• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Diamond Celebration: 24 Hour Event @ Disneyland Resort May 22-23!

So if yesterday around 1pm was 75% I think I'll be okay tomorrow. It wasn't that bad then. It got really really bad when DCA closed at 6pm and people came over to DL. It took me 15 mins from the hub to Indy it was so damn packed (and I had a lady with a ECV run over my foot - ouch - and then she scolded me for not walking fast enough... Hello, there are people everywhere, where do you want me to move to!)

We're supposed to leave early tomorrow morning for our much anticipated long weekend and I have the flu. :-( DH got it a couple days ago, but now it's my turn. I'm super bummed! I don't want to cancel, but being sick is no fun. If we do have to cancel, we will probably try for a long weekend over Father's day. I was just really looking forward to the 24 hour party, even if we weren't going to be there the whole 24 hours.
. I hope you feel better soon. :( sorry you won't make it, but at least you have another plan☺

I've been awake since 5AM because I'm so excited. I'm leaving my house around noon today (if I can wait that long)! It's hard to believe this event is finally here after we've all been planning and waiting so long.

Have a magical day pixiedust: Excited for you! We leave at 1pm today to check in the Paradise Pier Hotel.

If I get a locker tonight inside DL can I leave my stuff there until tomorrow? How long are the locker rentals?

Hey, you are going on a Disney cruise in 6 months?!? That's awesome! I was just looking into to going on one for the first time!
Looks beautiful. One day I will. Have fun at the party!
Go! You won't regret it. They are beautiful ships. Top notch food and entertainment. True Disney class.

We're supposed to leave early tomorrow morning for our much anticipated long weekend and I have the flu. :-( DH got it a couple days ago, but now it's my turn. I'm super bummed! I don't want to cancel, but being sick is no fun. If we do have to cancel, we will probably try for a long weekend over Father's day. I was just really looking forward to the 24 hour party, even if we weren't going to be there the whole 24 hours.

oh, I'm sorry to hear it! I spent the whole week dodging my DS7's stomach bug and have managed not to get sick (knock wood). All I could think was "MY DISNEYLAND TRIP!!!!!" I hope you bounce right back and can join the fun tomorrow.

I'm off to the airport in 3 hours! Everyone have safe travels, and a magical time!!!

So i got here early and took a look at the merchandise and some of the special sweets at dca. I'm going to be in the poor house after this trip. The merchandise looks better in person than in all the photos. DCA is practically empty right now, so great time to go If you aren't going to hop over tomorrow. Like Disneyland, there are media booths set up everywhere, but they aren't really in the way too much. Trying to decide if i should go to WoC tonight or just sleep. Talk about first world problems, right? Best wishes in your travels to everyone. To those who are sick and can't come, i am so sorry. I was sick all week and terrified i wouldn't make it so i can only imagine your frustration.

If I get a locker tonight inside DL can I leave my stuff there until tomorrow? How long are the locker rentals?
They will clear the lockers between Thursday night and Friday morning. The DL lockers will open at 4:00 am on Friday.

General question, not 24 hour related, for the Toy Story lot. Monday morning we're going to park in the parking lot instead of walking over from our hotel; will Toy Story be open in the morning or do we have to go straight to Mickey & Friends? I've never done that before so not really sure how it works w/ the Pumbaa and Toy Story lots.

Welp we are leaving tomorrow after work now instead of Saturday at 5am..so I grabbed a Saturday 1am Carnation Cafe reservation for DH and I.

I figure after a 6 hour drive it would be fun to just people watch and grab a quick bite at least LOL. We probably won't do too much since he is working all day then driving to Buena Park ( grabbed a one night ressie at Super 8) then the next two nights we'll be at Candy Cane Inn. But at least we can say we did it..haha !

So i got here early and took a look at the merchandise and some of the special sweets at dca. I'm going to be in the poor house after this trip. The merchandise looks better in person than in all the photos. DCA is practically empty right now, so great time to go If you aren't going to hop over tomorrow. Like Disneyland, there are media booths set up everywhere, but they aren't really in the way too much. Trying to decide if i should go to WoC tonight or just sleep. Talk about first world problems, right? Best wishes in your travels to everyone. To those who are sick and can't come, i am so sorry. I was sick all week and terrified i wouldn't make it so i can only imagine your frustration.
I'm here too, got to DL at 2pm and spent about 2hrs there, but didn't ride one single ride. I was too distracted by all the new merchandise! Got a FP for BTMRR but it was down when I came back to ride. A lot of rides where closing at 4pm for the media. It felt very crowded, but typical for a busy afternoon. Hopped over to DCA which was more manageable and got to ride the new Soarin', YAY! At hotel now, gotta rest up for tomorrow!

Tonight they did show the new world of color.

Now in line with a couple thousand people for the 24 hour event we all are getting wrist bands

Tonight they did show the new world of color.

Now in line with a couple thousand people for the 24 hour event we all are getting wrist bands
Just checked in to the hotel across the street... I see lots of people going to DL... What are the wristbands for? Not sure if I should go now, or wait till like 4am....
Wanted to get some sleep lol...

Just checked in to the hotel across the street... I see lots of people going to DL... What are the wristbands for? Not sure if I should go now, or wait till like 4am....
Wanted to get some sleep lol...

To save your place line . Main Street is supposed to open at 4am

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter