December 2015 Check-In Thread

I'm now completely packed, except for my daytime clothes, and a coat. And the only reason I don't have my daytime clothes packed yet is that I only have a few outfits that fit at the moment, and I still have 2 weekends to make it through... And I'm waiting to figure out what coat to bring. My days are starting on the 15-day forecast, and there were chances of rain showing up, so I'll keep an eye on that to decide on my outerwear.

We'll be there Monday afternoon...cannot wait. The Spouse Thingy works the night before so his asterisk will be dragging but I'll be bouncing off the walls (presuming I survive the flight LOL)

I'm now completely packed, except for my daytime clothes, and a coat. And the only reason I don't have my daytime clothes packed yet is that I only have a few outfits that fit at the moment, and I still have 2 weekends to make it through... And I'm waiting to figure out what coat to bring. My days are starting on the 15-day forecast, and there were chances of rain showing up, so I'll keep an eye on that to decide on my outerwear.
Yea I saw this too!! Hoping my dates of 8-16 stay dry lol move out storm- come back in Jan haha

I just took a look at the entertainment schedule for our days - the 6th is our first day in the park. Four parades, fireworks...and is it two showings of the Candlelight Processional? I think we will start out at DCA with early entry that morning, sneak into the back of the park via the monorail for our Fantastic meal at BB and then hide until closing time! :)

Whew- checked today and the rain is no longer in the forecast lol

I just don't know what to do. Someone I am very close to is very sick and in the hospital. We are supposed to leave for DLR in 6 days. I'm so scared and confused about what the right thing to do is. The trip has been planned for almost 9 months.

We are currently in So Cal; arrived yesterday. We will be in the parks tomorrow, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I hear the crowds have been insane! :scared: Wish us luck! pixiedust:

I have no clue who has been talking about insane crowds..we were there Thanksgiving Day until 5 pm yesterday and it was actually busier in October and September. Earlier Thanksgiving day was a crunch for some but by midday and night it was really easy to your. I never heard of capacity issues and wait times were never astronomical. I hope you have a great time.

I just don't know what to do. Someone I am very close to is very sick and in the hospital. We are supposed to leave for DLR in 6 days. I'm so scared and confused about what the right thing to do is. The trip has been planned for almost 9 months.

I am so sorry. I would talk to your family and make the choice together. Do you think your friend would want you to cancel? do you think they will still be there when you get back? I do not know what I would do I hope that you and your family have a good time if you do goo. Maybe call your friend every day to make sure there doing alright. Maybe knowing you and your family are having fun will give them joy. IDK but i'm so sorry for your family and friend.

I have broken out our suitcases, but am holding off on actually putting anything in them until Wednesday. The fella had unexpected eye surgery and can't fly until he gets clearance from the doctor. Wednesday will either find me in a packing frenzy or changing a bunch of flights. For once, I am hoping for packing frenzy...

Hugs for you, @lvdis - I hope your loved one is doing better!!

Talk to that person and their family and see what they feel. How do you think that person would feel if you canceled the family vacation to Disneyland on their behalf? If I were them, this would be an emotional mixed bag. I would feel loved but also horribly guilty for being the reason your family vacation was canceled, especially on the children's behalf. If they want you to keep your Disney plans, then enjoy the trip and take comfort knowing they know you love and care for them. :lovestruc

I need to pack but don't know what to bring. I'm thinking short sleeves and jeans with a jacket for night? Never been to California in December so don't know what 73 feels like there. Will it be warm enough to swim?

taking pants and long sleeve shirts for most days. Have a few shorts just in case and have my huge jacket. We leave Thursday early am wonder if ill be able to sleep Wednesday night LOL

:grouphug: to you, I hope that it all works out.

We're all packed up and ready to go! Saturday can't come fast enough! 77 degrees is going to feel amazing after the 30's we've had here! I had to dig out my summer clothes! On a not so happy note-I sprained my ankle last night, so this will be a slower than usual paced trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter