• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2015 Check-In Thread

The hours just went up on the Disneyland website for our first 2 days in the park. Does anyone have an explanation for why the Disneyland Park closes at 9 pm on Thursday, December 3? It closes at 10 the night previous.

I am more curious why Disneyland is open until 10:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday. Disneyland's earliest closing hours come the first week in December, then the hours get longer in the weeks after that. For example, in 2014, the park closed at 9:00 p.m. 1st week December on Mon-Thu, then 10:00 on the 2nd week, then fuggetabboutit it's 12:00 a.m. until the New Year. My guess the later hours, excepting Thursday, represent anticipated larger crowds. Not sure why they left Thursday at 9:00 p.m. Hm!

OT: My Disneyland App updated this afternoon and now they have Fast Pass return times available! OMGGG Haunted Mansion wait time is 80 minutes! Yikes. Current FP return time is 8:35 p.m. - 9:35 p.m (local Dis time is 1:30 p.m.). If this was always available on the app and I missed it, please disregard my apparent senior moment. :tilt:

OK, you can take me off the list for Dec 5-6 since we'll have family visiting us that weekend instead. I'm trying to get a quick trip together for Nov 21-22 so I'm jumping back over to the November board. Hope everyone enjoys their trips!

Will do...enjoy your trip! :)

We're finally 60 days out! Time for ADRs! First up... Ariel's Grotto lunch with the princesses. We've never done this before. We've been to Ariel's Grotto for WoC dinner, but the service is sooooo slow. I'm hoping it's better during lunch. My DGD7 loves character dining. :) Minnie & Friends is her favorite, followed by Surf's Up. We're excited to see how Ariel's compares to these two.

Note to Tyggress - can you please update our dates? We're going December 26 - January 3 (you've got us down for November 26) and we're staying at the Candy Cane Inn. Thank you! :thanks:

We're finally 60 days out! Time for ADRs! First up... Ariel's Grotto lunch with the princesses. We've never done this before. We've been to Ariel's Grotto for WoC dinner, but the service is sooooo slow. I'm hoping it's better during lunch. My DGD7 loves character dining. :) Minnie & Friends is her favorite, followed by Surf's Up. We're excited to see how Ariel's compares to these two.

We enjoyed our lunch at Ariel's Grotto when we were there in July. Service was good and food was tasty. We got a table in front of where they do the princess announcements and were the first table that each princess visited. What we liked about this character dining is that they announce each princess and then the princess visit each table in an orderly fashion. Some people find that they don't spend alot of time with you but we didn't feel this way. We got autographs and as many photos as we wanted. We have also dined at Minnie & Friends and Surf's Up (one of our favorites, especially with the playful Stitch!) where the characters often come back to your table. But the princesses just did a round of the tables and then they went back in. Since they bring the food out to you, we found that it was nicer to not miss any of the princesses as they make their rounds. We have our lunch reservations at Ariel's for Christmas Eve :santa:

Five weeks and 5 days to go for me! I'm so excited!

What's everyone looking forward to most on their upcoming trip?

Second mom/daughter trip with my youngest (DD9). It has been almost 4years since our last one, when we travelled to WDW together for 3days. we will be Amtraking it across the country to LA, so I'm interested to see how that goes -DD may have great some great perspective on boredom or will be fascinated with the scenery of the west -time will tell!

ariels grotto w.o.c. dinner ? what did you think? we booked this , I'm a little nervous seeing the cost. is it worth the price you pay for the package?

ariels grotto w.o.c. dinner ? what did you think? we booked this , I'm a little nervous seeing the cost. is it worth the price you pay for the package?

Our family was on the fence on this dinner, some enjoyed it, and others went Meh... We had reservations and then the late WOC show. We arrived at 15 minutes early, and had to wait over an hour for a table to be ready. We were the last persons to be seated for dinner and they were closing up the stations around us.

That being said, The food is very good, and for the 5 of us, it was just under $300.00 including tip.

We thought we would be late for WOC, but were able to walk over 20 minutes before the show. Our fastpasses got us into the reserved area, and we had a front row view of the full show.

The food is very good, but I was a bit haggard from waiting for so long and didn't enjoy it as much as I should have. Two of our party had food allergies and were treated very well (as usual)

We're taking DGD for her first visit!
She is going to love it. She is very into Cars right now, so will love Carsland......and of course loves Mickey and Minnie.
She will be almost 2 1/2. Can't wait.

We will be there December 7-11 staying at the Wyndham Dolphin (I think that's what it's called.
Dolphins cove is nice, we've stayed there twice. You will want to get an ART pass, it is quite the walk to DL. Ask for a unit that has the balcony or patio facing the courtyard. Also, there is only an AC unit in the living room area so the bedroom can get warm if the door is shut.

Attachments

• 2015-11-01 19.35.55.jpg
    2015-11-01 19.35.55.jpg
    202 KB · Views: 5
Made our ADR's for BTRBBQ for the 28th, and Fantasmic RBT dinner on New Year's Eve. Doing Storytellers on New Year's morning for breakfast before we head back home!

I'll be there the 12/29 and 12/30! Going to Ariel's Grotto for dinner on the 30th for the World of Color package. Would love feedback from people who are doing that!

modegard: Dec 10 - 14 PPH

Our first time going during the Christmas Season. Very exciting! Hoping to do the Holiday Tour and just enjoy the Christmas spirit and not stress too much about the crowds. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter