December 2013.

Mom and I are headed down on Wed, the 11th. We're staying at Pop! She's been there before, but I haven't. We'll also have tickets to MVMCP on the 15th :)
So excited--and sooo not ready. Not packed, have to work tomorrow and Tuesday, but still so excited!!!

Well we pulled out and tried on the shorts today. It didn't go too badly except that my son has outgrown half of his. Oh well, we still have more than enough. It felt good to at least start the packing. The suitcases aren't out yet, but the outfits are together and folded and waiting to go into them. I do need to wrap presents tonight though. 5 more sleeps to go!!!:santa:

I've never been during Dec., you'll be there before me (Dec. 20-Dec. 27). Is it really "short" kind of weather during Dec?

Shorts? Omg I have to repack then. I have thermals packed....but we're from TX - sweaters in the 70's. :)

I've never been during Dec., you'll be there before me (Dec. 20-Dec. 27). Is it really "short" kind of weather during Dec?

This will be our 5th trip to Orlando in the last 6 Decembers. We have had excellent "shorts" weather 3 of the 4 previous trips and the forecast is looking like shorts weather for our Dec 12th arrival this year as well. You could get some cooler days, but you really need to pack a little of everything.

Our trips are typically longer so we some warm days no matter what. Even in the record cold of Dec 2010 in Orlando, because we were there for 14 nights we saw a few nice days. One day is shot up to 85 and we went to Blizzard Beach that day. We have found a hot day to goto the water park on each of our December trips. However it was 26 the morning we left in 2010 :scared1:

Long term forecast this year looks like normal temps, although they have been above normal the last week. We're there 12th-24th so we will share some of that weather with you before we leave. :)

Well one drawback to getting out all of our summer stuff.. the puppy just ate one of dd's sandals.:rolleyes1
Where the heck am I going to find a pair of Sanuks in Canada in December?:rotfl:

I think I'll have to stop at a shoe store in Florida so she can get another pair. Thanks puppy.:rolleyes:

Shorts? Omg I have to repack then. I have thermals packed....but we're from TX - sweaters in the 70's. :)

We just got back and it was HOT (and I'm from the deep south with high humidity). 85 everyday! We swam even at night. I would definitely pack shorts! But bring a jacket just in case!

This will be our 5th trip to Orlando in the last 6 Decembers. We have had excellent "shorts" weather 3 of the 4 previous trips and the forecast is looking like shorts weather for our Dec 12th arrival this year as well. You could get some cooler days, but you really need to pack a little of everything. Our trips are typically longer so we some warm days no matter what. Even in the record cold of Dec 2010 in Orlando, because we were there for 14 nights we saw a few nice days. One day is shot up to 85 and we went to Blizzard Beach that day. We have found a hot day to goto the water park on each of our December trips. However it was 26 the morning we left in 2010 :scared1: Long term forecast this year looks like normal temps, although they have been above normal the last week. We're there 12th-24th so we will share some of that weather with you before we leave. :)

Thank you so much I've been watching out for the weather forecast. But I was told by several people it's cold at night. Do you wear shorts all day? Or change during a break/before dinner or something? If I may ask what are you using to check the weather so far out? Thank you for all the information. :) Wish we could stay at WDW that long, enjoy your trip. This is our 1st Christmas at WDW.

Thank you so much I've been watching out for the weather forecast. But I was told by several people it's cold at night. Do you wear shorts all day? Or change during a break/before dinner or something? If I may ask what are you using to check the weather so far out? Thank you for all the information. :) Wish we could stay at WDW that long, enjoy your trip. This is our 1st Christmas at WDW. ��

I check Accuweather and the Weather Network. You can't count on the long term forecast to be completely accurate, but I think it's accurate enough to say there is no huge cold front coming like 2010. We arrive in 3 days so I think that forecast is fairly accurate.

If it's daylight I probably have shorts on. After dark depends on how much it cools off. Last year most evenings were pants weather, 2011 it was still in the 70's most nights at midnight so shorts were worn all day. I'm also pretty warm blooded so the wife might change into pants sometimes while I'm still in shorts.

Thank you so much I've been watching out for the weather forecast. But I was told by several people it's cold at night. Do you wear shorts all day? Or change during a break/before dinner or something? If I may ask what are you using to check the weather so far out? Thank you for all the information. :) Wish we could stay at WDW that long, enjoy your trip. This is our 1st Christmas at WDW.

Pack for hot and very humid weather. We have been here since Wednesday and everyday it is really

We'll also be going to the party on the 15th.:) We leave next Friday afternoon, so 6 more sleeps! I haven't started packing at all. That will be tomorrow I guess. I still have to wrap all the Christmas presents, clean the house from top to bottom and work 4 more days in there too:rolleyes1. I am not very prepared this time around. I definitely want to get all of the MUSTS into my bags so I can stop worrying about those. Things like all of our reservation print outs and medications etc. Then I will relax a bit.

Woo hoo! We leave this Fri too. I hear u on the printouts and meds. I definitely want to printout my FP+ itineraries since I've heard stories on the Boards about peoples MB's not pulling up their FP+, but the CM's let them in because of their printouts. Going to pick up our meds today. Our weather forecast looks good so far. :)

This is our last night at disney, it's been warm but nice, shorts and t shirts all the way. Went swimming and going again as soon as the bus drops as back off at the resort. Had a ton of fun

Leaving tomorrow for Disney. How are the crowds. Does the Pop Warner mean lots of crowds? I was hoping for less crowds. Leaving snow and bitter cold so will be happy to arrive!!
:rotfl::beach:

Leaving tomorrow for Disney. How are the crowds. Does the Pop Warner mean lots of crowds? I was hoping for less crowds. Leaving snow and bitter cold so will be happy to arrive!! :rotfl::beach:

We're leaving for the airport now after 6 days at disney. The crowds are manageable. It's our first trip so I can't compare to other times. The worst wait times we saw was 80 minutes and that's on the most popular rides at the busiest times of day. Most were much shorter. The busiest time was at MK during the Christmas party. It was really crowded, But the rides had short waits during it. Have a great vacation. I'm fixing to take a nap now lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter