• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Deciding when to go

jw0104

Earning My Ears
My family has gone to DW twice in the past 6 years. It's been 3 years so we're itching to go again! Both times we've gone in Nov with the kids missing some school, but so worth it because the temperatures are great and the crowds are low. Now that my daughter is in high school however, I can't justify taking her out of school for a week. We're thinking of going either in Feb during President's week or in April during their spring break, the week of the 10th (which also happens to lead into Easter). Any frequent Disney travelers during these times have any advice as to which time might be the better time, either crowd wise or weather wise? We've been spoiled going in Nov and don't know what to expect going during higher crowd times. Thank you.

I would pick February. I think the weather is better in February, even though President's Day week will be crowded. The week before Easter will be crowded, too, so I would fall to weather for the tie breaker.

Can I ask WHEN in November you've been going?

If I were you, I would still take DD out for a week, even if in High School! It's just one week!

Crowd wise, I think Easter and Spring Break are very, very busy. You could check the crowd calendars to be sure.

We went to Florida in February the week before president's day and it was quite cool (too cold for the pool), so that's something to consider, too.
Though the Floridians on this board can advise you probably better on the average weather...

I did Presidents week last year and it was beautiful! The weather was perfect - I wore capri's and a tee shirt most days with a sweater around my waist (which was on and off all day). We did swim in the evenings comfortably. It was perfect weather for being outside and walking around all day without getting sweaty or overheated.

Crowd wise, it was busy the first part of the week (closest to Presidents Day) but crowds were significantly less by the end of the week. Knowing that it was going to be crowded, though, we dealt with it just fine.

We were also there during our spring break last year (which was after most other spring breaks) and it was still more crowded than Feb. And it was considerably warmer. Still bearable, but not quite as pleasant as Feb.

Both times we felt like MK was really the only park that you REALLY felt the crowds.

One of the reasons we're going in October/November is the weather. There is NO WAY I'm going to Orlando in the summertime. No way. I already live in Louisiana so if I wanted heat, humidity, bugs, and hurricanes, I'd just stay home. lol If it means taking the kids out of school, so be it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter