Designer Collection Princesses

eeyorelvr09

A rough road leads to the stars
Today marked the Disney Store launch of the Disney Designer Collection Princess Dolls, but were premiered during the recent D23 Expo this past weekend. Each doll is $59.50 plus tax which comes to about $63 and change. There will be a total of 10 dolls (Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, Aurora, Rapunzel, Snow White, Mulan, Pocahontas, Tiana and Jasmine) and one will be released each week starting today and ending October 24th. So, if you plan on collecting the whole set, you are looking to spend around $630 in 2.5 months. Each doll will have a different LE size and I know Cinderella has and LE of 8000.

In my opinion, I think these dolls are absolutely stunning and feel that it might be a good investment for collectors.

In addition to the dolls, Disney also put out an array of items in relation to this collection. Here is the link to the Disney Store website and this does not include the coffee mugs that are sold in stores.

What are your thoughts on this collection?

http://www.disneystore.com/designer-princess/mn/1006104/?CMP=EMC-eml&att=20110822_SaleContinues40OffLap&RRID=14218961

Very nice! I don't need another thing to collect, but these are very pretty. I absolutely love Belle's dress and am amazing at the length of Jasmine's eyebrows! :rotfl: I'm also glad to see Tiana, from one of my favorite Disney movies, included.

BTW, is it me or does Aurora have a Snooki poof? :rolleyes1

very nice collection. I'm glad to see more artistic/more mature apparel to keep dd interested a bit longer without looking too childish by wearing the traditional princess styles. At $70/doll I won't want her to discover these too soon or there goes my WDW budget.

I'm loving the Ariel and Tiana dolls and wishing that they hadn't closed our Disney Store. Shipping to Canada is so expensive that I just can't justify it. Some of them, like Belle, seem to look better in the concept art than they do as the actual doll.

They have embedded their eyelashes. Some of them have beautiful dramatic eyelashes. I don't think Aurora has quite a Snooki poof. lol.

As you may know, they are available online, but someone said that it was about $25 for shipping. My sister was able to get the Cinderella mug for me which are 2 for $20 at the stores.

Very pretty, but I don't have that kind of money. So I will just purchase the note cards. Those can be framed.

In case you didn't know, which is rare....

Ariel came out today and its LE 8000.

http://www.disneystore.com/disney-store-official-site-for-disney-merchandise-disney-princess-designer-ariel-doll/mp/1290942/1000259/?Nr=pPublished:1&D=designer ariel&Ntk=All_Shopping&Nu=pProductID&Ntt=designer ariel&Dr=pPublished:1&Ntx=mode matchallpartial&Dx=

Who is getting it?

The Monmouth Mall in Eatontown, NJ also has 5 leftover Cinderella's from last week. Just ask if you are in the area.

Rumor has it that Belle is next. We will have to wait and see.

Saw them this past weekend and thought Pocahontas and Mulan were absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing about Ariel, she is my DD's favorite and yesterday was her birthday, may have to stop on my way home and see if I can find the $$ to buy her.

The dolls are extremely beautiful. Rapunzel was absolutely stunning. I might have to get her. they were beautifully done and for $50 I didn't think to bad of a price but I would have to keep her away from my 6 year old. She would not be one to play with

Saw the collection at our Disney Store this weekend - I thought they were nothing more than overpriced Barbies! My daughter saw them and was way more impressed with the Perry the Platypus stuffed doll than those...

I suspect collector's will go for this - but we were underwhelmed...

Now the remote control Cars... (and yes - my daughter is very much a girlie girl - but I agreed with her choice in quality...)

My local Disney store sold out of them. I ordered Ariel online, along with Cinderella (which still shows available online) yesterday. I'm not sure where I am going to put these, or how I am going to justify this cost WEEKLY, but I really really like them.

My local Disney store has all of them on display, and I was surprised how much I loved the Pocahontas. She's gorgeous. I'm not sure if I'm going to get all of them, but so far I'm 2/2...

The dolls are fantastic, but I just don't have the money. I LOVE the note cards, though. I think I might buy those and hang them up. They're beautiful.

Some of them, like Belle, seem to look better in the concept art than they do as the actual doll.

I agree! The Ariel and Tiana dolls were really pretty, but I felt like several of them (Belle, Pocahontas, Mulan, and Rapunzel, in particular) looked MUCH better in concept! And maybe it's because Aurora's hair is always down in "Sleeping Beauty," but the doll's up-do is really off-putting to me :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter