• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

I'm concerned my original plan to arrive around 2 or 3 is not a good idea. I'm hoping to now get there by noon. I'm concerned it will reach capacity by then. I also need to start in DCA to grab FP for WOC (3 am) first. It's a 2-3 hr drive from where I am. I finally decided to download Twitter to follow @DisneylandToday. I'm assuming if they reach capacity, that's where they will announce it. Should I bring my own food??

So my husband just said... I don't know why you think you should wait for the next big anniversary, not sure you could handle 24 hours now. I think that is a challenge to go to the next 24 hour event!

Don't forget to sign in for the sweepstakes! How exciting, I'll be checking in throughout the day via the cams!

I'm concerned my original plan to arrive around 2 or 3 is not a good idea. I'm hoping to now get there by noon. I'm concerned it will reach capacity by then. I also need to start in DCA to grab FP for WOC (3 am) first. It's a 2-3 hr drive from where I am. I finally decided to download Twitter to follow @DisneylandToday. I'm assuming if they reach capacity, that's where they will announce it. Should I bring my own food??
I am here, heard a CM say they will likely reach capacity by at least 1p. I'd get here as soon as you can. Your own food isn't a bad idea either, so you don't have to constantly wait in lines. I think it's only going to get worse.

I am here, heard a CM say they will likely reach capacity by at least 1p. I'd get here as soon as you can. Your own food isn't a bad idea either, so you don't have to constantly wait in lines. I think it's only going to get worse.

I appreciate your response! As soon as my darn printer decides to work, I will eat my "lunch" and hit the road!

I still can't find the word of the day and nobody here knows about it :(

I know the Park's Blog said that would start today. You do need to be outside the theme park entrance to view the word of the day it said, and who knows if/when that got set up this morning with all the 24-hour day craziness.

Lifted from another one of Disney's websites (https://disneyland.disney.go.com/ev...2CaratBlueDisneyDiamondandVacationPackage0002):

• Look for the ‘Word of the Day’ prominently displayed outside of these 3 Disneyland theme park entrances (or ask about other Resort locations):
    • Disneyland Resort Theme Park Main Entrance at the Main Entry Plaza outside of the bag check tents
    • Disney California Adventure Park entrance immediately adjacent to Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa
    • Disneyland Monorail station entrancein Downtown Disney District
  • Text in the Word of the Day between 7:00 AM and 10:59 AM Pacific to the sweepstakes short code number displayed outside the above listed theme park entrances

I still can't find the word of the day and nobody here knows about it :(
https://diamond.disneyland.disney.go.com/wotd will have the word each day for those playing from home and want to be entered into the weekly drawing. (Tomorrowland is today's word!)

I'm following the fun from twitter today. Friends and I are going to do "Disney or Die" next Tuesday and Wednesday to check out the 60th anniversary stuff instead.

Saw a ton of people camping out last night, but live cams don't look that packed at all.

They showed the new world of color last night btw.

Have fun, everyone!!! So jealous!!! Hope to come w/family on Sunday! Hope there's stilk merchandise to purchase by then!!!

I arrived at 5:30 this morning, ended up in the hub with people who'd arrived at 2:30, so I'm glad I opted for the extra sleep. Rode Matterhorn, Buzz Lightyear, Small World, Space Mountain and had breakfast at Plaza Inn. FP for Star Tours for half an hour from now. I'm looking for the meet-up but don't see anyone.

Question about the weekly sweepstakes. Can you enter every day for it? And second question, as long as you're 18 you can enter, correct? Even if you are family members, as long as you use your own email?

I sure hope so.. my hubby and I each have entered now with our own email and own phone.

I wanted to thank all of you brave souls for venturing out into the massive crowds on this day! I know you only did it so that you could bring lots of information back to the boards for the rest of us. Now, bring on the details!!

Seriously though, I am wondering if anyone can keep an eye out for a couple of things for me. I would like to know if there are special 60th prizes at the boardwalk games. I would also like to know if there are 60th versions of the dome lid sipper cups with the hanging handle (The cups I have are hot pink with Ariel or Anna/Elsa on the sticker. The lid is dome shaped and the straw bends over it and tucks in.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter