December Time: Results at 7 Months out (Updated for End of December, post #19)

Thanks so much for the research. I now have hope of moving to BCV 2bdrm from OKW For 12/14-12/21!

Thanks for looking! :thumbsup2

We are considering a December 2013 stay. I will definitely use my 11 month advantage for BLT, and save my VWL dreams for another time of year - maybe summer instead. :beach:

And this is exactly what we did! We just booked a lakeview 1BR for 12/19-12/23

Thanks for this info. Any updates for Dec 2013?

The 7 month window doesn't open until May, so probably no updates until then.

This thread is very informative! Thanks to the OP for taking the time to compile all of the information!

I was worried that I may have jumped the gun when I rented BLT points right at the 11 month mark for my upcoming 12/14-12/21 trip. I struggled with the choice to wait for the 7 month mark and use David's (they didn't have anyone with BLT points at the 11 month mark).

Based on this info, I am glad I went with an individual rental. The view I wanted was gone but at least I did get all consecutive days! Doesn't seem likely that it would have happened if I had waited!

I own at BWV/BLT. But, of course, I didn't make up my mind as to whether or not I would go in early Dec this coming year. So, by the time I made up my mind, last week, I was unable to get anything at either BWV or BLT (in a studio) for Dec 2-7!!! And now, I'm waitlisted!! I could get a total of three days at BWV...Mon, Wed, Fri..but nothing for Tues or Thurs. So, rather than book those three days, I just waitlisted the entire stay.
Hopefully, in May, I'll be able to book something, somewhere other than SSR, if my waitlist doesn't come through!!

I own at BWV/BLT. But, of course, I didn't make up my mind as to whether or not I would go in early Dec this coming year. So, by the time I made up my mind, last week, I was unable to get anything at either BWV or BLT (in a studio) for Dec 2-7!!! And now, I'm waitlisted!! I could get a total of three days at BWV...Mon, Wed, Fri..but nothing for Tues or Thurs. So, rather than book those three days, I just waitlisted the entire stay.
Hopefully, in May, I'll be able to book something, somewhere other than SSR, if my waitlist doesn't come through!!
Hope your waitlist works!

IMO, vacations for the first half of December 2013 are going to be harder to get than they were in 2012. There is one less week!

In 2012, Thanksgiving was 11/22 and for 2013, it will be 11/28. That means the people (like us) who prefer to go the week after Thanksgiving are "forced" into the first week of December. So 3 weeks worth of people trying to get into the 2 first weeks of December. I think the first week of December (12/1 - 12/7) will be particularly difficult this year.

Good luck!

Wow, I really lucked out then. As a BLT owner, we had slight flexibility in our travel dates, but only by 1 day. At 11 months out, the first day I could not get a SV. All gone, so the next morning I was able to get it for all 3 nights. But after I got it, availability disappeared for SV. It didn't take too long before ALL the categories were booked for that first week. My father decided he wanted to go with us, and was looking at getting a room at the contemporary for the 3 nights.....At $500 a night! I told him I could not get a DVC room for him as it was all booked up, but last weekend (just before the website locked me out with password error) 2 of the three nights were available........in a SV! I grabbed them pretty quick. Even IF he was to pay the rental price for the points cost.... It would still be less than half the price of a room at the Contemporary.....and that was a south garden wing room! Makes me love my DVC even more.

I waitlisted the third night for him, but at this rate we're happy to get just the 2. If it comes through that would be phenomenal.

Hope your waitlist works!

IMO, vacations for the first half of December 2013 are going to be harder to get than they were in 2012. There is one less week!

In 2012, Thanksgiving was 11/22 and for 2013, it will be 11/28. That means the people (like us) who prefer to go the week after Thanksgiving are "forced" into the first week of December. So 3 weeks worth of people trying to get into the 2 first weeks of December. I think the first week of December (12/1 - 12/7) will be particularly difficult this year.

Good luck!
Yeah, that was my thought as well. Hopefully something will open up!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter