DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

:sad: oh gosh train them on the job already.. really really gonna sit my huge rear in on the door step and wait on it to open next week!! :rotfl2:

Someone on Orlando United reported they were in the store and heard the ride testing. That is good news!!!

Someone on Orlando United reported they were in the store and heard the ride testing. That is good news!!!
Very good new, indeed! :thumbsup2
Did you see that wild suits the workers were wearing?

At least an opening date SOMETIME in June is looking better now.

Has anyone heard anything about a soft opening? We are going Friday and would be very excited to try it out!

Does anyone have any news on the soft opening for Despicable Me? We are leaving 6/1 for the weekend and it would make our trip!:cool1:
Gratzi!

5 days until we are back "home" at the Portofino!

Does anyone have any news on the soft opening for Despicable Me? We are leaving 6/1 for the weekend and it would make our trip!:cool1:
Gratzi!

5 days until we are back "home" at the Portofino!

No news yet.

You might get a soft opening but I would not count on it. I read somewhere they have not even started staff training yet. Some said yesterday that they heard the ride operating from the gift shop but that's it. I'm guessing it will have soft opening in the middle of June with a grand open end of June or July 4th week.:thumbsup2

I'm going to combine this with the thread we currently have going.

I'm also going to sticky this thread until the grand opening.

Please direct all posts on the subject to this thread.

I spoke with a friend from WDI last night and he said that one of his "friends" who works with Universal Creative said they would begin testing it sometime in "late June" and open after they determined it was ready to handle "capacity crowds" (his friend's words). I am translating that to Fourth of July, maybe?

I spoke with a friend from WDI last night and he said that one of his "friends" who works with Universal Creative said they would begin testing it sometime in "late June" and open after they determined it was ready to handle "capacity crowds" (his friend's words). I am translating that to Fourth of July, maybe?

They've been running the attraction internally for some of the ride attendants, but so far that's all.
We're gonna have a flippin' riot at our home if that's when this thing opens up.
Cruel and unusual punishment. :scared1:
If indeed it's crowd control issues they're concerned about, I wouldda thought they would've been able to prepare for that way ahead of the construction completion. My plan B is a "late-ish" June trip...but I'll probably still try to take him later than that if necessary.

Thanks for the info!

Robert

I was there the beginning of the week. I asked to borrow the keys to the ride but no luck. I did ask nicely.

They've been running the attraction internally for some of the ride attendants, but so far that's all.
We're gonna have a flippin' riot at our home if that's when this thing opens up.
Cruel and unusual punishment. :scared1:
If indeed it's crowd control issues they're concerned about, I wouldda thought they would've been able to prepare for that way ahead of the construction completion. My plan B is stir a "late-ish" June trip...but I'll probably still try to take him later than that if necessary.

Thanks for the info!

Robert

Sorry. By testing, I meant like soft-opening testing. He acknowledged that there was ride attendant testing occur but was surprised when I told him word had gotten out.

I'll keep asking him for more details and I'll let everyone know as I am told. Sorry about your trip, though. Remember, he said this is "tentative at this time," so I wouldn't go making any changes to your trip just quite yet unless you have to.

Sorry. By testing, I meant like soft-opening testing. He acknowledged that there was ride attendant testing occur but was surprised when I told him word had gotten out.

I'll keep asking him for more details and I'll let everyone know as I am told. Sorry about your trip, though. Remember, he said this is "tentative at this time," so I wouldn't go making any changes to your trip just quite yet unless you have to.

He must think people are deaf because you can clearly hear the ride when you are in the gift shop, lol.

Hey Andy ...No problem at all...I really appreciate the info!
I have until June 4th to cancel my current on site reservation w/o penalty, but I may go ahead and make a late June reservation too, before the discounts dry up. Just gotta get my work calendar rearranged.
Again.
Most of my customers aren't quite as Orlando "enthusiastic" as we are, and would appreciate their orders being delivered on time! ;)

Stinking Minions.

I'm kicking' myself for not purchasing a different-( read CHEAPER)-SWA flight date for a late June/early July when I had the chance ...everything is still 2 to 4 times more now!
Live-n-learn.
Maybe. ;)

any word on minion merchandise? when i was there dec'10 i wanted some so bad, and they had none, not even stuffed animals! cm said she thought it was strange as well, that people asked for dm merchandise and they had never had any.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter