December 7, 2013 - Winter Fantasy Cruise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Denise,

It sounds as though you'll be busy getting your house and yard ready to sell. It seems like just when you get things looking great, it's time to sell. Well, hope you have a few months to enjoy the results of your labor! Are you planning to move out of the area? I'm not sure I know how to post pictures here but can probably post some on the FB page...

No we will stay in the area...I would love to move out of Illinois, but still have a few years before we retire...just going to downsize...we want a townhome, so we have no outside yard work to do. I don't mind it, but we have a large lot and there is always lots of yard work to do. Its just becoming more difficult on us.

Angie

Greetings from the Boardwalk! We spent the last three days at the Dark Side, at Portofino Bay, but their wifi is NOT free like it is here at least for DVC. We checked in and got our annual passes replaced with the new cards. Nice! Tap instead of fighting the machine into taking the paper ones! Then off to MK and Be Our Guest for dinner! If you like mussels, you HAVE to do the mussel appetizer! It's great! And Chuck, the hidden Mickey is back in place on Haunted Mansion!

Have a great time...really don't think of us at all....just enjoy your time..:) Ride a few rides for me.....Tower and Everest:thumbsup2

Happy Monday Morning:crazy2:

So I still havent figured out why the weekend's fly by....yet when your at work the afternoon can drag???? :confused3

Well have a good day

:wave2:

My weekend went fast, mainly because I had to work Saturday.

This next weekend I'm going to be out of town for my niece's graduation. Time flies, eh?

Well, I must say that when you're retired EVERY day goes by fast. Why didn't they fly by all those years I was working?:confused3

Well, I must say that when you're retired EVERY day goes by fast. Why didn't they fly by all those years I was working?:confused3

I'm telling you, that is my complaint every day, Monday thru Friday....it drags while I'm at work, then the weekend flies by....and Sunday night, I'm not happy knowing I have to work the next day.....but I agree, when your home or on vacation the time just goes by so quickly.....arrrgg:hyper:

have a good one

We're back from our "Miracle on Ice" cruise to Alaska (Carnival Miracle). Had lots of folks at the Meet and Greet, then had a group cocktail party the last night. Met a lot of fellow cruisers and had a great time on the cruise. This trip was my mom (92), my daughter, and me. Juneau was rainy and cold but the Mendenhall Glacier was beautiful. The lake was still covered with ice--one of the park rangers said she had never seen the lake still frozen this late in the spring! Skagway was cold and windy but no rain (yippee). Someone handed us tickets to the Skagway Street Car Tour. The tour was really interesting and I must admit that I probably would never have taken it if I hadn't been given the tixs! Next we cruised Glacier Bay--so beautiful, but a cold, gray, rainy day. Our final stop was Ketchikan and we had gorgeous clear sunny weather in the low 60's (that's 2 years in a row that I've had good weather there). Splurged a bit and bought a "northern lights" bracelet--really pretty. The food was good but not outstanding. Did indulge on the warm chocolate melting cake every night for dessert ;)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! Have a special day on Sunday :flower3:

Welcome back, glad you had a great trip.

Angie,

Welcome back......

Sounds like you had a great time. One of these days I will make it to Alaska, that is on my wish list....you need to post some pictures. I have seen some from other cruisers, but it is just so beautiful. My sister is taking her frist cruise to Alaska in July. They are really looking forward to going.

Glad your back....its been really quiet around here. Stephanie is gone to the World....Chuck has been pretty much missing in action. But now that the weather is better and warmer here, I will be busy with a lot of yard work.

We are thinking of putting the house on the market next year. So we need to get the yard in shape, new floors in both bathrooms and a new kitchen counter. So we are going to be focusing on a lot of house stuff in the next few months.

Wow, I guess I better go before I chat your ear off....;)

Have a good one
:wave2:

Do I see Florida in your future.....

Greetings from the Boardwalk! We spent the last three days at the Dark Side, at Portofino Bay, but their wifi is NOT free like it is here at least for DVC. We checked in and got our annual passes replaced with the new cards. Nice! Tap instead of fighting the machine into taking the paper ones! Then off to MK and Be Our Guest for dinner! If you like mussels, you HAVE to do the mussel appetizer! It's great! And Chuck, the hidden Mickey is back in place on Haunted Mansion!

I think the reason we keep not seeing the hidden Mickey is because we go so often. 2x in the last 2 months it was not there, and Mark witnessed it not there on the last trip.

I'm stretched out on the couch with my dog she tore her ACL and had surgery yesterday. And it's drizzly with rain outside so it's a great day to eat brownies fresh from the oven on the couch with my girl :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How is your dog doing?

How is your dog doing?

She is doing very well, thank you :wave2: She has to be on a lead whenever she leaves the house and cannot be allowed to run, but she's doing great. We go back on Thursday to get her stitches out and a check up then we get given some exercises for her/us to do for rehab.

Do I see Florida in your future.....

In the far off distant future....waiting for us to fully retire and Wally keeps telling me he will not fully retire but cut down to 2 days a week....so who knows :confused3 I am sure at some point he will finally have enough of working and quiet completely.....altho I did tell him that it may be better he works a few days...this way I wont have to "hurt" him...(you know too much togetherness) :rotfl2:

She is doing very well, thank you :wave2: She has to be on a lead whenever she leaves the house and cannot be allowed to run, but she's doing great. We go back on Thursday to get her stitches out and a check up then we get given some exercises for her/us to do for rehab.

glad your puppy is doing well. So how is the weather down your way lately?

Today it's going to be beautiful 84 degrees today....:thumbsup2

so Chuck where are you? Florida or back in Philly?

gotta run phones are a ringing...:eek:

:banana:

In the far off distant future....waiting for us to fully retire and Wally keeps telling me he will not fully retire but cut down to 2 days a week....so who knows :confused3 I am sure at some point he will finally have enough of working and quiet completely.....altho I did tell him that it may be better he works a few days...this way I wont have to "hurt" him...(you know too much togetherness) :rotfl2:

glad your puppy is doing well. So how is the weather down your way lately?

Today it's going to be beautiful 84 degrees today....:thumbsup2

so Chuck where are you? Florida or back in Philly?

gotta run phones are a ringing...:eek:

:banana:

Came back to Philly on the 5th. We are heading back down again on the
22nd until June 9th.

We will be there for the 24 hour opening. We plan to be there at 6:00AM for the opening on the 24th, go to bed early that night and head back to the park around 2AM till close at 6:00AM on the 25th. Let's see if our bodies remember the all nighters from when we were young....

22nd until June 9th.

We will be there for the 24 hour opening. We plan to be there at 6:00AM for the opening on the 24th, go to bed early that night and head back to the park around 2AM till close at 6:00AM on the 25th. Let's see if our bodies remember the all nighters from when we were young....

Have fun....body will remember, however, it may revolt!!:rotfl:

22nd until June 9th.

Are you able to fly non-stop or do you have to connect to get to Orlando? Lately just thinking about flying to the east coast makes me tired!

It's amazing how quickly those pups can heal! My cousin nearly lost her pup recently when it was hit by a car--but in no time at all the dog was up and moving again. (of course, that was after some major surgery) My daughter's dog, Lily, had one ACL repaired and then tore the one on the other side. This was a couple years ago and she's been doing great since!

Are you able to fly non-stop or do you have to connect to get to Orlando? Lately just thinking about flying to the east coast makes me tired!

Yes, when we fly we are able to go non-stop. I hate having stop overs. we are driving down this trip.

I think the reason we keep not seeing the hidden Mickey is because we go so often. 2x in the last 2 months it was not there, and Mark witnessed it not there on the last trip.

LOL. Well, maybe that's part of the game. It was there both times we've ridden it. I especially look! LOL.

Yes, when we fly we are able to go non-stop. I hate having stop overs. we are driving down this trip.

When are you moving down for good? Dave and I have a seven year plan....in seven years we can retire and we are looking to live somewhere near Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter