deck 5 verandah...how close to the water

Mysticalbeauty3

Earning My Ears
just curious if anyone has stayed in rooms 5128 and its connector during some rough seas or anything...i hear the seas have been pretty rough lately im usually on deck 8 we have never been this low and was just curious to how close to the water and if anyone has any comments about this room!

Can't post on that particular room, but we've always stayed on deck 5 -- I don't think the water was "particularly close" -- don't think you're going to get splashed, etc. We had some rough seas on one trip and never felt like we couldn't be out on the verandah.

We were on a cruise with up to 30 foot waves. Our server from Palo commented the next day that while jogging on the Promenade deck (deck 4), she could feel the spray from the tops of the really big waves. We were on deck 6 and while the boat was rocking quite a bit, I never felt like a wave was going to wash over our verandah. Hope this eases your mind a bit.

Here is a rough estimation...

Each deck is about 10 feet.
Deck 1 is about 10 feet off the water line.
Therefore Deck 5 is about 50 feet above the water line.

thanks ya i just wasnt sure if we would be sprayed or not during rough seas....but looks like we wont be having to worry bout that!

I do know from my interviews that the crew quaters have no windows. So I suspect that since there are now windows my room is going to be either just above, right at, or below the water line. Luckily there is so much going on onboard I will be doing little else in my room besides showering and sleeping.

I'm going to guess that there are not any crew cabins below the water line.

If you look as the Deck Plans for Deck 1, you will notice that there is only a few cabins for the public. I suspect that the bulk of the crew's cabins are on Deck 1. I also know that there is at least a Deck A, B, C and D (Deck A I think is just below Deck 1). Based on Deck 1 being 10' above the water line, that would put Deck A @ the water line. I would think that would be enough cabin space for the rest of the crew.

Besides, you're going to want to save space below the water line for heavy equipment such as generators, engines, motors, water storage, etc.

From what I have been told Crew Cabins are on Deck A... and they are VERY small .... so I would imagine that MOST of the crew is all on Deck A. Maybe a few of the staff who are higher up in rank / authority, have quarters on Deck 1? I guess I will find out in T-minus 87 DAYS!!!!!! :bounce:

In 30 ft. seas, the waves would be crashing over the porthole windows in the cabins on deck 1 and 2? That must be a sight!!

Originally posted by HooKooDooKu
Here is a rough estimation...

Each deck is about 10 feet.
Deck 1 is about 10 feet off the water line.
Therefore Deck 5 is about 50 feet above the water line.

Anyone not consider a verandah room because they are too high up.. afraid of heights, etc???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter