DeeVeeCee

Every time I read one of these Deevy Cee threads, I wonder what's wrong with me and my family? We think she's a hoot! I even sent my sister the link to the Animal Kingdom Villas video, so she could see what kind of accommodations we were staying in, and her family thought it was funny too. Since I'm a Midwestern woman of a certain age, I have a lot in common with the character, but I never thought that my sister would think I was Deevy Cee.

Then again, I tend to laugh at myself a lot, so maybe I just take the whole thing less seriously than some?

The actress that plays Deevy is the host of theDHS video. She's playing an over the top 30s gossip columnist, with many of the same mannerisms that Deevy has,but a little more Hollywood glamour. She also has a part as Hester, wife of Chester, and " operator" of the Dinoland USA attraction. If you've seen her two characters that we're portrayed in 2004, you'd know that that's the type of role and humor that the actress performs well in, and is part-and-parcel of the Streetmospheres routine.

Okay, as a Streetmospheres character in HS I'd laugh at her. The character fits the setting. As a spokesperson for DVC ... nope, doesn't fit at all ... or, more specifically, doesn't fit for too many people. Marketting tools that polarize people into two opposite camps are really bad ideas.

Now as for who would make a good spokesperson ...

As funny as Greysword's suggestion of Scrooge McDuck was, it could be spun to make him fit. Scrooge wants to save a bunch of money on his vacations ... DVC is the answer!

Tigger, too could work. Bouncing from resort to resort.

As for live action, the hostess for all those "Top things to do" videos is great to watch (I forget her name <not Samantha Brown> she's a brunette and hosts a whole bunch of different Disney vids)

I've never seen her before, saw the video link from the front page. Wow she's awful. Maybe this should have gotten Jim Lewis fired, forget the poor accounting!! I don't know why anyone would think she would bring in sales or add-ons. Really pathetic. She would make you stop looking before it got to whatever they are trying to pitch!

OK... So did they get rid of her? We haven't seen any new videos by her lately. They had Samantha Brown doing the Webcast for Aulani. Samantha is so much more of a classy person and does travel videos and shows so much better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter