December Time: Results at 7 Months out (Updated for End of December, post #19)

drusba

I went to Iowa once, and it was closed.
Today was the 7 month mark for Dec 1 to 8, which we know is a very high demand time. So, for future reference, how hard was it actually:

It appears if you wanted BWV, BCV, BLT, or VWL, you were likely out of luck for all rooms as the on-line system shows at best only a day open here and there for anything. There was still 2BR savanna availability at AKV Kidani early morning but Dec 1 disappeared before 9. For Studios and 1BRs savanna or standard there were usually 4 or 5 of the days open at Kidani and usually less at Jambo but nothing open for entire week. GVs were mostly gone all nights and concierge and value were gone all nights. At OKW, you can still get a 2BR, not at the hospitality house area. However, GVs have most days were already filled, and studios and 1BRs have at least one day in the period gone. At SSR everything is still open except treehouses and GVs.

Here is the question to see if things changed during the morning so that something came open for a short period because others had canceled: did anyone get BWV, BCV, BLT or VWL by going on line or calling today for first week of December, at what time of day (eastern time) did you get it, and what did you get (type of room and dates)?

We just passed ROFR a couple of weeks ago on a resale contract but are unable to close until the middle of June due to the original owners renting 2011 points to someone and their vacation is not completed until mid-June. We where hoping to take our daughter in early Dec for a suprrise b-day trip now I am getting worried that we will not get anything since we will not be in the system until probalby around July 1st.

Never give up and create a waitlist. We had a value 2 bedroom booked at Jambo for this past first week of December and had to cancel it at the end of October after having it booked for MONTHS. I'm sure someone's waitlist dreams came true!!!

We got a VWL studio for 11/25 through 11/30 - randomly showed up at about 10pm EST one night. We'd previously had an AKV value studio booked, so it was a win-win for somebody.

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup2

We are considering a December 2013 stay. I will definitely use my 11 month advantage for BLT, and save my VWL dreams for another time of year - maybe summer instead. :beach:

We own at BWV and WL. I booked 2 nights at WL and 5 at BWV 11 months out. A while later I tried to change to 3 nights at WL with no luck. I did waitlist but it has not come through.

I hope I get it, but I will be happy either way. I am really glad I bought where I want to stay! Good luck all!

Dec 2 at OKW for a studio was not available at 8 online but then was(we booked) shortly after and now has not been. I was going in and out a few times and it all of a sudden became available. So happy. Now I see that more days that week in a studio at OKW are not available.

Dec 8-15 looks better than last week:

BWV: 1BR pool/garden view open, 2BR and studio pool/garden view saw Dec 8 disappear quickly ater 8 this morning, other days still open; 1BR boardwalk view open except for Dec 9, standard 9 and 10; Studio and 2BR standard and Boardwalk view have most or all nights gone. GVs still show two nights during week open.

BCV: Dec 8 now gone for all units, Dec 9 for studios, rest of week still open for everything.

VWL: Dec 8 gone for studios and 2BRs, Dec 9 for 1BR, rest still open.

BLT: lake view GV gone for Dec 8 but still open rest of week, MK GV still has the nights after Dec 10; BLT 1BR lake view gone for Dec 8, 10, and 13; everything else mostly gone except for some nights here and there for any of the room categories except standard is gone entirely.

AKV: Kidani savanna views all rooms still open except GVs which are gone Dec 8; same for Kidani standard except studio is gone Dec 8 and GV standard Dec 13, 14; Jambo studios are gone Dec 8 both standard and savanna; 1BR savanna gone 8, 10, 11, but standard still open, Jambo 2BR standard gone Dec 8 and savanna Dec 8, 10, 11; Jambo GVs and value and concierge rooms are gone.

OKW: everything still open except studio near HH is gone Dec 9, and GVs at HH gone 9,10, and 11 and Dec 8 elsewhere

SSR: everything open except Treehouses which are gone for Dec 9, 12, 13, and 14.

BWV: 1BR pool/garden view open, 2BR and studio pool/garden view saw Dec 8 disappear quickly ater 8 this morning, other days still open; 1BR boardwalk view open except for Dec 9, standard 9 and 10; Studio and 2BR standard and Boardwalk view have most or all nights gone. GVs still show two nights during week open.

BCV: Dec 8 now gone for all units, Dec 9 for studios, rest of week still open for everything.

BLT: lake view GV gone for Dec 8 but still open rest of week, MK GV still has the nights after Dec 10; BLT 1BR lake view gone for Dec 8, 10, and 13; everything else mostly gone except for some nights here and there for any of the room categories except standard is gone entirely.

AKV: Kidani savanna views all rooms still open except GVs which are gone Dec 8; same for Kidani standard except studio is gone Dec 8 and GV standard Dec 13, 14; Jambo studios are gone Dec 8 both standard and savanna; 1BR savanna gone 8, 10, 11, but standard still open, Jambo 2BR standard gone Dec 8 and savanna Dec 8, 10, 11; Jambo GVs and value and concierge rooms are gone.

OKW: everything still open except studio near HH is gone Dec 9, and GVs at HH gone 9,10, and 11 and Dec 8 elsewhere

SSR: everything open except Treehouses which are gone for Dec 9, 12, 13, and 14.

Thanks for the info! My wait list for the evening of December 9 in a VWL studio came through!

We are going 12/8-15. We just called Member Services this morning and 2BR LV at BLT was only available on 12/11, 12/12 and 12/14. Do you think we are better off wait listing the entire week or booking the three days and wait listing the others. Thanks!

We are going 12/8-15. We just called Member Services this morning and 2BR LV at BLT was only available on 12/11, 12/12 and 12/14. Do you think we are better off wait listing the entire week or booking the three days and wait listing the others. Thanks!

If you are not a BLT owner and you are calling today, May 8, you cannot actually book those three open days because Dec 8 is not open. You can only waitlist for the entire week at this point.

It is now another week in Dec. The first week was terrible for 7 months out, the second week somewhat better. This week, however, looks like a true DVC off season with low DVC demand and good pickings at 7 months out (thus not all of December is high DVC demand time):

BLT: Standard view: studio gone except 20 and 21, 1BR open except for Dec 21, and, amazingly, 2BRs are open; all lake view rooms other than GVs open and even GV is closed out only on Dec 21; Theme park view: 2BR has only Dec 21 gone, 1BR has 16,17 and 21 gone, studio gone except for 18 and 20, GV gone except for 16 and 21.

BWV: All pool/garden views are open; Standard: 1BR open, 2BR has 15, 18 and 19 open, studio has 15, 18 and 19 open; boardwalk view: GVs gone, 1BR open, 2BR gone except Dec 20, studio the same.

BCV: all room sizes open

VWL: all room sizes open

AKV: Kidani: everything open including GVs; Jambo: all savanna and standard view rooms open; value 1BR is open, value studio and 2BRs gone, concierge gone, GV open except for Dec 15 and 17:

OKW: GVs are mostly gone (15, 17 and 19 open for those away from Hospitality House); everything else is open including HH rooms

SSR: everything open but the treehouses which are closed for Dec 15, 16 and 18

Thanks for posting,...
We have a studio booked for 12/23-12/28 at OKW and can;t wait to try to change to BTL, BCV or WLV.. or maybe AKL - my husband hates OKW studios...

We are now at another week, 7 months out from Dec 22 to 29, and this one includes high demand time around Christmas but not NYE yet for those reserving 7 months out. Pickings are rather slim at park resorts except for some 1BR openings all week, but AKV, OKW and SSR have lots of things open. Thus, it is definitely not difficult to get something 7 months out but you usually have to be lookng at AKV, OKW or SSR to have little problem. This week is somewhat easier than the first week of Dec and thus the first week of Dec rather than Christmas week might be the highest DVC demand week of the year:

BLT: Everything has some days gone during this week. Standard: studio Dec 24 through 28 open, 1BR Dec 24, 25 open, 2BR 22, 24, 25 open; lake view: GV 24, 25, 27 open, studio 24, 25, 28 open, 1BR 24-28, 2BR 24, 25 , 28 open; Theme Park: GV 24, 28 open, studio 24, 26, open, 1BR 24, 28 open, 2BR 23 open.

BWV: almost same issue as BLT. Garden/Pool: studio 22. 23, 28 open, 1BR open all week, 2BR 22, 23, 28 open; boardwalk: GVs gone, studio and 2BR have only Dec 24 open, 1BR is open all days except Dec 26; standard: studio 24, 25 open, 1BR 23 through 26, 28 open, 2BR only 24 and 25 open.

BCV: 1BR open all week, 2BR 22 though 24, 26 open; studio only Dec 24 open

VWL: 1BR open all week, 2R 23 through 26, 28 open, studio 23 through 26, 29 open

AKV: Jambo: value and concierge gone except 1BR value is open every night except Dec 23, GV open Dec 22 through 25, savanna: studio all open except Dec 25, 1BR open all week, 2BR only Dec 25 gone; standard: studio Dec 25 and 27 gone; 1BR open, 2BR only Dec 25, 27 gone
Kidani: everything open except savanna GV is closed out Dec 22 and standard GV 26 through 28

OKW: everything around Hospitality House is mostly closed out except 1BR is open; GVs elsewhere have 22, 25, and 28 open, studios, 1BRs, 2BRs elsewhere are all open.

SSR: everything open except treehouses which have only Dec 28 open.

Thanks so much for the advanced warning on what was still up.. cause I convinced Dh to go for the 1 bedroom at BCV! I am SUPER excited!

Last update mainly to see if you can still get Dec. 31 anywhere and nights around it. The answer is yes if you want SSR or OKW and thus it is not impossible:

SSR: still wide open for Dec 29 to through Jan 4 except for treehouses which are gone.

OKW: GVs gone, most around HH gone, but elsewhere studios, 1BRs and 2BRs are open Dec 29 through Jan 4.

AKV: 1BR Savanna at Kidani open Dec 29 through Jan 4. 1BR Stand at Jambo open Dec 30 through Jan 4. GV Sav view at Kidani open Dec 30 and 31. Otherwise NYE is out but still some openings for rooms (other than concierge or value) after Dec 31.

BLT: 1BR lake view is open every night except Dec 31. Anything else has only some spotty openings at most the entire week.

BWV: Openings for pool/garden views after Jan 1; otherwise mostly closed out except a night here and there.

BCV: openings only after Dec 31.

VWL: 1BR is open all nights including Dec 31 but except for Dec 30. Otherwise openings after Dec 31.

Thanks for the info ... This is great data !!!!

I am shooting for Dec. 30 through Jan. 6 2013
31-6 at BCV home resort and 30 for BLT 2 bedroom non-home resort

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter