DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

Boy-oh-boy!...what a GREAT trip! My son and I made it back a coupla' days ago, and I think I've slept more in the past days than the past 10!
Minion Mayhem is an absolute blast...very well done Mr. Davis and crew! Saw posted wait times of "110" minutes the last few days we were there, but with EP, we usually were in the pre-ride queue within 15 -20 minutes. It appears to me that Shrek is having to absorb a significant number of guests unwilling to spend 10% of their park day waiting on the minions. The big green guy's wait times were usually 45 or more minutes.
Can't wait to go back!

Boy-oh-boy!...what a GREAT trip! My son and I made it back a coupla' days ago, and I think I've slept more in the past days than the past 10!
Minion Mayhem is an absolute blast...very well done Mr. Davis and crew! Saw posted wait times of "110" minutes the last few days we were there, but with EP, we usually were in the pre-ride queue within 15 -20 minutes. It appears to me that Shrek is having to absorb a significant number of guests unwilling to spend 10% of their park day waiting on the minions. The big green guy's wait times were usually 45 or more minutes.
Can't wait to go back!

Glad you had a good trip! I hope you don't mind, but I noticed in earlier posts that you have 2 (?) autistic children. I know you stayed on site, and were able to use EP, but I was wondering if you ever needed to stay offsite and request a GAC-type of pass for your boys? I have an 18 autistic son, and we will be going to Universal for first time in August. We will be staying offsite because my son needs to "spread out", have his own TV, kitchen, etc. Been to Disney many times with the GAC. Lifesaver! If you have used a GAC pass at Universal, how did it work?

Glad you had a good trip! I hope you don't mind, but I noticed in earlier posts that you have 2 (?) autistic children. I know you stayed on site, and were able to use EP, but I was wondering if you ever needed to stay offsite and request a GAC-type of pass for your boys? I have an 18 autistic son, and we will be going to Universal for first time in August. We will be staying offsite because my son needs to "spread out", have his own TV, kitchen, etc. Been to Disney many times with the GAC. Lifesaver! If you have used a GAC pass at Universal, how did it work?

Thanks Cindy.
We have just the one autistic child. The Assistance Pass would be available to any guest, on site or off. Usually we just used our Express pass, but a few times we used the Assistance Pass to get a "scheduled" return time, usually about 45 minutes from the time we first showed up. This would give us time to go ride another ride, get a snack...etc. when we returned to the ride, we would either go into the express line, or in the event that that line was still long, we were allowed to go "FOTL". It wasn't always the same at different attractions, but it did help a few times. Go to guest services, and tell them your situation and what they can do to make your trip more enjoyable for both your son and his family members with y'all ....they want you to have a good time,,and they want you back. We really appreciate the fact that both US and WDW offer these options for our son. We don't "abuse" the GACs, but it's reassuring to know it is available to bail us out in certain situations.

I wouldn't be surprised if Shrek shut down in a few years.

Sure hope not, but it wouldn't surprise me. The last thing US/IOA need right now is to lose another attraction- ESPECIALLY an Express Pass attraction. Now that they've announced another hotel coming, they desperately need the rides.

Thanks Cindy.
We have just the one autistic child. The Assistance Pass would be available to any guest, on site or off. Usually we just used our Express pass, but a few times we used the Assistance Pass to get a "scheduled" return time, usually about 45 minutes from the time we first showed up. This would give us time to go ride another ride, get a snack...etc. when we returned to the ride, we would either go into the express line, or in the event that that line was still long, we were allowed to go "FOTL". It wasn't always the same at different attractions, but it did help a few times. Go to guest services, and tell them your situation and what they can do to make your trip more enjoyable for both your son and his family members with y'all ....they want you to have a good time,,and they want you back. We really appreciate the fact that both US and WDW offer these options for our son. We don't "abuse" the GACs, but it's reassuring to know it is available to bail us out in certain situations.

Thanks for your helpful reply! We would never abuse the GAC either, but it is nice to know the option is there in case my son is having a bad moment. His mood can change on a dime. Thanks again! :)

The worst are the people who don't speak English. Especially the Mexicans for some reason. I got stuck on Shrek for 10 minutes because these Mexicans were at the end of the row where we had to get out but they didn't understand we were suppose to leave and wouldn't let us out.

You waited 10 minutes for them to clear the row? Why didn't you just walk around? Perhaps it wasn't their language barrier, but something else going on. I mean, you don't have to speak English to notice the theater emptying.

They had their legs up so we couldn't get past them. They were definatly confused about what was going on.

We saw something interesting today at DM. After we got off the ride at the dance party, their were some young foreign kids that started to dance with the minion. After a few seconds they started to kick and hit the minion. Well the employees that watch over quickly grabbed the minion and ushered him out a door. One employee keep dancing, while the manager watching just had discuss face on, we could not believe what happened. The kids and parents just left like nothing was wrong, so sad.:sad2:
At least the minion had an easy out. HHN scareactors have it way worse. Still, that's horrible that that happened. She (the person in the minion costume is probably female due to size) can get hurt in that costume!

Is there a height requirement for this ride?

Someone who's been down there since it opened can probably give you a better answer, but....

I'm thinking that since there are stationary seats, there wouldn't be a height requirement. If the child is too small to safely ride the motion seats, you can always request to be put into the stationary ones.

Do they have an Edith plush in the gift shop I seen Gru and the unicorn on ebay and Agnes and Margo on their store online and of course the minions. I'm going in December and too the fantasy land opening.

I am excited to actually get to ride this when we go in a couple of weeks. But on a slightly off topic, I wante to ask this poster a question....
At least the minion had an easy out. HHN scareactors have it way worse. Still, that's horrible that that happened. She (the person in the minion costume is probably female due to size) can get hurt in that costume!

I feel for the HHN actors and all of the other characters (one of my best friends does both here at Universal Hollywood), but as someone who knows how the scareactors feel, perhaps you can tell me what to do when the reverse is true? They always tell you they won't touch you, but there is apparently something about me that screams "mess with me!" They don't just touch me they attack me...I had two chainsaws literally pushed to the sides of my head last year. And no I am not a runner screamer...cause I understand why they mess with those people!:rotfl:

I got to ride MM last Friday and it was great, way better then JN. My only gripe was that it felt too short.

I am going with 8 special needs , I did not realize they had Guest assistance cards at Universal. Would we be able to get tham and could they be used at Ollivanders and Minions ????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter