• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December Dreamin' ...12/8/2013...4 night Bahamian Cruise

Forgive my first cruise naive posts! I am a planner, so, I like to know details.

* Can someone tell me when we are supposed to deliver FE gifts? (Just whenever?)

* any neat tips on making our actual fe? (How big? How long should it hang?)

* does everything (our fe and gifts) have to be Disney themed?

* what is your best tip for a first time cruiser? (Not fe related)

Forgive my first cruise naive posts! I am a planner, so, I like to know details.

* Can someone tell me when we are supposed to deliver FE gifts? (Just whenever?)

Whenever you want to deliver is fine. I like to get them out right away but any time is fine.

It cannot be more than 8 inches wide. No restriction on length. just pockets big enough to fit what most gifts will be in size

Does not have to be Disney themed. If you have something from where you live that is a neat thing. Don't feel you have to go all out. Just something cute and fun!!

Just relax!!!
Take highlighters along to mark on the navigator of things you might want to do the next day. Ask your room steward to give you one for each person in the cabin.

If you go to the bottom of the first post there is a link on how to make a no sew FE. I haven't tried it but some have and they've been pretty successful. I imagine if you wanted to sew it all you would have to do is add enough for seams. Sounds easy enough.:thumbsup2 Have fun.

Question about a cc cabana. I would like to attempt to get one. But, there are only 3 of us and the cabana can hold 6-8. at $499, it is hard fkr me to justify this cost alone. Does anyone want to split one with us? My 17yr old will most likely be in the water day and I just need a dedicated space to help my pain disorder. We are flexible and would love to share.

We haven't decided if we are going to drive down Sat morning or wait and drive down thru the night. Either way it is at least a 10hr drive for us, I just not sure what I want to do since I'm thinking on going to St.Petersburg after the cruise so I can see my Grandmother. Luckily my kids are pretty good in the truck on long drives so either way would work.

We are driving down Saturday but have not reserved a place to stay yet. Any suggestions?

Shadowryter: it doesnt appear my info was added to the front page, can we add us, please! :):cool1:

And Mark: you don't have to be crafty! :) lots of awesome ideas out there! THink of about something you didn't know on your first cruise, or forgot and would have loved to have!:lovestruc
OK - Please add me to the yes group for FE!

I added you to the FE. Also note that those of you who gave a definite yes...are highlighted in red. We now have 6 cabins participating.:yay:

Hey there..

After thinking about and reading about it.. We are in!!! YAY!!! 7 Cabins.. :) :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Stateroom: GTY
DIS Name: reagansmom
Names/Age(s): (at sailing) Heather (40), Chris (47), Reagan (7), Claire (my mom, 63)
Where From: Rochester, NY/Baltimore, MD
Dining - late or early: early, hopefully
Celebrating:
Participating in the Fish Extender: Yes! (only if you want to - not a requirement):fish:

Finally decided to make it official. Paid off the cruise since the 120 date will be next weekend. We made the reservation when they first became available. This is the first cruise without the children, who will be doing finals at college. (DD would rather be with us.:lmao:- She was just on the Dream for Easter with her best friend from 1st grade as an early graduation gift from us. She said she wanted one more time on DCL as a teen.) So I have been on the fence for a very long time. :confused3 But here we come. :goodvibes

Stateroom: 8643
DIS Name: Dizzyworld
Names/Age(s): Shirley (57) and Ron (59)
Where From: Baltimore, MD
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating: Just wanted to see the Christmas decorations.
Participating in the Fish Extender: Not this time.

Stateroom: GTY
DIS Name: reagansmom
Names/Age(s): (at sailing) Heather (40), Chris (47), Reagan (7), Claire (my mom, 63)
Where From: Rochester, NY/Baltimore, MD
Dining - late or early: early, hopefully
Celebrating:
Participating in the Fish Extender: Yes! (only if you want to - not a requirement):fish:
:welcome:...you're info has been added to the first post.:goodvibes
Finally decided to make it official. Paid off the cruise since the 120 date will be next weekend. We made the reservation when they first became available. This is the first cruise without the children, who will be doing finals at college. (DD would rather be with us.:lmao:- She was just on the Dream for Easter with her best friend from 1st grade as an early graduation gift from us. She said she wanted one more time on DCL as a teen.) So I have been on the fence for a very long time. :confused3 But here we come. :goodvibes

Stateroom: 8643
DIS Name: Dizzyworld
Names/Age(s): Shirley (57) and Ron (59)
Where From: Baltimore, MD
Dining - late or early: Early
Celebrating: Just wanted to see the Christmas decorations.
Participating in the Fish Extender: Not this time.
:welcome: Our group though small, is growing in numbers. This will be our first cruise without our DD. It will feel so strange.:sad2: But she is working and volunteered to stay home to take care of her grandmother who lives with us so her parents could go on vacation. Such a good girl.:goodvibes
We definitely want to do the FE
Hi there, you're all set.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter