Decorating your resort room?

my4kids said:
I feel sorry for everyone in the mid-west that had their hearts set on green disney paint. You all realize that they are going to stop making the paint chips Mickey shaped since they are hard to keep on the shelf....Can't you all just get a Mickey shaped die-cutter and some green construction paper? - Or put the kids to work with their little scissors using 1 paint chip as the stencil? - I know I sound petty, but 240 paint chips in the same color seems excessive and wasteful. I'm just thinking of the poor parents standing there picking out paint for the kids room wondering why there is no green.

nope, i see it differently.
i shopped for 59 other ladies.

macraven said:
nope, i see it differently.
i shopped for 59 other ladies.

And since I am one of those other ladies, I thank you! Let's see 240 divided by 59, that's only like 4 a piece!

It would be such a shame if a mom would have to take a square green sample instead of a mickey head :sad2:

add me as a sticker stealer. :blush:
i'm also shopping for 59 women and like them to have 5 or 6 each!

i guess i'm keeping some kid in Rockford from having his dream of a LIME green room??!?! They still have the sample that is behind the little plastic thing...

anyways, i mail mine out to a lot of people without HDs by them.

Happy swiping everyone :)

PooohBear said:
It would be such a shame if a mom would have to take a square green sample instead of a mickey head :sad2:

i totally agree..........a regular green sample is just not the same as the green mickey head sample............

i have been inspired.

i must go to home depot in the morning for more mickey heads.

thanks to that poster i have seen the light.
i need more mickey heads, i really don't have enough.

the 59 ladies should have more than only 5 each.
how in the world can they decorate their resort door and window with that few?

And cover their strollers...luggage...purses...diaper bags....scrapbooks and such?!?!

ahh yes, i am heading to the next town over to snag some too!!! does it make it any better if i take a few of the other colors?!?! :teeth:

ooo now there is an idea, cross state lines for me!!! i will head over to Beloit..and then Janesville....Look out HD i'm taking over!!!! ;)

take all the colors you want.........they are there for the taking.

i have a lot of black and white. i think that effect is so kewl

and i have 4 different shades of red. come on, who paints an entire room red and like they would paint it lime green also???
make that alien lime green........

the purples are nice also. did you know they have 7 shades of purple?

be sure to get the purples, reds, and assorted colors when you shop tomorrow!!

don't let me down

no one can ever say we discrimenate.

we love all the mickey head color samples !!!!

I have almost 100 mickey heads now. They are not all the same lime/alien green though. I have other colors.

No child is going to be deprived of a green room either. If you have ever been to an HD then you would realize that there are in fact several shades of the green. The alien green is only one of many and I'd be willing to bet it's not really their most popular when it comes to actually painting your room that shade.

There are also square paint samples of all the various green shades, so no one is going to be missing out on a green room if that is what they desire. They are put there to take. It's really not that big of a deal.

Ok, now I have to goto home depo and check this out.

Back to decorating... We are staying in a villa for the first time. Its also our
first Christmas trip.

We are taking a small tree and strings of lights to hang inside and out.

Im so excited!

I saw decorated windows at the All-Star Music Resort. One was really cool!
Someone took the curtains and tied them in a way to put stuffed aninmals on each side. They had a string of white lights around the window.

haha thanks guys something else for this disney plan-a-holic to do haha! now i gotta go to home depot and get more green mickeys and start planning my door/window design. Anyone else at POP the same time as me come and find my window!!! :teeth:

What Other Ideas for Putting Stuff in Window ???
That is NOT Halloween or Christmas or Birthday????
Any Other Suggestions ???
PLUS, travelling via airplane so can't take along big stuffed animals or anything to bulky....
It would be fun for my kids too !!
Where can you find DISNEY Window Clings ???
THANKS A BIG OLE BUNCH :love: :lovestruc :thumbsup2

What Other Ideas for Putting Stuff in Window ???
That is NOT Halloween or Christmas or Birthday????
Any Other Suggestions ???PLUS, travelling via airplane so can't take along big stuffed animals or anything to bulky....It would be fun for my kids too !!
Where can you find DISNEY Window Clings ???
THANKS A BIG OLE BUNCH

I think awhile back, someone mentioned how to make your own clings and someone said they found them at Wal-Mart and Dollar General??

There are some great ideas throughout this whole thread, we sometimes go off topic (YIKES!) anyways. Try white or pastel colored string lights to get your window 'framed' then how about some stuffed animals on the window sill? (if you travel with any) or i have often seen people put a WDW balloon in the window (you don't have to take it htere and you buy it once at the WORLD!!) the lights take up no space though. Make a few signs on mickey head shaped paper with your DIS name on them. We like to put pics in our windows too!!

If your curtains are going to be closed the whole time you can safety pin things to the inner curtain to be displayed in the window (we once just pinned DDs Minnie mouse costume in the window) we've pinned mickey ears too!!

HTH!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter