December Dreamin' ...12/8/2013...4 night Bahamian Cruise

Hi everyone!:wave2:

We'd like to officially let everyone know we'll be joining everyone on December 8th for a cruise to the Bahamas.

Stateroom: 7584
DIS Name: MsBuzzLightyear and FigmentPigments
Names: Katy, Linda, and Bill (We're all adults over 21):thumbsup2
Where From: St. Louis, Missouri
Dining: Late (and loving it)
Celebrating: We're on a Disney Cruise!
Participating in the Fish Extender: Yes! (already got ideas)
Now we're just counting down:hourglass

Hi everyone!:wave2:

We'd like to officially let everyone know we'll be joining everyone on December 8th for a cruise to the Bahamas.

Stateroom: 7584
DIS Name: MsBuzzLightyear and FigmentPigments
Names: Katy, Linda, and Bill (We're all adults over 21):thumbsup2
Where From: St. Louis, Missouri
Dining: Late (and loving it)
Celebrating: We're on a Disney Cruise!
Participating in the Fish Extender: Yes! (already got ideas)
Now we're just counting down:hourglass
:welcome:Your info has been added to the first post.:goodvibes

Just made reservations for Palo, etc. It is starting to seem more real. 120 days until we are on the ship. :cool1:

Just made reservations for Palo, etc. It is starting to seem more real. 120 days until we are on the ship. :cool1:

Awesome!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We are thinking of doing the Palo Brunch this year - we have never done Palo's before and everything I read says the Brunch is better than the Dinner..

Thoughts????

We can book on September 9th!!! 90 Days out!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

Awesome!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

We are thinking of doing the Palo Brunch this year - we have never done Palo's before and everything I read says the Brunch is better than the Dinner..

Thoughts????

We can book on September 9th!!! 90 Days out!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

If I had to pick between the two meals brunch is our favorite. We have skipped Palo dinner but always went to brunch. The food has been good. Lots of choices. Very relaxing. And with the sun up it is pleasant to watch the world go by. The last time I was at brunch the waiter pointed out a Carnival ship and said they were very lucky. I was confused until he said,"Their view is of our ship.":thumbsup2

This time we are skipping Remy. We did that twice. We liked the first time better than the second time. My DH said he would go if I wanted to go but he prefers Palo.

My goal for this cruise is to do the things that we have never done before like the holiday related things. Although we always still go see all the shows again. :confused3 And the only excursion we are planning to do is the GrayCliff Chocolate Tour. That has never been offer to us before. My DH may change his mind and go scuba diving again. I'm curious if and how they celebrate the holidays in the Bahamas. With all their colors it could be fun. :confused3

Still need to check in. It wasn't open when I went to bed last night around 2:30 AM.

Happy planning.

We changed are dining time to second seating.
We were able to reserve Cabana #9 for castaway cay and I'm super excited. DH is 70% deaf so we wanted a not so crowed place to spend some time as a family.

Was trying to do online check-in but I kept getting an error message oh well I will try again later.

Still not sure if we are going to do anything in Nassau since DH and I will be there in Oct, going on a Carnival Cruise just the 2 of us for my birthday present.

If I had to pick between the two meals brunch is our favorite. We have skipped Palo dinner but always went to brunch. The food has been good. Lots of choices. Very relaxing. And with the sun up it is pleasant to watch the world go by. The last time I was at brunch the waiter pointed out a Carnival ship and said they were very lucky. I was confused until he said,"Their view is of our ship.":thumbsup2

This time we are skipping Remy. We did that twice. We liked the first time better than the second time. My DH said he would go if I wanted to go but he prefers Palo.

Thank you for the information.. I think we are going to book the Brunch!!! Since we will have my 2.5 year old we don't want to leave her for many hours at night/evening in the daycare while we have dinner.. Plus My DH and I don't have the most refined palate when it comes to food, the brunch menu appeals to us more (lots of options)

We are toying with the idea of getting off at Nassau.. First cruise in 09 we did, last year we did not... The only tour that looks even remotely exciting is as you said the GrayCliff Chocolate Tour (HUGE candy/sweets fan, plus I am a baker)..

My DH and I have been trying to predict which movies will be on the ship (that is our favorite part) last year we while we in Nassau the nursery was wide open (since most everyone gets off) we walked up and put our daughter in there and hit up the movies.. :)

- So far we are thinking...... Definitely Frozen and Maybe the new Thor, since Disney now has all rights to Marvel! :cool1:

Counting down till September 9th! :) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Thank you for the information.. I think we are going to book the Brunch!!! Since we will have my 2.5 year old we don't want to leave her for many hours at night/evening in the daycare while we have dinner.. Plus My DH and I don't have the most refined palate when it comes to food, the brunch menu appeals to us more (lots of options)

We are toying with the idea of getting off at Nassau.. First cruise in 09 we did, last year we did not... The only tour that looks even remotely exciting is as you said the GrayCliff Chocolate Tour (HUGE candy/sweets fan, plus I am a baker)..

My DH and I have been trying to predict which movies will be on the ship (that is our favorite part) last year we while we in Nassau the nursery was wide open (since most everyone gets off) we walked up and put our daughter in there and hit up the movies.. :)

- So far we are thinking...... Definitely Frozen and Maybe the new Thor, since Disney now has all rights to Marvel! :cool1:

Counting down till September 9th! :) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Part of me wants to do the chocolate tour, and the other part wants to maybe get off the ship for an hour if that. I did the cooking excursion in Mexico last summer and had a great time.

I am also a baker. WDW got our family hooked on gingerbread cookies. I am looking forward to DCL's gingerbread display. When we were on the ship for Easter they had big chocolate eggs. They smelled so good! I also want to decorate a gingerbread house on the ship. Hope we can get a spot.

We also like to take in a movie or two while on the ship. It's very quiet and peaceful.

I so wanted to do the chocolate tour but since DS is too young I decided to wait till he is old enough too. Just didn't think it was fair to take his sisters and leave him behind, and since he sometimes has Mommy issues I decided to forgo it this time :(

I'm soo excited and can't wait till Dec! We went and saw Disney Jr Live last night and have Disney on Ice scheduled for next month so hopefully those will tide me over till Dec.

I am also a baker. WDW got our family hooked on gingerbread cookies. I am looking forward to DCL's gingerbread display. When we were on the ship for Easter they had big chocolate eggs. They smelled so good! I also want to decorate a gingerbread house on the ship. Hope we can get a spot.

The Gingerbread House Display is pretty amazing and smells SO yummy!!!! We did the Gingerbread House Making last year.. They give you basically a store bought Gingerbread House to assemble - it was nice except my DD (18 months at the time) had a complete melt down in the middle of it.... Also, you can not take the house off the ship.. That was sad!!! I have pictures somewhere - I can post on the Facebook page.. If you want to make sure you get into class I would suggest going to guest services the the first thing when you board the ship - we went right after lunch the first day and there were still spots available.. :cool1:

I'm soo excited and can't wait till Dec! We went and saw Disney Jr Live last night and have Disney on Ice scheduled for next month so hopefully those will tide me over till Dec.

That is so awesome.. My 2 year old LOVES Sofia the First, we did her birthday Sofia, just redid her room Sofia.. Disney Jr Live isn't coming to FL though.. HORRIBLE!! I know we have WDW about 1hr away from us, but come on... Ok, rant done!! :rolleyes1:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

The Gingerbread House Display is pretty amazing and smells SO yummy!!!! We did the Gingerbread House Making last year.. They give you basically a store bought Gingerbread House to assemble - it was nice except my DD (18 months at the time) had a complete melt down in the middle of it.... Also, you can not take the house off the ship.. That was sad!!! I have pictures somewhere - I can post on the Facebook page.. If you want to make sure you get into class I would suggest going to guest services the the first thing when you board the ship - we went right after lunch the first day and there were still spots available.. :cool1:

How was the weather last Dec?

Where is the Facebook page?

How was the weather last Dec?

Where is the Facebook page?

Both of our cruises have been in December and the weather has been beautiful... Windy but beautiful... Our first cruise we weren't able to snorkel at Castaway Cay because it was so windy, that was in 09 - but it was still a nice day to sit and enjoy the beach... Last year while docked in Nassau, it was so windy that they actually closed the Aqua Duck just for that day.. Got to ride it the day at Sea!! :cool1:

Facebook Page is @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/414169592025680/

Overall we LOVE the December cruises.. It is my favorite time of year (hubby and I got married in December @ Disney World) and is when we always take our vacations... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Hi everyone, I just wanted you to know that I have updated and uploaded our roll call and fish extender list on Face Book. If you need to make any changes you can let me know here or on FB. The original list on page one of this thread will be updated as needed. Thanks so much.:goodvibes
Linda

Both of our cruises have been in December and the weather has been beautiful... Windy but beautiful... Our first cruise we weren't able to snorkel at Castaway Cay because it was so windy, that was in 09 - but it was still a nice day to sit and enjoy the beach... Last year while docked in Nassau, it was so windy that they actually closed the Aqua Duck just for that day.. Got to ride it the day at Sea!! :cool1:

Facebook Page is @ https://www.facebook.com/groups/414169592025680/

Overall we LOVE the December cruises.. It is my favorite time of year (hubby and I got married in December @ Disney World) and is when we always take our vacations... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We've only been to WDW during Dec. Except for this past March, all cruises have been in the summer. I don't care about getting in the water as much as I just want to pack shorts. Anything above 65 degrees will be good. :) Can you tell we are from the north? At WDW they said they can always tell the people from the north because we are the only ones in the pool.

Thanks for the Facebook link.

We've only been to WDW during Dec. Except for this past March, all cruises have been in the summer. I don't care about getting in the water as much as I just want to pack shorts. Anything above 65 degrees will be good. :) Can you tell we are from the north? At WDW they said they can always tell the people from the north because we are the only ones in the pool.

The water is nice.. At Castaway Cay it is probably about 70s give or take.. It was cold to get in, but your body does adjust... We never did the pools on the actual boat as DD was not fully potty trained.. I will say that the one day we took her into Nemo's Reef the water was FREEZING!!!! But, again that was the windy day at Nassau... :) :)

My DH is originally from the north, were I am a Florida girl through and through.. He can handle cold water more than I can.. :rotfl2:

We're also the only ones to wear shorts and t-shirts while others are walking around with hoodies and gloves.:lmao: In December 2010 a cold snap hit Orlando. We made our way to Universal and this was the first time ever that we had to buy hats, scarves and gloves. At least they were from the WWoHP. I've got my fingers crossed because that sail away party was mighty brisk.:goodvibes

Both times in Dec of 2008 and 2009, we had pretty good weather. The captain did have to do a sea day and then a Castaway day in 2009 cause the water was just a little tricky but it ended all good and that was on the Wonder both times. We just had those two days turned around.
Hubby grew up in Pa and I was born in St Pete, Fla but moved all over so I never really got used to weather until we started living where we are now for the past 34 years. But I still get cold when the temp turns to about 70!!
That happened even when we lived in Hawaii for three years:rotfl2:

One thing to remember is that sometimes it gets a little chilly in the dining rooms so I bring a shawl just in case!!

110 days till we get to WDW and then 8 more days till our cruise after that. I cannot wait. I want this time to go by fast, fast.

Hi!! My family just booked a stateroom on this lively cruise and would love to be part of this group! This will be our third cruise, second Disney cruise. We are all excited for a fabulous time on the "big, big boat" as the 4 year old calls it!
Stateroom: 8656
DIS Name: Nurselalie
Names/Age(s): Steve (29), Laura (28), Jack (4), Kaylee (a month shy of 2)
Where From: Colorado Springs, CO
Dining - late or early: early (may switch as we are on mountain time)
Celebrating: Christmas! And just being together... And we could probably tack on miss Kaylee's birthday ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter