Defective Dooney & Bourke Purses

I bought a purple sketch purse in November from MK and one of the pouches on the inside had the leather lining separate from it after a day of use. I mailed it to D&B and about a month later I got the same purse back (on Christmas Eve actually, lol), fixed, same purse I sent, and it was free of charge as they cover any replacements or repairs for the first year after you purchase it.

I have the large size and haven't used it yet-I guess i better get it out.
Is that the one that had the problems? Thanks for posting the information

My DCL Dooney is also peeling, on the handles of the tassle purse. I just peeled that part off and I'm keeping it...I love the placement of mine and don't want to risk getting a different one back. You can't see where I peeled it off really. Not ideal but :confused3

I have the large size and haven't used it yet-I guess i better get it out.
Is that the one that had the problems? Thanks for posting the information

I have the second largest purse and it is starting to peel on the shoulder straps. It is something that I noticed. My husband couldn't see it until I pointed it out to him. It isn't bad (yet) but I didn't know how strict DB was about a 1 year warantee.

We're going to cruise next month and I want to bring my purse with me so I'll wait until afterwards to send it in.

I don't know how they CAN be strict on timeline? With my other Dooneys I've gotten a card to register them and they all say that they will fix them forever, not one year? Since you never register these Disney bags how do they know when you purchased them?

At least it has gotten better. When they first came out a couple years ago I called to tell them I didn't get a reg. card and needed to add the bag to my file. They told me they were not covered by the Dooney warantee!! :scared1:

There is a place to register them online. It asks for the number on the tag inside the purse and some other info. Fortunately I had left the sticker at the bottom of my bag so still had the info.

Well, I got one of the bags last weekend on our cruise and I just noticed that the red is peeling off already. I was hoping they had fixed the issue by now, but it looks like it's worse. I mean, 1 week? Really? A $20 purse from Walmart or Target lasts longer.

Well, I got one of the bags last weekend on our cruise and I just noticed that the red is peeling off already. I was hoping they had fixed the issue by now, but it looks like it's worse. I mean, 1 week? Really? A $20 purse from Walmart or Target lasts longer.

The purses were released less than a year ago and it sounds like most people didn't know they could have their purses repaired so I'm not sure that DB knew there was a problem to fix. There is no excuse for peeling after one week. I would definitely contact DB about it.

The purses were released less than a year ago and it sounds like most people didn't know they could have their purses repaired so I'm not sure that DB knew there was a problem to fix. There is no excuse for peeling after one week. I would definitely contact DB about it.

Yeah, I'm going to call them on Wed. Won't get a chance tomorrow since I have class until 4:30.

I Love my Disney D & B purses, and I haven't had any problems yet. Guess I better keep checking them

Received a letter last week from D&B stating that they would replace my zipper, which is good because I love my pattern. I e-mailed them a copy of my USPS shipping receipt for reimbursement, but haven't received a reply about that yet.

Waiting patiently to get it back :)

Yikes! My sketch bag got a little dirty and despite the advice of soap on the D&B site, I couldn't get it clean but it's not horrible. My new balloon bag is okay so far....it seems to be made of a different coating that appears to be more washable. Here's hoping.

I was really hoping to get a DCL one on my cruise in May. I will probably not be able to resist. Do all styles have the red sealant? Oh I don't know why I'm asking...I love red and would probably be unable to resist one with red even if there was one without!!

Interesting thread about the quality of D&B bags.

I like the Disney patterns, but I wish they were printed on a nice sturdy cotton canvas tote bag. D&B plastic-like coated bags just seem cheap. I guess that even though they are very expensive, the indeed are cheaply made bags!

I had the same problem last year. I bought a D&B on the Wonder and within 2 weeks, the red on the handle was peeling off. I still had my receipt and I did not want D&B to replace my bag, since I had chosen it specifically for where the characters were located on the bag. I called DCL and they directed me to guest services/mail order. I returned the bag and my account was credited back. Hopefully, this helps

I have a bag from the park and it's yellowing, and I didn't notice it at the time but I didn't get the strap for it and the charm is also missing. I didn't know that it was supposed to have those until I got my DCL purse and saw that it had it. I don't really care about the shoulder strap since I wouldn't use it anyways but I would love to get the charm and to get another one since it is yellowing and I've only had it since September (it was a birthday present to myself).

You should be able to send the yellowing bag back to D&B for repair/replacement. As far as the charm, I haven't seen any with charms, except a couple of styles have the D&B Duck on a leather loop. The strap, if it was supposed to come with one and didn't, D&B may be able to help you out there, too.

Sounds like another well made:rolleyes1 product from CHINA!..........but I don't know that for a fact, just judging from all the other poor craftsmanship in products we get from there!

Yet, as silly Americans we keep buying the junk!

Try buying USA, even if it costa a bit more, The job you save maybe your own!:thumbsup2

AKK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter