Destination D is the place for me … and Bill *New trip report started link page 12*

First night looks good including Wishes! Love Wishes! Your trip is just around the corner you must be so excited!

Way to go Bill! How exciting to be going to the D23 event! I look forward to reading about it and about all the planning changes you make along the way!;)

Thanks for explaining I have always wondered what is was too :rolleyes1

You are welcome :).

There were rumors it was going to happen but they died down. I believe with the new FL expansion there is a new restaurant no? Or is it going to a QS place?

There are rumors that the Be Our Guest Restaurant might be a counter service in the daytime and a table service at night, so not sure.

Tracy:

So glad to see that you are returning to WDW and sharing your adventures with us!! I have loved catching up on your old TR's and am certainly looking forward to being along for this ride from start to finish...

Take care!!

Thanks for joining us.

I'm so excited for you two! I hope that it's a lot warmer this trip compared to your last one!

Oh I would think it will be extremely warm when we are there, with my luck it will be 105 degrees :rotfl:.

Hey Tracy! I've been lurking on your trip reports and you crack me up! I just wanted to say hi and tell you that your trip reports are my favorite! You and Bill are the perfect match. :goodvibes

Hi to you, thank you so much for your kind words. Bill and I are opposites that just seem to work :rotfl2:.

First night looks good including Wishes! Love Wishes! Your trip is just around the corner you must be so excited!

So happy to be seeing Wishes again!!

Gosh! I am shocked you made a change already!! :rotfl:

:lmao: I know aren't you in awe of it?

Way to go Bill! How exciting to be going to the D23 event! I look forward to reading about it and about all the planning changes you make along the way!;)

Hi Rozz. We are so looking forward to the D23 event.

The first full day for us, Thursday, will be spent at Disney’s Hollywood Studios doing the things we love.

For us that means Toy Story Mania more than once. We LOVE this ride and the imagineers that designed it. It is excellent for wheelchair users. Bill can stay in his chair where he is most comfortable. We might be having a little fun here don’t you think??

tsm1.jpg

- We have to see Beauty and the Beast, it is a must do for us because we love happy endings:

WDW11-08904.jpg

- We have to watch the Streetmosphere people, they are hilarious.

WDW11-08875.jpg

- Muppets 3D and the Muppet store. Because Bill is a MUPPET FREAK!

It is a short day here because Bill wants to go to ESPN Club for lunch so we will hop a boat from DHS to the Boardwalk. We adore the view on this boat ride. I will probably go picture crazy. After quick lunch we will go to Epcot, it’s great going in the International Gateway. We hope to see a lot of the Flower and Garden Festival stuff, what we don’t see this day we will try to see the next day.

Dinner is at Tutto Italia, let’s see which servers Bill flirts with this time. We will also be catching Illuminations from our favorite accessible area. Here is where we will see how the bus situation is for people in wheelchairs and ECV’s for the Pop Century bus line. I am going to be taking notes of how long it takes from the time they have us split off from the regular line to the time Bill gets on the bus. Let’s see how many busses get loaded while he sits there. I have the transportation number that a manager at Epcot gave me and will be using it if there are issues again. I have no problems waiting in line for our turn, but I am not ok with us getting up to the front and them double loading busses while people in wheelchairs/ECV’s wait and wait and wait.

Next installment… Friday, Friday Friday Plans

When it comes to the POP bus situation my mom, grandma and I stayed there last year and my grandma used an ECV. They always let her and the group of wheel chair/ECV users onto the bus before everyone else. There also weren't any issues when it came to that and the buses so hopefully your experience is the same!

Looks like TSMM is a favorite for you two. We love it too.
Great plans for first day.
Hope you have no problems with the busses this year pixiedust:

When it comes to the POP bus situation my mom, grandma and I stayed there last year and my grandma used an ECV. They always let her and the group of wheel chair/ECV users onto the bus before everyone else. There also weren't any issues when it came to that and the buses so hopefully your experience is the same!

As of either Oct. or Nov. 1st, I can't remember which, Epcot changed how wheelchairs were handled. Instead of having the separate line, everyone goes through the main que (which is fine) then when the wheelchair/ECV gets toward the front they off shoot into another line, this leads to a huge back up of wheelchairs/ECV's since only 2 -4 wheelchairs/ECV's can be loaded on a bus versus 60 able bodied people.

They would have one bus loading and have another pull up beside it only loading able bodied people. I timed it, Bill and I got to the front of the line, the able bodied people that were behind us got on a bus right away and we sat there through 5 more busses until he was loaded. That is not fair or equal access when they allow busses to leave without loading any wheelchairs/ECVs when there are slots available. That is what I will be looking at and seeing if it has been changed, hopefully it has :goodvibes, if not they will have me loudly complaining.

Looks like TSMM is a favorite for you two. We love it too.
Great plans for first day.
Hope you have no problems with the busses this year pixiedust:

TSM is the best ride EVER in our opinion since Bill can ride it. I hope we don't have bus issues either, thanks.

This is just about the cutest picture I have ever seen! LOVE IT!!!!!

Thank you.

I LOVE this picture of the two of you! I wonder what Bill said to make you laugh so hard?![/CENTER]

Kathy

Actually Bill didn't say anything, Terry caught us laughing in mid spin. We love how the ride throws us around.

that is the cutest pic of you two on TSMM- such sheer joy on your faces- love it! :thumbsup2:wizard:

that is the cutest pic of you two on TSMM- such sheer joy on your faces- love it! :thumbsup2:wizard:

We absolutely love that ride and laugh like that every time.

I agree with everybody else! I love that picture!
Did you see this thread? I think it overlaps with your dates and looks like fun!
Pixar Weekend @ Epcot

Thank you, I know all about Pixar Weekend, I will talk about it in the next installment :goodvibes. We will be going to the meet and greets on the 13th :banana:.

Yes, I know shoot me, that song is HORRIBLE!!

On Friday we will go back to Epcot starting in Future World. We don’t do Spaceship Earth unless we have another person with us because we have to maneuver Bill into place. His legs don’t like to cooperate in that ride vehicle for some reason? We will definitely go to the Living Seas Pavilion, I hope to catch another Dolphin exhibition, and see Crush. We have to do Soarin’ and Living with the Land. Bill has decided on a Table Service lunch so we aren’t doing Sunshine seasons this trip, HOW SHOCKING IS THAT??? If you know Bill at all it is very shocking.

CHANGE #2… Pixar Weekend was announced so our Tokyo Dining reservation went out the window. We are staying in Future World doing Coral Reef.

Pixar Weekend May 13th - 15th

Planned meet & greets for the Disney/Pixar weekend include:

- Carl Fredricksen, Russell and Dug from Disney/Pixar’s UP will be at the Fountain of Nations stage along with an inflatable version of Carl’s house (have to see them, UP is our favorite Pixar Movie)

- Mike Wazowski, Sulley, Boo, Smitty, Needleman and George Sanderson from Disney/Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. will be at the Universe of Energy pavilion (love me some Boo, is it odd that a 41 year old wants to get her picture taken with her?)

- Mr. Incredible, Elastigirl and Frozone from Disney/Pixar’s The Incredibles will be at Innoventions West (Not going to see them)

- Lightning McQueen, Tow Mater and the Rust-eze girls from Disney/Pixar’s Cars 2 will be at Test Track (Not going to see them)

- living coral from Disney/Pixar’s Finding Nemo at the Seas with Nemo and Friends pavilion (and Crush at Turtle Talk, of course — no mention of Nemo unfortunately, but always a possibility) (Maybe if we have time)

- Flik, Atta, Gypsy and Slim from Disney/Pixar’s A Bug’s Life at Village Traders (the African Outpost) (we have not gotten pictures with Flik yet so we will be seeing them)

- Remy and Emile from Disney/Pixar’s Ratatouille in France (definitely seeing them)

- Buzz, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Lotso and Mr. Potatohead from Disney/Pixar’s Toy Story at American Adventure (Bill wants to try to catch Mr. Potatohead)

- making his Disney Parks debut, Wall-E from Disney/Pixar’s WALL-E at Mission: SPACE. (Must do for us!)

Each of the photo-ops will also have a special background tying their respective films in with the International Flower and Garden Festival (think Rose Parade) and Disney’s PhotoPass will be on hand to help capture the magic.

The Cars 2 topiaries at the World Showcase plaza will be enhanced with additional banners over the lanes promoting the special event.

Meanwhile, over at the World Showplace (located between the Canada and UK pavilions) will celebrate 25 years of Pixar. There will be an interactive garden featuring stills from Pixar Animation Studios productions. Upon entering the venue, guests will be handed a scorecard to see how many hidden ‘easter eggs’ they can find in the photos. Those who find them all will receive an exclusive Cars 2 prize. There will also be informal talks about the company held inside an 800-seat theater (speakers not yet announced). At the exit, a pop-up Pixar Studio Store offering exclusive merchandise.

Lastly (at Epcot), Spaceship Earth gets in on the fun as it showcases the Cars 2 logo projected on it following the performance of Illuminations: Reflections of Earth, along with some music from the Cars films.

According to Stitchkingdom.com:

Another source has provided additional information on how the meet & greets may work and possible changes. It appears that the characters can be considered in sets of threes and will appear individually, trading off every 20 minutes or so. This means that some previously announced meet & greets may be cut out. Disney/Pixar’s Monsters, Inc. was mentioned specifically and may end up consisting of just Mike Wazowski, Sulley and Boo.

The primary exception to this rule is Wall-E whose sets are likely to be about 30 minutes. As we expected, although Wall-E will undoubtedly come out on-stage and exit on his own, he will be stationary for meet & greets, quite similar to how they went at the 2009 Disney D23 Expo.

Our source also informs us that the Cars characters at Test Track may also be joined by the Crash Test Dummies that used to appear by the attraction.

Lastly, our source reports that appearances by Nemo do not seem likely at this point. Evidently Nemo cannot be on stage for extended periods of time.

After lunch, we will hop the monorail to the Contemporary Resort. We have to go to the convention center and register for the Destination D event.

I have emailed D23 to ask questions about wheelchair accessibility, seating, accommodations, etc. Laura Sanchez, one of the D23 team members called me to let me know she has contacted the Contemporary Convention Center in regards to my questions and will call me back as soon as she gets answers.

After finishing up registration, we will go back to Epcot heading to the World Showcase, we are using snack credits at the caramel shop in Germany, hitting up as many pavilions as we can and finishing up our Pixar goals. (I had to throw in the snack credit usage because Bill has talked and talked about the goodness that is the carmel shop in Germany :goodvibes.)

Not sure how long we will stay this day, then take a bus back to Pop Century to get ready for two very full days of Disney history, fun, and surprises.

Next installment … You knew we couldn’t do it

Sounds like so much fun!!! Gavin would be going crazy for those car characters! And oh my! You had to mention the caramel corn, didn't you??? I still remember how yummy it was from our trip. I didn't want to share it but I did since I THOUGHT we would make it back for another bag!

Yes, I know shoot me, that song is HORRIBLE!!

On Friday we will go back to Epcot starting in Future World. We don’t do Spaceship Earth unless we have another person with us because we have to maneuver Bill into place. His legs don’t like to cooperate in that ride vehicle for some reason? We will definitely go to the Living Seas Pavilion, I hope to catch another Dolphin exhibition, and see Crush. We have to do Soarin’ and Living with the Land. Bill has decided on a Table Service lunch so we aren’t doing Sunshine seasons this trip, HOW SHOCKING IS THAT??? If you know Bill at all it is very shocking.
:scared1: No pork chop meal???

Your plans for the day sound awesome! Wow, I had no idea that Pixar days even existed. I'll have to watch "Up" one of these days...

Oh, those meet and greets sound wonderful! It would be worth a special trip just for them!

I know you are thrilled to be meeting Wall-E!

Kathy

Great day, the character meets sound wonderful I wish I was going to be there:cloud9:

It would be more fun if you were there!

Sounds like so much fun!!! Gavin would be going crazy for those car characters! And oh my! You had to mention the caramel corn, didn't you??? I still remember how yummy it was from our trip. I didn't want to share it but I did since I THOUGHT we would make it back for another bag!

I got something caramel last time, but have yet to try the caramel corn.

Pixar weekend sounds so cool!!! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to see all the pictures you get. :goodvibes

I can't wait to see all the Pixar characters!!

:scared1: No pork chop meal???

Your plans for the day sound awesome! Wow, I had no idea that Pixar days even existed. I'll have to watch "Up" one of these days...

Your "no pork chop meal" cracked me up. This is the first Pixar Weekend.

Bill and I think they need Pixar weekends like Star Wars weekends where they could have the voice actors and the animators come and have the characters there. We would LOVE that.

Oh, those meet and greets sound wonderful! It would be worth a special trip just for them!

I know you are thrilled to be meeting Wall-E!

Kathy

We are so happy it starts on the 13th so we can see the characters and still do Destination D :banana:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter