• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating your resort room?

Just got back from the BWV. Took little white (xmas ) lights and an extention cord to decorate the balcony. It was a great welcome home every night!
We had a grandgathering sign for our doors, but someone took 2 of the 3 of them off two of the doors to our units, and I can't understand that at all.

Next trip is Pop in September. Don't know if we'll do anything there...the windows are awfully small for this light loving person.

Re Xmas: a lot of DVCers will leave their decorated Xmas trees for someone checking in after them. I can't see why that should be limited to DVC...so maybe a sign up thread needs to be started re Xmas tree transfers at any/all of the resorts.

Went to Home Depot today to buy plants. Macraven must be in NJ because they were all out of Alien Green Mickeys! ;) :lmao:

As far as what to do with them, you can tape/magnet them to the door and write your names (1 per Mickey) or leave them for other Disers to sign. Or pin them to backpacks, etc. Whatever you like! :goodvibes

You guys are coming up with some awesome ideas!

Has anyone here used photoshop to make signs? I've come up with some ideas, but haven't made any yet.

gee, i missed the place in NJ..........i should but that one on my list :rolleyes1

i attach a pencil to twine and tape/duct it to the door.
i make a sign for anyone stopping by to write something on one of the mickey heads and their hometown/state.

i cut my mickey heads out so i just have them as the outline of the head.
i put them on my door.

for the window, i decorate from the inside.
i do larger pictures within a circle of mickey heads.

my door is lime green mickeys to let disers know who i am
on the window there are assorted colors.

i am looking for a big lime green bow to tie around my doorknob outside the door.

so someone in NJ is taking away a little childs lime green dreams too??!! :teeth:

The POP windows are a bit small, but a light lovin' person could make it look SPECTACULAR!!! we always have fun :)

Alrighty all i'm off to bed and if you live in Elgin near the HD on Randall Road, sorry i took all the ALien Greens today!!!!!!!

Nitey nite!

Window Clings Would be Really Easy to Pack & Take !
And, I went to Home Depot Today in White Lake, Michigan....Finally Saw the Infamous Green Mickey Head Behr Paint Sample!!
Me & My 4 yr old DD had a blast getting 1 or 2 of every color, and a handful of the DIS Green, Those are perfect !
Thanks for the Suggestion ! :thumbsup2 :wave2:

carrie_106 said:
Where did you order the lights from? I would love to have some for our trip in November. Thanks!

I also ordered 2 more sets of of Ebay: 1 set has just Mickey , 2nd set has Mickey, Donald , Goofy

this sounds like so much fun! so you just pretty much put the mickeys on your door? Do you put instructions on what to do with them? lol might be stupid questions but im still a little confused. I'm going to do the dry erase board idea...anyone have trouble with people stealing the dry erase marker? I'm totally going to go get some lime green mickey heads tomorrow!! lol window clings and mickey lights here i come too! anyone staying at pop around sep 12-18th?? thats when ill be there let me know and we can stop by and sign each others boards!!!

About the lights on EBAY, what did you type in the SEARCH window? thanks!!

this sounds like so much fun! so you just pretty much put the mickeys on your door? Do you put instructions on what to do with them? lol might be stupid questions but im still a little confused. I'm going to do the dry erase board idea...anyone have trouble with people stealing the dry erase marker? I'm totally going to go get some lime green mickey heads tomorrow!! lol window clings and mickey lights here i come too! anyone staying at pop around sep 12-18th?? thats when ill be there let me know and we can stop by and sign each others boards!!!

We have never had our Marker stolen, but just in case we did bring extras :teeth: Crayola sells a 3 pack of Green/Red/Blue and they work GREAT!!! and they come in a plastic case!!!

Yup, you put the mickey heads on your door, in your window, on your luggage, strollers wherever you can think of put one there! it gives you more chances of being spotted :teeth:

Have fun!!!! If you want to find some people to meet up with or just to see who is going, go on the resorts board and post your dates or something like that and see who will be there! i did it and we have alist of 11 pages going alread!! woohoo!!!

I'll have to remember to pack tape & markers etc.....
Thanks for all the wonderful ideas !!!
I think my kids will get a big kick out of this too !!
AND we have 2 other families & we are trying of a cute way we all say we are together as a group.....
Any Ideas ???

About the lights on EBAY, what did you type in the SEARCH window? thanks!!

I searched Disney Christmas lights, also mickey string lights, mickey christmas lights, disney hoiday lights

I defininatly love all your ideas to decorate your rooms and doors. I'll make sure we do it up well. I guess I need to make a few more trips back to home depot! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

BelleenBuzz-->

you could think of something to call your vacay and put a sign saying it in the windows?! like 'WORLD Trippers do POP' KWIM??

Have fun!!! decorating is the best part of arrival day for us!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter