Deluxe DDP and Food & Wine???…loosen your buckle a notch cause here we go!

I don't think I've ever read a review of the Tea. Thank you and it all looks delicious.

I absolutely love the picture of the ferry boat with the castle in the background. It looks like a postcard. Beautiful!

Thanks for reviewing the tea--I agree with the previous poster--I don't think I've seen a tea review before. I think I might have to consider it! How much time did it take? I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze it in...

I'm in! I just found you TR and loving it so far!

I've always wanted to do the tea at GF. The pics look great!!!
Thanks for joining in. The more the merrier.:goodvibes
Joining in !! We are sailing on the Dream in April, but doing the parks first. So I am interested in your perspective on that. Thanks so much for sharing !!
First...you will love the Dream.:thumbsup2Next...we've tried it both ways...Cruise then parks...parks then cruise. I like the parks first, then you have the cruise to relax. There's lot's to do but it's still relaxing. The other way around I was so relaxed from the cruise that by the time we started the parks I wanted it to end by day 3 and we had 4 more days to go.:lmao:But that was just me.:goodvibes
I don't think I've ever read a review of the Tea. Thank you and it all looks delicious.

I absolutely love the picture of the ferry boat with the castle in the background. It looks like a postcard. Beautiful!
Thanks so much.:goodvibes
Thanks for reviewing the tea--I agree with the previous poster--I don't think I've seen a tea review before. I think I might have to consider it! How much time did it take? I'm trying to figure out how to squeeze it in...
The tea was great...I believe it took around an hour and a half. We took our time. Enjoyed each course and our tea and champagne. We chose to go on our MK day that way it's just a monorail or boat ride away. You have to squeeze it in. You won't be disappointed.:goodvibes

Hi all...I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday. As for me I had a lovely, quiet day. We opened our gifts after dinner and it was just....peaceful.:goodvibes

Well I just wanted to sneak in another installment of my TR before we all ring in the New year. So here goes.

October 20th...Continued

Time to party with Mickey

We left our tea full, but I was a bit disappointed. You see I had ordered a mini birthday cake in honor or Heather’s 21st. I ordered it in plenty of time, talking personally to Pat at Private dining, emphasizing that last year the birthday cake I ordered for Dan at the GF Café never appeared. She sounded shocked and wanted all the information even though it was last December. She said she would personally see to it that my cake would be there…it wasn’t. No one even knew about it and after the missing castle cake in 2008...this was strike three. I will NEVER order a cake again from the Grand Floridian…EVER. Was I shouting??? Sorry about that. Rant over. Lol! I think I’ll just stick to the Contemporary Resort and chef Brian’s creativity. He blew us away with last years anniversary cake and I’m hoping for a repeat performance for our Halloween cake next October.
A reminder of what Chef Brian can do….
100_1702.jpg
100_1699.jpg

We hopped on the monorail and headed to the Magic Kingdom. This was to be our first Halloween event here at the world and I was looking forward to it. Okay, well maybe not as much as Dan and Heather since Christmas time is my favorite time to visit. We entered the park around 5:30 or so. CM’s all decked out in their Halloween finest looked at our tickets and placed a MNSSHP band around our wrists. We were ready to party.
We did some shopping down Main Street then headed for Pirates of the Caribbean one of our favorites. I took a pictures along the way taking one of Mickey and Minnie in front of the castle and then we got a picture of the three of us on the bridge with the castle in the background.
Welcome to Mickey's Party
DSCN0179.jpg
DSCN0186A.jpg

Some enhanced images of Main Street
DSCN0185A.jpg
DSCN0188A.jpg

Halloween Street Lamps
DSCN0184.jpg

M&M in front of the castle
DSCN0192A.jpg

Our Castle picture
31004880000.jpg

We had about everything we wanted to do and see pre-arranged in our heads so you know what that meant. The main attraction was to see Mickey’s Boo to You Parade but most important was to see the ride of the Headless Horseman. We found our spot in Frontier Land where I could grab a great video and then we would duck out while the parade was going on to seek out the Seven Dwarfs and get our picture taken, something we missed last year during the Christmas Parade because we were just to frozen to wait….and the line was sooooo short. The time arrived and I crawled on top of a platform with my bum leg to get an awesome video. The horseman came and went and the darn camera refused to focus on anything except the spotlight from behind his entrance.L Not a happy camper. We were ready to leave but realized we were boxed in… so we settled down to watch the parade which we all thoroughly enjoyed and never got to see the Seven Dwarfs because the line was about 2 hours long.
Headless Horseman rides (not my image)
DSCN0208A.jpg

Boo to You Pictures…not the best…sorry
DSCN0209.jpg
DSCN0211.jpg
DSCN0212.jpg
DSCN0214.jpg
DSCN0219.jpg
DSCN0226.jpg
DSCN0227.jpg
DSCN0238.jpg

Before heading over to the Haunted Mansion, we ducked into a shop to find our party pins and Vinylmation. Plenty of pins but no Vinylmations…A CM noticed our shirts and said she didn’t realize they had a new style. My DH quickly told her that I made the designs and shirts to which she called out other CM’s who oooohed and aaahhed over them. What happened next was cool and completely unexpected as she presented me with a Magical Moments certificate for my awesome T-shirts.
My Magical Moment
10-20-20111.jpg

After we rode HM we stopped for a picture in front of the hearse. I also got a couple of great shots of the mansion and the pet cemetery. We got in line to have our pictures taken in front of Cinderella’s coach when we realized that Hallow Wishes would soon be starting so we reluctantly left and spent the next half hour trying to get out of Fantasy Land and to the front of the Castle. We finally landed a great spot in front of the castle forecourt where I got some great video and pictures.
Continued next post...

Haunted Mansion queue
DSCN0194.jpg
DSCN0197.jpg

Madame Leota
DSCN0193A.jpg

Pet Cemetery
DSCN0201.jpg

Our Spooky Hearse shot
31004880001.jpg

Haunted Mansion
DSCN0207.jpg

Hallow Wishes ( some shots with my camera and some HD shots while recording video from the same camera)
DSCN0241.jpg
DSCN0246.jpg
DSCN0254.jpg
DSCN0258.jpg
DSCN0259.jpg
DSCN0262.jpg
DSCN0263.jpg
DSCN0264.jpg
DSCN0268.jpg
DSCN0269.jpg

Once the crowd dispersed we decided our Tea was long gone and made our way to Tomorrow Land where we did some shopping before stopping for a bite at Cosmic Rays Starlight Café. (Notice…we do a lot of shopping!)We all opted for a bacon cheeseburger with soda or ice tea and a little carrot cake for dessert. Again we were on the dining plan so we wanted to make the best of it. After our dinner we headed to Space Mountain. Yep, most would have ridden this before eating but the wait was over forty minutes so there was plenty of time to digest.
Good ole bacon cheeseburger and fries at Cosmic Rays
DSCN0281.jpg

Carrot cake…cake was dry…frosting was grainy…ugh!
DSCN0283.jpg

Space Mountain photo
10-20-20112.jpg

We headed back to Frontier Land to go to a shop that Heather wanted to check out the first time but failed to mention it. We always seem to be zig-zag across the park after dark. I feel a bit disoriented at times and find you can go in circles and dead ends if you are not careful. My throbbing leg was getting the best of me. I began to wish that I hung onto that wheelchair but what was done was done. We approached the second parade and had to wait as the Headless Horseman was riding once more. My camera was in hand and I just watched him ride by. I guess I was tiring a bit.
Continued on next post...

Random Halloween shots
DSCN0288.jpg
DSCN0289.jpg
DSCN0290.jpg
DSCN0292.jpg
DSCN0297.jpg
DSCN0293.jpg
DSCN0295.jpg

By 11:30 we were making our way out of the park, stopping at every store that we passed. Before we knew it the crowd was pushing through and we were still shopping. I took some neat photos of the Train Station after dark, all spooked up as well as a cute Mickey Pumpkin balloon light. Then it was off to the buses and back to Coronado Springs where we had to stop at the store in El Centro and get Heather some medicine for her cold which didn’t seem to want to leave her.
Train Station
DSCN0300.jpg
DSCN0302.jpg
DSCN0301.jpg
DSCN0304.jpg

Mickey Boo
DSCN0309.jpg

Coming up next…Robert Irvine…Food and Wine Festival and after three tries…finally... Le Cellier…

Happy 2012 everyone....Let's get this TR rolling before we ring in 2013.:lmao:

October 21st...F&W with a little Robert Irvine on the side.

Despite that Heather was feeling ill the night before we were all up bright and early and eager to start our day at Epcot. This was going to be our first experience with the Food & Wine Festival and we were all looking forward to it. Having browsed the brochure and searched online prior I knew what we were looking at pretty much and also knew that our first stop would be the Festival Center where we could do some shopping of course, hoping to add to our pin and Vinylmation collection. But that would wait a bit as we headed directly to Soarin’ to grab a Fastpass. The wait at this point was barely 20 minutes so we got in line. After Soarin’ we headed to Test Track but it was down, so off to Spaceship Earth where we all got a chuckle out of our futuristic pictures. Back to Test Track which was still down, so off to Mission Space before it was time to honor our Soarin’ Fastpass. Wait line 90 minutes…Thank goodness for FP.

World Showcase would be opening in about a half hour so we made our way to the Festival Center and took our time looking through all the goodies. We found some cute pins and a Vinylmation that Heather and I had to have and since a Halloween Vinylmation was not offered I thought why not? After we made our purchases we picked up a F&W Passport and thought it would be fun to have it stamped at each country as we dined around World Showcase. It was then that we were circling the pavillion to see what else we could find when I heard a familiar voice.

OMG! Is that Robert Irvine? Well it was. He was doing a cooking demonstration for a few dozen lucky viewers that were seated within a gated area enjoying what I’m sure was a pricey show. I stood at the back and watched for awhile and then was joined by Heather and Dan who had wondered off. My new camera has a great zoom so I used it to get a better glimpse. Not realizing that as I stole some shots of the Food Channel icon that I was accidentally blocking someone’s view, who quite rudely reminded me that I was in their way. Now, had they not been rude I might have moved quicker. So here I am basically standing on one foot and here they are ( a man and his wife, I guess) sitting on a comfy bench watching from the back wall as if they expected that no one would dare cross their path. Needless to say I got my picture, shot them a dirty glare and left. When Dan found out he wasn’t happy and said he wished he had heard their comments. But it all ended peaceful and we left with out purchases and headed for WS and the F&W Festival.
F&W sign at Epcot entrance
DSCN0311.jpg

F&W Center signage
DSCN0320.jpg
DSCN0321.jpg
DSCN0319.jpg

Robert Ervine
DSCN0318.jpg

F&W pins and Vinylmation(not my picture but Heather and I did get the cute Vinylmation and both of these pins.)
food-and-wine-vinyl-1.jpg
food-and-wine-festival-merch.jpg

Once at World Showcase we found ourselves in front of the Australia booth. I wasn’t sure what to do but saw the cute little tables set up. So Dan grabbed a table and Heather and I started for our first country and we just continued eating and drinking around the World.
Australia
DSCN0323.jpg

Shrimp on the Barbie with Berry Pepper Citrus Glaze,
Grilled Lamb Chop with Potato-Goat Cheese Salad and Shiraz Reduction and Norman Estates Shiraz
DSCN0322.jpg

Caribbean
DSCN0327.jpg

Frozen Rock Coconut Mojito
DSCN0324.jpg

Frozen Dragon Berry Colada
DSCN0325.jpg

Heather enjoying her Mojito
DSCN0328.jpg

China
DSCN0332.jpg

Black Pepper Shrimp with Sichuan Noodles
DSCN0331.jpg

Pork Pot Stickers
DSCN0329.jpg

Xinjiang Barbecue Chicken Stick
DSCN0330.jpg

Poland
DSCN0335.jpg

Kielbasa and Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour Cream
DSCN0333.jpg

Belvedere Strawberry Chiller
DSCN0334.jpg

Italy
DSCN0338.jpg

Cannoli al Cioccolato(Chocolate Covered Cannoli Shell Filled with Sweet Ricotta Cheese, Chocolate, and Candied Fruit)
DSCN0337.jpg

To be continued on next post...

Wow...do these photos look bigger for some reason???
Hops and Barley
DSCN0341.jpg

Linda Bean’s Perfect Maine Lobster Roll, Pumpkin Mousse with Ocean Spray Craisins and Orange Sauce and Cream Stout
DSCN0340.jpg

Japan
DSCN0344.jpg

Spicy Tuna Roll, Sake: Junmai Ginjo Masumi, Tokyo Sunset
DSCN0343.jpg

New Zealand
DSCN0346.jpg

Seared Sea Scallop with Kumara-Red Curry Puree and Apple Radish Salad and Lamb Slider with Tomato Chutney
DSCN0345.jpg

Portugal
DSCN0348.jpg

Linguica Sausage with Onions, Peppers and Olives
DSCN0347.jpg

Belgium
DSCN0354.jpg

Steamed Mussels with Roasted Garlic Cream and a Baguette
DSCN0351.jpg

Belgium Waffle with Berry Compote and Whipped Cream, Guylian Belgian Chocolate Seashell Truffles and Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee
DSCN0350.jpg

Close-up of cute little shells which were actually seahorses
DSCN0353.jpg

France
DSCN0356.jpg

Escargots Persillade en Brioche (Garlic and Parsley Snails in Brioche)
DSCN0358.jpg

Crème Brûlée au Chocolat au Lait (Chocolate Milk Crème Brûlée topped with Caramelized Sugar)
DSCN0359.jpg

Parisian Cosmo Slush (Ciroc Vodka, Grand Marnier, Cranberry Juice)
DSCN0361.jpg

Ireland
DSCN0363.jpg

Lobster & Scallop Fisherman’s Pie and Guinness Draught
DSCN0362.jpg

We never planned on hitting all the booths but I did want to finish with Dessert and Champagne and Hawaii. The problem was we were full and I do mean full and in just a few hours we had ressie’s at Le Cellier. OMG…I wasn’t going to miss it again.

Coming up....our misadventures at Le Cellier...

Jumping on board... it was nice to FINALLY put a face to the name! :thumbsup2 So sorry you got injured! Hope it wasn't a break, as the way you described how the reaction occurred afterwards, getting lightheaded and woozy, reminded me of the time I broke my thumb.. I was the same way.. didn't feel anything until a half an hour afterwards...then the birdies started showing above my head. :rotfl:

Jumping on board... it was nice to FINALLY put a face to the name! :thumbsup2 So sorry you got injured! Hope it wasn't a break, as the way you described how the reaction occurred afterwards, getting lightheaded and woozy, reminded me of the time I broke my thumb.. I was the same way.. didn't feel anything until a half an hour afterwards...then the birdies started showing above my head. :rotfl:
Hi there and welcome to my TR. Getting ready for that next vacation? No...it wasn't a break. It is an extremely bruised bone. Blunt force trauma. Yes...I've been to see my doctor. If I'm lucky it might be healed by my trip this October... Yes...that long.:scared1:

Joining in! We are doing MNSSHP and F&W this Oct as well :thumbsup2
October is such a great time to go. The weather is great...you have Halloween at the MK and the F&W at Epcot. Can't wait to go back myself.:cool1:

Oct 21st Continued…

We left the F&W Festival and headed back to Test Track where finally after being down all day it was up and running and with a 20 minute wait, you couldn’t go wrong. Or could you? We hopped in line and waited….and waited….and waited. See where I’m going with this? It would seem that all Fast Passes had to be honored and then there was the free pass because it kept going down. What promised to be 20 minutes turned into 2 ½ hours and the people in line were getting restless and angry to say the least. Even when we were close…we weren’t and this is why. When we finally reached the top and got in line for the pre-show…yeah forgot about that one. I stood back and watched. For every 6 to 10 of the regular line 20 to 30 of the FP line was being admitted. Not fair you say?
Cute topiary leaving Word Showcase
DSCN0364.jpg

Our Test Track Pic(don't ask what Dan is doing???:rolleyes1)
31004880002.jpg

Heather in her future vechicle?
DSCN0365.jpg

By the time we rode and got outside it was dark and time for our Le Cellier ADR, at 8:50. We checked in a little early and took in the garden by night, still quite lovely. We made our way inside and was told it would be just a couple of minutes…more like a 40 and this was why. You see a bridal party came waltzing in, party of 8, I believe. They did not have reservations but lo and behold seems they were from Canada and miraculously they just happened to have a table for them but that meant that we were put on hold. I guess it just wasn’t our night. They was no place to sit as the bridal party and another party of 4 also waiting took up all the space. I tell you I was ready to sit on the desk if I wasn’t able to rest my leg soon. The host tried to be chatty asking us where we were from. When Dan answered Massachusetts it was odd that he became quite standoffish at that point. My imagination? I don’t think so. Why? Don’t know that either.

We were finally seated and greeted by our over zealous waiter. We chose to order cokes all around and then placed our orders. Our drinks arrived rather quickly followed by our apps. Heather had the Cheddar cheese soup which she said was unbelievable while I ordered the salad…so good. Dan had the Seared Diver Scallops and that didn’t turn out so well. First bite and I could hear the crunch from across the table. Yep…sand. The second scallop was great and the third…more sand. The problem wasn’t the sand though…when Dan told our waiter he was in utter disbelief to the point that he didn’t believe it could happen. “I assure you that this has never happened. The scallops are double washed.” Well someone dropped the ball. He did offer to bring him another but Dan wasn’t in the mood for more sand. On to entrees…Heather had the baked Halibut which was baked too long because it was dry. Dan and I had the famous Mushroom Filet Mignon over risotto. It was to die for. So incredibly good. We finished with dessert and left, deciding that after all the misses trying to dine here in the past that Le Cellier wasn’t for us and we would not be returning any time soon. Sorry Le Cellier lovers. It just wasn’t what we expected a signature dining experience should be.
Garden at night
DSCN0368.jpg
DSCN0374.jpg

Famous Pretzel bread and rolls with butter
DSCN0396.jpg

Seared Diver Scallops ~ with Wild Mushrooms, Black Garlic, Apple-radish Salad, Ephemere Beer Reduction
DSCN0399.jpg

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup ~ made with Moosehead Beer and Bacon
DSCN0398.jpg

“Chefs Gardens” Specialty Greens ~ with Peaches, Plums, Toasted Pecans and Goat Cheese
DSCN0400.jpg

“Le Cellier” Mushroom Filet Mignon ~ with Wild Mushroom Risotto, White Truffle-Butter Sauce and Micro Chervil
DSCN0402.jpg

Broiled Alaskan Halibut ~ with Long Bean, Cippolini Onions, Asparagus Tips and Shellfish Butter Sauce
DSCN0401.jpg

Trio of Chocolate ~ Canadian Club Chocolate Mousse, Chocolate Sorbet, Warm Chocolate-Almond Cake
DSCN0405.jpg

Lemon Cheesecake ~ with Citrus Salad and Mandarin Gelee
DSCN0406.jpg

Caramelized Apricot Peach Cake ~ with Stone Fruit Salad and Apricot Sorbet
DSCN0410.jpg

We slowly made our way out of Epcot, stopping to take a few pictures here and there. There was hardly anyone around except for the CM’s who were cleaning and organizing. It was a nice ending to a very long day.
DSCN0413.jpg
DSCN0414.jpg
DSCN0418.jpg

Next….Our Disney Hollywood Studios day…how many times can you actually ride Star Tours????

Joining in. I'm loving your pictures, especially of the fireworks! Can't wait to hear the rest of your trip.

Great pics of F&W--can you tell me how this works? Do you get a wristband or do you pay per item? I think your pictures could help me convince DH that we need to go to WDW in the fall.

Your picture of Robert Irvine made me laugh--is he poured into his shirt? :lmao:

I love how you took a picture of the country and then the food. It all looks so good.

Even though it's morning here I could so go for a bowl of that cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread.

Joining in. I'm loving your pictures, especially of the fireworks! Can't wait to hear the rest of your trip.
Thanks for reading...more coming up.:goodvibes
Great pics of F&W--can you tell me how this works? Do you get a wristband or do you pay per item? I think your pictures could help me convince DH that we need to go to WDW in the fall.

Your picture of Robert Irvine made me laugh--is he poured into his shirt? :lmao:
The F&W is free with admission to Epcot. We used our deluxe dining plan snack credits for the food at the booths and our KTTW card for the drinks. It worked out quite well. You should try it. We're going back this fall for our second go round. As fas a Robert Irvines shirt goes???Who cares.:lmao::love:
I love how you took a picture of the country and then the food. It all looks so good.

Even though it's morning here I could so go for a bowl of that cheddar cheese soup and pretzel bread.
I'm a photo nut if couldn't tell already. I seem to get a new camera each year trying for that perfect picture without going broke buying a DSLR. But I see one in my future.:cool1:

Oct 22nd….Disney Studios…Mama Melrose and a whole lot of Star Tours…

I crawled out of bed at the crack of dawn, grabbed my camera and snuck outside. I wanted to capture some sunrise photos that I had seen posted on the boards. So much better in person I must say. I used various articles to get my beautiful shots…a post top, a trash can…whatever I could fine to get the clearest shots of the sunrise over the lagoon at Coronado Springs. I went back to our room and got my crew moving. I heard a clunk from behind the bathroom door followed by a low, “Oh no.” A few minutes later I found out the somehow Dan ripped the TP holder off the wall so now we had to make a stop at guest services. I explained what happened to a smirking CM who took forever to find the right code for the incident and schedule a repair, ending with a cheery, “Have a magical day and please don’t break anymore things in our hotel room."
CSR…early morning
DSCN0424.jpg
DSCN0428.jpg

Sunrise
DSCN0429.jpg
DSCN0432.jpg
DSCN0431.jpg

Beautiful resort
DSCN0434.jpg
DSCN0435.jpg
DSCN0436.jpg
DSCN0438.jpg

Once at the Studios, we were greeted by some cute topiaries of Mater and Lightening McQueen, then we made a beeline to Star Tours. I might add that this was also an extra magic hours morning and I couldn’t believe that Heather and Dan were up and at ‘em but sick or not Heather swore she would ride ST at least a million times. Lol! When we arrived the line was basically just beginning. We grabbed a Fast Pass and headed on in. With ride #1 finished and the line still short we turned around and started ride #2, but once buckled in we realized that Dan’s belt would not hold so the three of us got off and waited to board the next shuttle. Once on board and buckled in securely we got a laugh when CP30 announced the rebel spy and displayed a very unflattering photo of myself for all to see. After my embarrassment it was decided that we would go for #3 before heading to Starring Rolls Bakery for some coffee and a snack or two. After all three rides in less than 1 hour…pretty good. Time to eat.
Cute Topiaries
DSCN0439.jpg
DSCN0441.jpg

Starring Rolls was packed but as we got into the long line a table opened and I claimed it. Heather chose to sit while Dan and I stood in line. She said she wanted nothing but I knew better than that. So many goodies…so hard to choose…I’ll take three of each please.
Cherry Turnover
DSCN0454.jpg

Cheese Danish
DSCN0456.jpg

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcake
DSCN0460.jpg

What’s inside
DSCN0461.jpg

Napoleon…Heather’s fav
DSCN0457.jpg

Chocolate/chocolate chip muffin
DSCN0459.jpg

I guess you could say we were hungry but Dan polished off most of it. Once we finished our coffee and snacks (all on the snack plan by the way) we were off to ride Twilight Zone Tower of Terror…twice, then it was time for our Star Tours Fast Pass where we all rode #4, grabbed yet another FP and rode again. At this time I’m feeling pretty good. I expected to get sick but didn’t. Dan and Heather were trying to figure out how many scenarios we had witnessed but it was time to move on. There was still so much park to see.
TOT
DSCN0462.jpg
DSCN0463.jpg
DSCN0464.jpg
DSCN0465.jpg

The man himself
DSCN0448.jpg

Star Tours queue
DSCN0451.jpg
DSCN0453.jpg

Continued next post...

Rock ‘n Rollercoaster was jammed so we walked around, did some shopping and before we knew it our ADR for Mama Melrose was popping up. This was a new dining experience for us and I wasn’t sure what to expect.

We checked in and were seated only minutes later. I love the atmosphere of this restaurant. Bright and sunny in the awaiting area but then you enter and the ambiance just draws you in. The dark wood and red and white checked table cloths as well as little white lights strung throughout. I was very impressed. We came here for what seemed like fantastic flatbreads and we were not disappointed. We ordered a carafe of sangria along with appetizers. Then there was bread with a wonderful dipping oil and those flatbreads…just as I had hoped they would be. So delish. We finished with desserts and on our way out gave our compliments to the chef…explaining our disappointment in Le Cellier the night before. They sounded shocked…then grateful…then shocked again. But we really enjoyed dining at Mama Melrose’s and will definitely be returning.
Mama Melrose Menu
DSCN0472.jpg
DSCN0473.jpg

Sangria for 3 or more
DSCN0486.jpg

Bread and Oil
DSCN0491.jpg

Fresh Mozzarella and Vine-ripened Tomatoes with Marinated Sweet Onions, Balsamic Drizzle, Basil-scented Olive Oil, and Sweet Basil Leaves
DSCN0488.jpg

Crispy Calamari For Two topped with Peppers and Onions served with a side of spicy Marinara and Sauces

DSCN0490.jpg

Grilled Chicken Flatbread with Sun-dried Tomato Pesto, Pancetta, Asiago Cheese, and fresh Chives
DSCN0492.jpg

Wild Mushroom and Arugula Flatbread with Balsamic Sweet Onions and Goat Cheese Pesto
DSCN0493.jpg

Pizza Margherita with fresh Mozzarella, Tomato Sauce, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and fresh Basil
DSCN0494.jpg
DSCN0500.jpg

Chocolate Cannoli Cake Chocolate Cake filled with Cannoli Filling and Nutella served with a Chianti Red Wine Sauce and garnished with a Hazelnut Florentine
DSCN0506.jpg

Gelato Spumoni
DSCN0505.jpg

A little Mama's ambience
DSCN0480.jpg
DSCN0485.jpg
DSCN0499.jpg

After our fantastic meal we headed over to the Back Lot Tour. I hadn’t ridden this one since 97 and I believe for Dan it was our honeymoon in 89. The MGM Studios had just opened the day before our wedding. It was brand new back then. When we were leaving Catastrophe Canyon we realized the Stunt show was in progress…oops we missed it again. That was the last show of the day. We looked through the great props and then headed over to take in The Beauty and the Beast stage show. Beauty and the Beast has always been Heather’s favorite Disney movie, as a little girl and now a young woman. We had to see it again for nostalgia sake and she was too young to remember it back then.
Random Back Lot Tour shots
DSCN0511.jpg
DSCN0520.jpg
DSCN0525.jpg
DSCN0528.jpg
DSCN0529.jpg
DSCN0537.jpg
DSCN0541.jpg
DSCN0542.jpg
DSCN0544.jpg
DSCN0546.jpg

Continued next post

Beauty and the Beast
DSCN0007.jpg
DSCN0557.jpg
DSCN0560.jpg
DSCN0561.jpg
DSCN0564.jpg
DSCN0573.jpg
DSCN0577.jpg
DSCN0585.jpg
DSCN0601.jpg
DSCN0002.jpg
DSCN0004.jpg
DSCN0006.jpg

We left the show and I thought where we might go next, reminding Heather and Dan that the park did not close at 7 like we thought but at 9. But we also had dinner ressie’s for Yachtsman Steakhouse at 9ish so if we were to make it in time we would have to leave about an hour or more ahead of time. They made their way to the other side of the park and what else…Star Tours…OMG…more? 5 times not enough??? Really? Reluctantly I rode #6 and this time Heather got to be the rebel spy. Her pic was just about as bad as mine. I didn’t feel so bad. We I came out after #7 that was it. I felt queezy and just wanted to sit. I thought we were leaving for Yachtsman but then I saw the looks on my little girl and my little guys face when they still had Fast Passes. I decided to sit it out as they disappeared into the abyss know as Star Tours and finding a bench nearby I plunked myself down with my shopping beside me and my cell phone in hand.
More Star Tours
DSCN0012.jpg
DSCN0020.jpg
DSCN0016.jpg

I waited for quite a while but what happened next made it worth it. All through the day the Studios held the Jedi Training Camp and now that it was dark made no difference. I sat there when all of a sudden I heard that familiar music, the dark, unmistakable tones. Darth Vader had arrived as he did all day. The difference was I was watching this time. They seemed to come out of the woodwork, from near and far, dragging their children by their little hands, running across the park pushing strollers, sometimes double ones. So many men and fathers running as fast as their little legs would carry them all in the hopes of seeing Vader. It was quite a scene. You really had to be there.
So close to 8:30 my little ones appeared. Having ridden another 3 times they were quite happy and didn’t seem to mind that we were about to loose another ADR which I had so carefully planned months ago. They rode ST 10 times in one day and I only made it to 7...oh well.
We made our way out of the park, closing it out and shopping along the way. Once back to our resort we needed something for dinner and returned to the Pepper Market for another wonderful and filling dinner. We had to head back and call it a night because I had to pack up and get ready for tomorrows check-out.
Leaving the DHS
DSCN0026.jpg

Vinylmation Station
DSCN0027.jpg
DSCN0039.jpg

Market Nachos - chicken, Pico de Gallo, sour cream, jalapenos and cheese sauce
DSCN0034.jpg

Chicken Quesadillas - grilled chicken, peppers, onions and cheese
DSCN0035.jpg

Steak Burrito - savory steak, rice, beans and cheese with ranchero sauce
DSCN0036.jpg

Pomegranate Mojito
DSCN0037.jpg

A couple of hidden Mickey’s
DSCN0040.jpg
DSCN0042.jpg

Our little friends ready for bed
DSCN0030.jpg

Next….Goodbye Coronado Springs….Hello Disney Dream!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter