**December 2016 Check In!**

Us! First DL trip in 15 years for DH and I, first ever for DD 13. December 17-22. Currently holding reservations at Sheraton Park and Fairfield Inn, leaning heavily towards keeping the Sheraton Park reservation.

Heading back down for our 4th trip of 2016. It's our social club that we founded 1 year anniversary and my son and wife have never seen Christmas time. Staying at Stovalls like always Dec 3rd-7th

Wow !
I'm going twice in Dec !
I'm so excited!!

I checked in at the start of this thread for Dec 1-4th, DLH. Going with my DS, DDIL & 2 GDD.

My Mom (86 yrs young) and my sister have started talking about wanting to go & see Disneyland at Christmas time. Their first time during the Christmas season. The first week of Dec didn't work for them to join us on that trip.....So, they asked me to plan it & go with them :

Dec 12th -16th !! We're staying at PPH.

It sounds to some so crazy of me to go "again". But for me, I'm totally looking forward to it !

Prior to 2016 my last visit to DL was in 2011 and by the end of this year I'll have gone 4 times in 2016. I love getting others excited about going to Disney and wanting me to plan the trip and getting invited to join them.

Loving my AP !

Last edited:
Oh my, going to DL Dec 15-23rd, 2 bedroom suite at the DLH with my whole family. Booked over a year ago, and now only 2 months away. I'm so excited!! I've heard so many wonderful stories of DL at the Holidays, so I'm looking forward to this trip!!!

We are WDW vets and super excited for 1st Disneyland trip on Dec 6-8! Daughter's husband has a convention in Longbeach, so another daughter, myself (Mother and Grandmother) and grandson who will be 1 1/2 years old will be tagging along to be able to go to DL. I know Longbeach is close, but we will be staying 2 nights at HOJO, so we hope to see and do as much as possible. Other plans for the week include LA (of course) and a daytrip to Catalina Island. Any advice would be very welcome, since normally I detail plan my WDW trips 1 year in advance!

Never thought I would be adding my name to this thread! I am turning the big 4-0 in December. I always told my DH that I wanted him to surprise me with a trip for my bday. Last night he told me that he has been planning a trip. But, I have always been the planner and he was running into some problems. :P He needed my help. This morning I booked our hotel (Grand Legacy at the Park) and flights into LGB. First time for both hotel and airport. We usually stay at DI&S and fly into LAX. He said that he would plan all the meals etc. Dec 9-12 can't come soon enough!! I can't wait!!:rainbow:

Anyone else anxiously awaiting park hours?! I just want to plan...... haha
I agree! I've been checking everyday. Interested to see how they coordinate the Holiday Parade with Paint the Night. I looked at some November dates and the Holiday Tour is at 11am and 2pm, which makes me think the Holiday parades will be at 2 and 4:30 with perhaps 1-2 showings of Paint the Night in the evenings.

Anyone else anxiously awaiting park hours?! I just want to plan...... haha

Me too! Our dining reservation window opened up, and it's so hard to plan for meal times without park hours! So far, we made reservations for breakfast at Plaza Inn and the World of Color dessert party. I think I'll wait on the rest for now.

I'm also anxious for another blog post with more Christmastime details!

Me too! Our dining reservation window opened up, and it's so hard to plan for meal times without park hours! So far, we made reservations for breakfast at Plaza Inn and the World of Color dessert party. I think I'll wait on the rest for now.

I'm also anxious for another blog post with more Christmastime details!

We made our Plaza Inn reservation too.. except I made two haha. Then once the hours are out I can officially decide!

Checking in December 18-23 DVC members, Grand Californian studio. 2 adults, 2 children ages 11 & 12

Annual sister trip! Dec 5-8, GCH. Like others, anxiously waiting for park hours to make dining reservations :)

December 3-10 staying at Dolphins!

Big family trip with 9 adults and 2 kids. First time trips for the kids (4YO) and 2 of the adults, the rest are vets.

Come on park schedules! I'm such a planner and this is driving me bonkers lol

Going down for a conference Nov 29-Dec 1-be in the parks at night a few hours I hope. Probably staying an extra day to get a whole day in.

Dec 8 - 12 for us. Fairfield Inn, DH, DD14, DD11, and myself.

We were planning a trip to San Diego (compliments of SW cheap flights) and DH asked if I would rather go to DL. Of course I would, but I told him that it was not about what I want, it was about going to his favorite place (SD) for once. He said "It's not about what I want, its about spending time with the girls. And they would rather go to DL". So yay! Best husband in the world! We are going to DL!!!!! I am so stoked.

Dec 26 - Jan 1. First trip during holidays. I know it will be crazy busy, but hope to add either a tour or dining reservations for a show. Boys are 6 and 8.

Dec 26 - Jan 1. First trip during holidays. I know it will be crazy busy, but hope to add either a tour or dining reservations for a show. Boys are 6 and 8.

Yes, it will be crazy. I always feared going during a known "crazy" time, but I went last week and experienced insanely busy days for some strange reason - the CMs all compared it to the crowds of winter and spring break, and ya know what? It wasn't terrible. In fact, we had a great time! So I was pleasantly surprised that that was the level of crazy people described because it was manageable. We started early (we actually had magic morning) and utilized the heck out of the fast pass system and took nice long afternoon breaks and we waited very little in lines and altogether had a blast! So, I'm glad you're going despite the known crowd levels. Have a good touring plan. (My kids are 5 and 8 and I can share mine with you) and know EXACTLY how fast passes work! And it would be great to book a show! We did WOC Dessert Party (awesome!) and once they finally release the holiday schedule, see if they have preferred viewing dining packages for PtN as I'm sure it'll be running while you're there! Have fun!! I am definitely planning on taking my kids next year during winter break now that I know I can handle the crowds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter