade... I see my fave spot is just being grabbed by some people in front of carnation cafe... Anyone know what time it will be at?

I'm kind of horrified at the number of people walking around with shopping bags full of popcorn buckets. I feel bad for the people who just want a snack for their kids because the eBayers are killing all the lines.

I'm kind of horrified at the number of people walking around with shopping bags full of popcorn buckets. I feel bad for the people who just want a snack for their kids because the eBayers are killing all the lines.
I know! That's why I missed the meet up this morning~ waited in line for my red balloon one for 45 min! There people around me w/ 4 of all the ones they are selling today.

The funny thing is that at least one CM said they were a 60th thing, not just a today thing. I don't need more stuff anyway - bought an ear headband (that's killing me...may switch for a traditional hat soon) and a pin. I'm done unless there's something I fall in love with.

I noticed a lot of people already claiming spots for the parade. I can't imagine sitting there waiting for 8 hours...

I noticed a lot of people already claiming spots for the parade. I can't imagine sitting there waiting for 8 hours...

I've had the live cam open in a tab for the last hour and a half and some people have been sitting there on the curb since I started watching!

That makes more sense, if you're local. I have a premium pass as well, but live in Sacramento, so it wouldn't be my choice. You will have a fabulous view of the parade though! I will have to hope I luck upon a good spot.

Okay, checking back in. I arrived around 12:15. Parking was a cinch (cars about 3 deep at the payment booth.) Parked on Level 3 Mickey. Tram was quick. Both parks still open. Went straight to DCA to get FP for World of Color 3 am. They said they still had a ton of FP's for the 9 pm show. I have viewing location Yellow, though I don't know where that is yet. Grabbed a FP for Soarin', though I won't use it. Return between 2:35 and 3:35 pm. I will probably try around 1 am but it's not a priority. Crossed to DL. Grabbed FP for BTMRR for return at 4:15-5:15. Again, doesn't seem likely. Then Fantasmic! FP. They literally ran out of the 10:45 and last showing 2 groups ahead of me. I must have looked so disappointed, as they magically told me there was 1 left... for me! I haven't seen F! since before they made it FP. Most spots are reserved for the parade/fireworks already! I found a slightly shady area on 3 steps with a view of It's a Small World. I was hoping for a shady seat on a bench in front of the castle, but they've long been claimed. I have 1 advantage... I am solo today. But I also don't have a loved one to save my seat if I need food or the restroom. Hoping for the kindness of strangers. I did bring snacks, and I have a reservation at 12:20 am at Carnation Cafe. Though I'd rather have Disney treats, esp. the special ones today! It will be a LONG day. I forgot my Kindle. So I have to use my phone to read my book. Will be going on airplane mode to conserve battery, though I'd rather chat with you guys all day! Will check back later if I have anything exciting to report.

Wait... All those people are waiting for paint the night? They aren't doing a 3 pm soundsational parade?! That is nuts to wait that long! I assumed there was an afternoon parade.

Okay, checking back in. I arrived around 12:15. Parking was a cinch (cars about 3 deep at the payment booth.) Parked on Level 3 Mickey. Tram was quick. Both parks still open. Went straight to DCA to get FP for World of Color 3 am. They said they still had a ton of FP's for the 9 pm show. I have viewing location Yellow, though I don't know where that is yet. Grabbed a FP for Soarin', though I won't use it. Return between 2:35 and 3:35 pm. I will probably try around 1 am but it's not a priority. Crossed to DL. Grabbed FP for BTMRR for return at 4:15-5:15. Again, doesn't seem likely. Then Fantasmic! FP. They literally ran out of the 10:45 and last showing 2 groups ahead of me. I must have looked so disappointed, as they magically told me there was 1 left... for me! I haven't seen F! since before they made it FP. Most spots are reserved for the parade/fireworks already! I found a slightly shady area on 3 steps with a view of It's a Small World. I was hoping for a shady seat on a bench in front of the castle, but they've long been claimed. I have 1 advantage... I am solo today. But I also don't have a loved one to save my seat if I need food or the restroom. Hoping for the kindness of strangers. I did bring snacks, and I have a reservation at 12:20 am at Carnation Cafe. Though I'd rather have Disney treats, esp. the special ones today! It will be a LONG day. I forgot my Kindle. So I have to use my phone to read my book. Will be going on airplane mode to conserve battery, though I'd rather chat with you guys all day! Will check back later if I have anything exciting to report.

Sounds like you are having a good time! For some of us who can't be there, it is very nice to read these reports. Thanks for sharing! :)

Lorijohnhill - I've only seen the old domed sipper cups. They do have new travel mugs and the castle sippers. The 24-hour travel mug is going fast.

11143385_10206881508221931_5595470179523283208_n.jpg

Well, DH and I can't be there in person, but this is the next closest thing...

Anyone know when it closed and opened again? Wanted to head down at 10pm or so but won't bother if they are filled to capacity the rest of the night.
I gave up searching after 45 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter