DeeVeeCee

mousenyc

Earning My Ears
Who the heck is DeeVeeCee and what does she look like? Can someone discribe this character? Anyon have pictures? I have to see this for myself.

Wow ... it took me about 3 seconds to turn that off once she started talking. I understand that some people find her funny, and that's great, everyone's different. But I also fully understand why there's so many calling for her replacement. You'd think there'd be a spokesperson that's more "Disney" and less .... less .... DeeVeeCee

Who the heck is DeeVeeCee and what does she look like? Can someone discribe this character? Anyon have pictures? I have to see this for myself.

She is the most annoying thing I have ever seen come from Disney. She has this really high pitch voice that makes me cringe every time I hear it. So as you can tell I am not a fan at all.

grates on my nerves.....they have to be able to find us a better mascot...maybe I'll have my brother whip one up...

I think she's one of the street performers that got lost in the shuffle with the changeover from "MGM" to "Hollywood Studios" and when they found her they had to put her to work doing something.....:)

I am sure she is a nice lady doing an acting job but I agree she makes me want to run away, not stay and listen to what she is saying.

I am sure she is a nice lady doing an acting job but I agree she makes me want to run away, not stay and listen to what she is saying.
I agree, and I hope you're right. If she's NOT acting...poor thing!

Can't stand her.....are we paying her salary???????? If so I want my annual dues pro-rated!!

Can't stand her.....are we paying her salary???????? If so I want my annual dues pro-rated!!

I'm pretty sure she's paid by DVD and not us. Why would we have to pay her salary or per/gig fee?

Funny thing is, I've made numerous posts in the past criticizing her character and how it diminishes the product's appeal to it's intended audience and I've been called out on it several times with people sticking up for her. glad to see some people that finally agree with me.

Personally, I think it's an insult to everybody that buys DVC to even be associated with such a stereotyped finatic and arguably, an idiot portrayed that way on purpose. Maybe it's just me but I DESPISE her.

Now I understand why everyone dislikes her!:scared1: Like the OP, I didn't know who she was.

I'm pretty sure she's paid by DVD and not us. Why would we have to pay her salary or per/gig fee?

Funny thing is, I've made numerous posts in the past criticizing her character and how it diminishes the product's appeal to it's intended audience and I've been called out on it several times with people sticking up for her. glad to see some people that finally agree with me.

Personally, I think it's an insult to everybody that buys DVC to even be associated with such a stereotyped finatic and arguably, an idiot portrayed that way on purpose. Maybe it's just me but I DESPISE her.

I did not care for the presentation using her from the very beginning. Some I think, feel we don't like the woman. Don't know her, but just do not care for the fact that DVC thinks this is the right way to attract new members.

And I have heard numerous times first hand from DVC employees, not second or on forums that Jim Lewis thought it was a good representation of the current membership.

Which I found insulting just as I did the comment we as members were not smart enough to use staggered banking.

So I hope the new regime will consider something more professional.

For I feel based on the members here and others I know that DVC members are by and far a very educated group of consumers and that Dee Vee Cee does not represent that at all.

I guess you can tell how I feel about her. :lmao:

I think she is just plain goofy and silly. I dont mind chuckling a little to her corny jokes!

I have a theory that the character was originally designed to be performed by a man in drag, but being Disney they couldn't do that. I think I would enjoy it more if it were a man in drag.

I have a theory that the character was originally designed to be performed by a man in drag, but being Disney they couldn't do that. I think I would enjoy it more if it were a man in drag.

Now if it were Dame Edna, I'd find it funny though still completely unrelated to Disney. I don't understand why they didn't use a Disney character :confused3

I think Deevy was a lame idea of JLs because she came in about the same time. She was an embarrassement to DVC marketing. My immediate reaction was it was a sexist slam at middle aged women. That isn't a very family friendly image for either Disney OR DVC which is supposed to be a family vacation club.

In our family we don't just like her, we love her. The imagination that went into her creation is part of the creative difference between DVC and other timeshare companies. She is only one of many marketing techniques used by the company. She isn't the spokesperson for DVC but the self proclaimed first lady. Laughing at her delusions is part of the fun.

We loved seeing her at the terminal at the member cruise along with her daughter Ariel See.

She reminds me of Peggy Bundy (from Married with Children). I can see why she annoys many people, but take her as entertainment. Be glad that she isn't part of your family.

She seems to be more suited to Universal Studios than Disney to me....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter