• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2015

We are going nov 28-dec 6. Splitting time between WL and Poly. Hoping for any kind of discount, but going regardless. Will be excited to see all the renovations at Polynesian!

I just read that POP Warner dates are from the 5th through the 11th in case you wanted to avoid them (which we do). We will probably go from the 12th to the 18th. We have had good luck with crowds during that time period.

We just booked 12/28-1/1/16 at CR TPV package with dining. Cast member said to look back in the next month once the current promotion is over. Hoping something pops up. I would love a discount. It's so expensive at this time of year, but it's the only time all of my teens are available.

We're booked 11/30-12/4 at POR. Hopefully we'll be avoiding the POP Warner crowd. We were booked the end of August at the Polynesian but decided the heat wasn't going to be worth it. I hope we're making the right choice.

you think its a good idea to go for Christmas? my kids are 7 6 and 1.
I really want to go for Christmas day, but scared lol. I will attend MK before Christmas day, and not plan on doing a lot of Christmas day

I really want to go for Christmas day, but scared lol. I will attend MK before Christmas day, and not plan on doing a lot of Christmas day

I'm going and we will embrace the crowd....ride what we can and enjoy the atmosphere. I don't know that I'd go for Christmas if my kids were younger though, we love the fall months for our regular WDW trip. I see you have a fall countdown too, are you trying to decide between the two trips or make Christmas an add on trip?

Hi all! Welcome!! I've been busy planning our Spring Break so I have put my Disney obsession on the back burner. I'll be back soon! Hope everyone has a wonderful Spring Break!

We were there from the 21st to the 28th in 2011 and Christmas Eve through the end of our trip was incredibly busy like everyone will tell you. I think it is awesome to do once but I wouldn't do it again. We went to MK early on Christmas day to say we were there on Christmas and then we left around noon and did other stuff. So if you are planning to be there before Christmas and not do a lot on that day, I think that's a good plan :)

I'm watching for a Dec discount too! We traveled Thanksgiving week last year so weren't eligible for any kind of discounts, so I would love to get something this time around. I've already reserved just in case, but I'm flexible. We're planning 12/7 - 12/11.

present!

We are going back for 2 weeks over Xmas & NY again this year. I haven't booked anything yet though because we are keeping our check in date flexible in case FD is offered again this year. The last date for FD in 2014 was 12/23, so we are hoping it happens again this year (a week before would even work for us), but if not I'm sure i'll book something on the AP rate for some time between 12/18-01/02

present!

We are going back for 2 weeks over Xmas & NY again this year. I haven't booked anything yet though because we are keeping our check in date flexible in case FD is offered again this year. The last date for FD in 2014 was 12/23, so we are hoping it happens again this year (a week before would even work for us), but if not I'm sure i'll book something on the AP rate for some time between 12/18-01/02
I may have to watch that as well.....we love Free Dining. We're booked with an agency exclusive right now, and it's a great deal. Really wanted to surprise the kids on Christmas morning...but for FDing we could surprise them 2 days earlier LOL

I may have to watch that as well.....we love Free Dining. We're booked with an agency exclusive right now, and it's a great deal. Really wanted to surprise the kids on Christmas morning...but for FDing we could surprise them 2 days earlier LOL

I'm sure they would love that! Epcot is our Christmas eve tradition so we have to atleast be there by then. And yes free dining is important to us especially this year as the kids want to have Christmas day Breakfast or Dinner at CRT but I just can't bring myself to drop that much $$$ for one meal since there are 5 of us.

I totally get that.....there are 7 of us. My oldest doesn't travel with us anymore but the younger ones are now Disney 'adults' so 6 but all adult prices :( makes it rough to eat any table service without the dining plan. And we drive so we have a car to leave property if we need to, before dropping 300.00 on a table service meal I think we'd find a steak house or something off site LOL.

We have the dining plan for our Fall trip, we LOVE the all inclusive feel of it and not worrying about how much an entree is...etc. I hope they offer it for December, I'll have to run numbers and see if it would be cheaper than the current deal we have.

we were booked 11/29-12/7 last year but hubs ended up in hospital on the 28th and had to cancel. trip is paid for and we have to rebook, just don't know when. have always wanted to see Christmas decorations but keeping options open. would like to try for free dining this year if it's offered

Oops, I must have posted on the wrong thread. My family of 2 adults, 2 kids are looking to go December 12 - 19. I haven't made a reservation yet, I think I will wait to see if that week will be included in free dining and if so which resorts are excluded. I would love to stay in a POR Royal room or at CBR since I know POFQ will be excluded, but who knows what they will be excluding this year. There is no availability for any rooms at CSR during my week. So if none of those work out the big decision will be whether or not to stay for 7 nights at Pop (I was willing to try a short trip, but for a longer trip I'd prefer queen beds) or stay offsite since that will be a dirt cheap week for condo rentals, even after paying for parking and food. I really want to stay onsite, I just hope one of the moderates works out for us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter