• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Decorating your resort room?

Target's Dollar Spot has a butt-load of CUTE Halloween decorations. I scored these really cute tinsel hanging cat, ghosts, and pumpkin, and some foam BOO signs. Plus they have mini strobe lights for $2.50. They run on AA batteries, so I guess I need to stock up on those as well.

Does anyone know the measurements of the windows at the POP? Just a general idea would be great.

Thanks for the help
~tammy

I go every fall with DH and we never decorate our windows. . .

BUT, I also go every winter with my mom and we DEFINITELY do! :goodvibes

This year, we're planning on making a window scene at Beach Club that includes all the Barbie princesses. We're not going until February, but when we do, I promise we'll come back with pictures!

Last year, we didn't decorate the window - but we did create a winter wonderland scene of the Department 54 Disney houses and characters. It was her birthday, and she didn't know why I had lugged an entire extra suitcase onto the flight. . .surprise!!!! :rotfl:

HMM, I WILL HAVE TO CHECK ours, last week they still had school stuff out....Just need/want a few cheap things...:thumbsup2
we will be there Oct 26-oct 31

Target's Dollar Spot has a butt-load of CUTE Halloween decorations. I scored these really cute tinsel hanging cat, ghosts, and pumpkin, and some foam BOO signs. Plus they have mini strobe lights for $2.50. They run on AA batteries, so I guess I need to stock up on those as well.

I almost hate to ask this question......For those of you that hang wreaths on your room doors. Have you ever had one messed up or taken? I have really been looking forward to taking a wreath for my door at POFQ. I would hate to have anything happen to it.

I almost hate to ask this question......For those of you that hang wreaths on your room doors. Have you ever had one messed up or taken? I have really been looking forward to taking a wreath for my door at POFQ. I would hate to have anything happen to it.

Hi there! I had several things on my door that were fine for the 6 days we were at POFQ over Christmas! I had even put up a Disney Xmas dry erase board and it was great to find messages from people in the morning!! Make sure you take pics to post! :)

Ok, so I've searched and am having trouble finding the pictures. Someone posted a picture of lights and a Mickey wreath on their balcony. What I am wondering is where would you plug the lights in??? Is there a plug in on the balcony or do you have to plug them in in the room, therefor only being able to have the lights on when your in the room?

i did go yesterday and nothing....just havent gotten anything out in our target in the dollar section...ill check again in a few weeks...

HMM, I WILL HAVE TO CHECK ours, last week they still had school stuff out....Just need/want a few cheap things...:thumbsup2
we will be there Oct 26-oct 31

We are going right after Thanksgiving this year and my sister wants to decorate our window at POFQ. What do you think would be good, or tasteful to put in the windows there? Another thing is how do you put stuff in the windows? How do you hang everything without it messing up the window or walls around it? Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

We are going to CSR from Dec 2-9 and I plan on decoraating our window for Christmas. Is anyone else going to be there around that time? I hope we aren't the only ones decorated while we are there. I look forward to going around to the different resorts and seeing all the Christmas decorations. I can't believe we only have 35 days before we go!!!! It feels like it will never get here!

I saw some great window clings and mini stockings and other small and window-clingy type Disney Christmas things at Walmart the other day! You guys might wan to check it out :banana:

I saw some great window clings and mini stockings and other small and window-clingy type Disney Christmas things at Walmart the other day! You guys might wan to check it out :banana:

What section were they at your store?

We are going right after Thanksgiving this year and my sister wants to decorate our window at POFQ. What do you think would be good, or tasteful to put in the windows there? Another thing is how do you put stuff in the windows? How do you hang everything without it messing up the window or walls around it? Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

we stayed there last year before halloween and decorated our windows. i bought a pack of suction cup hooks at the dollar tree and hung our decorations from them. we've also done those gel window stickers. I remember being disappointed that my window was so big and my decorations so small. I know I took photos, but can't find them now. I know you have a double window, but can't remember how big it actually is.

we'll be there december 11th and i plan on decorating our window and my parents window. we saw tons of windows decorated - lots of fun to wander around and check out windows!!

Some neat ideas in this thread (though I have not gotten through the whole thing yet!)

Does anybody know the dimensions of the ASMo windows?

Thanks!!

We will be at POFQ Nov 26 to Dec 4!!:cool1: If you see a window decorated with Winnie the Pooh, snowmen and bunnies window clings, that's us!!! :thumbsup2

I am too excited to sleep!!!!:laughing:

Does anyone know if the doors at AKL have any metal in them (for magnets)? If not, how would you afix anything? Pls let me know - I really want to decorate our door for Christmas!

The doors at AKL have an African shield on them that takes up a lot of room. You could put things around it, but I'm not sure if it's metal or not. It's also pretty dark in the hallways so your decorations might not show up very well.

Click link and scroll down to see photos of the doors:

http://www.aklresort.com/content/rooms

I'd bring clings to decorate the sliding glass doors to the balcony instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter