December 2015 Check-In Thread

DCA was not crowded at all this morning! We got there a bit after rope drop and got fast passes for RSR for 945-1045, rode it standby, screamin had a 5 min standby wait so hubs and oldest did that, rode goofy a few times, little mermaid, zephyr, tsmm, then back to RSR. On the way out at 11, we grabbed FPs for 6-7. It was realllly nice.

Disneyland was more crowded.

9 more sleeps . . . . . . Dec. 18-20
I know it will be SUPER crowded but that's OK.
My daughter, HS Junior, and I will have one night and one morning together then
I will be hugging my College son who I have not seen in 4 months!!!

We will also be there starting on the 18th and meeting my daughter who is a freshman in college. I don't know which I am more excited about, our first trip to Disneyland or getting to see her for the first time since August. Hope you have a lovely trip!

At the airport after the trip, waiting for my flight. All I can say is, "Holy cow that was busy!"

We had a great trip!!! We were there the 7-10th. It was soooo fun. The first couple of days weren't too bad but Wed and Thurs were busy busy! It was easy for us to manage, since we just go eat and/or drink when the crowds get too large :D

The Holiday Tour was a huge bonus for us. We didn't care much for our guide but since this was about the 5th tour for us, we already knew the info pretty well though we missed the camaraderie of previous tours. It was the walk-ons for Jingle Cruise, HM, and IASWH plus cushy front row parade seating, cocoa, and gingerbread that were worth it! Enjoyed the candy sample from Candy Palace. It was something I'd never buy but it actually turned out to be good even though it sounds odd to me. It was a homemade marshmallow covered in caramel and chocolate and rolled in crushed candy canes. The keepsake mug was really cute, with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves decorating a Christmas tree. Also, the pin they gave this year was amazing! It was designed by a cast member. I'll post a picture when I upload one.

Absolutely adored the best hot chocolate ever at Napa Rose lounge. We remembered it was really good but I'd forgotten just how amazing that dessert is.

I was very disappointed to see that most of the homemade candies were not in evidence during our entire trip. They have shifted to Rice Krispy stuff, fudge, and marshmallow treats. All of my favorites were gone except the gingerbread Mickeys. Note: they have *other* gingerbread cookies--gingerbread men, not Mickeys--and they are much, much lower in quality IMO. Be sure to get the Mickey!

We stayed at GCH and loved it. We're so spoiled with that hotel. It's just not the same Christmas visit without staying there. Got our pic with Santa, used the lounge, spent time in front of the fire, easy in and out to DTD and the park, all of which could be done without staying there but that does make it more fun.

We wanted to see the fireworks on Main St but it was too crowded to watch PtN so we found that we could sit in Starbucks at a table, watch some of the parade from the window while drinking our coffee, and then head out at the end for fireworks. It worked great for us; it doesn't give you a super view of PtN but you can see the big floats and there were plenty of seats because lots of people left when the parade started.

Forgot to say that I appreciated the packing tips, and OMG I wish I'd known about that raspberry macaron!!

Husband and I will be there December 27-29!! :)

Currently plotting a ride on RSR after rope drop then on to Disneyland for most of our day at the parks. One day, gotta make the most of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter