December 2013: We just booked!

I think they keep adding more and more resorts as testing goes on so it doesn't hurt to check MDE. You have to modify check in and then if you are eligible instead of saying magic bands it will say personalize magic bands.

By next month all resorts will be included.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Did you guys personalize your MBs and make FP+ selections? Previously I was hoping it would not be available for when I go at either resort of the split stay but once I heard it opened today I was excited when I got to personalize our bands. We are not interested in the FP part except for when the parades/fireworks open up and for BOG lunch if offered.

What's this about MBs? I'm going only for 2 nights (dec 1&2)...does it depend on the resort you're at?

I think they keep adding more and more resorts as testing goes on so it doesn't hurt to check MDE. You have to modify check in and then if you are eligible instead of saying magic bands it will say personalize magic bands.

We are arriving December 1st and I was able to make Fastpass+ picks on Thursday (45 days out) but I couldn't get to the Magicbands. Friday, I tried modifying my check-in and low and behold, I was able to personalize the NBs after I did that.

I am so excited, but since this is a surprise trip for my kids, I am hoping the box with the Magic bands isn't totally obvious from the outside. The closer I get to the Thanksgiving "reveal", the less I want the surprise messed up!

We are arriving December 1st and I was able to make Fastpass+ picks on Thursday (45 days out) but I couldn't get to the Magicbands. Friday, I tried modifying my check-in and low and behold, I was able to personalize the NBs after I did that. I am so excited, but since this is a surprise trip for my kids, I am hoping the box with the Magic bands isn't totally obvious from the outside. The closer I get to the Thanksgiving "reveal", the less I want the surprise messed up!

Where do you go to pick out fast pass+ stuff and whatnot? This whole MB thing really confuses me...

Where do you go to pick out fast pass+ stuff and whatnot? This whole MB thing really confuses me...

I am on an iPad and I don't know if others get to it a different way or not so what I have to do is log into the Disney site and click at the top where it says My Disney Experience. I usually hit either My Reservations or My Itinerary and at the very bottom of the page are links and one of them says My Disney Experience. When I click that I see options on the right side and one option says modify check in. Once you go through that you should see an option on that same list that says personalize magic bands. If you are not eligible it just says manage magic bands. Also on that same list is an option for Fast Pass+. You just follow the instructions. Unfortunately from what I hear you can't get them for parades and fireworks until close to the customize by date.

When I started counting it was around 400 days til Disney.

This morning I hit 40 days til Disney!!!! :banana: :banana:

BOY do we need this vacation! So excited! Work is going great (been here three months now after 10 months of unemployment!), DIL graduated as LPN this summer and started last week at CMC here in Charlotte and things were going great! That's when the other shoe drops, right?

DS#2's apartment caught on fire last Wednesday - his half wasn't burned (the other half burned TO THE GROUND), but still a lot of damage from water/smoke. Geesh!! So he's staying with me until he and his roommate figure it out. No one was hurt, everything can be replaced (thank goodness for renter's insurance) but at family dinner last night, EVERYONE agreed, this is a MUCH NEEDED, MUCH ANTICIPATED vacation that is going to be AWESOME!! :grouphug:

I hope someone can help with this --- I'm using the my Disney app and I linked my ressie and 1day1park tickets (that were won from a contest) to my MBs...is it possible to still upgrade the tix to 1 day park hoppers??? I'm hoping I didn't mess up bad--cause my family is counting on hopping. The tix that are linked show up as 1 day base tix...thanks for y'all's help!

BOY do we need this vacation! So excited! Work is going great (been here three months now after 10 months of unemployment!), DIL graduated as LPN this summer and started last week at CMC here in Charlotte and things were going great! That's when the other shoe drops, right? DS#2's apartment caught on fire last Wednesday - his half wasn't burned (the other half burned TO THE GROUND), but still a lot of damage from water/smoke. Geesh!! So he's staying with me until he and his roommate figure it out. No one was hurt, everything can be replaced (thank goodness for renter's insurance) but at family dinner last night, EVERYONE agreed, this is a MUCH NEEDED, MUCH ANTICIPATED vacation that is going to be AWESOME!! :grouphug:

Sounds like it is needed. Much to celebrate and much to escape. Sounds like a perfect time to visit the Happiest Place on Earth!

Glad your son is ok.

budafam said:
We will see you on the 9th at CRT before the park opens and the dessert party! :) Say hi if you see us. My son will be wearing a suit to breakfast & he'll be a pirate by the dessert party.. lol

I will try to remember. See u there.

Hi Everyone,

I should be arriving in Disney in 2 days but because of a quick trip down a flight of stairs we had to postpone our trip. We are hoping to re-book in early December. While I have been to Disney many times, I have never been to WDW during the holidays. What are the must see things to do with a 6 year old girl?

Thank you,

Hi Everyone, I should be arriving in Disney in 2 days but because of a quick trip down a flight of stairs we had to postpone our trip. We are hoping to re-book in early December. While I have been to Disney many times, I have never been to WDW during the holidays. What are the must see things to do with a 6 year old girl? Thank you,

MVMCP if you can fit it in
Osborne Lights at DHS
Candlelight Processional at Epcot

Tour the Monorail Resorts, Epcot Resorts and AK and WL to check out the decor...

There are storytellers at Epcot who tell the Christmas traditions of their countries.

You can also check out the campsites at Fort Wilderness, Many of the campers put up great Xmas decorations.

There are storytellers at Epcot who tell the Christmas traditions of their countries. You can also check out the campsites at Fort Wilderness, Many of the campers put up great Xmas decorations.

Do you know if they do the storytelling up to New Years? we wont be there until the 26th.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Will be there on Nov 29th-Dec 6th. Doing MVMCP on the 5th also. We wanted to do the Candlelight Processional but the two people we most wanted to see, we already have our days full at another park. I had thought about park hopping over but I'm afraid if we don't do the package with the guaranteed seating we could have to stand in line forever and then not be able to get in at all or get a seat, I really don't want to stand through the entire thing. Anyway, so ready to go. I love going at Christmas, it's so beautiful. I have been reading a lot on this year and I'm getting antsy about it being sooooo crowded. I know there is never a slow time for Disney anymore, but I would just like a little lower crowd level. Keeping my fingers crossed, got all my FP+ choices made, so I know I will get to ride all the must do's at least once. We like late EMH also, so that gives a little more opportunity to experience some lower crowds. I wish we were a rope drop family, but we are soooo not. My girls would be so grumpy (I know this from experience) that I would not be able to deal with them. So we sleep later and stay out later. It works for us. But, we will be at Disney so it will all be good.

Will be there on Nov 29th-Dec 6th. Doing MVMCP on the 5th also. We wanted to do the Candlelight Processional but the two people we most wanted to see, we already have our days full at another park. I had thought about park hopping over but I'm afraid if we don't do the package with the guaranteed seating we could have to stand in line forever and then not be able to get in at all or get a seat, I really don't want to stand through the entire thing. Anyway, so ready to go. I love going at Christmas, it's so beautiful. I have been reading a lot on this year and I'm getting antsy about it being sooooo crowded. I know there is never a slow time for Disney anymore, but I would just like a little lower crowd level. Keeping my fingers crossed, got all my FP+ choices made, so I know I will get to ride all the must do's at least once. We like late EMH also, so that gives a little more opportunity to experience some lower crowds. I wish we were a rope drop family, but we are soooo not. My girls would be so grumpy (I know this from experience) that I would not be able to deal with them. So we sleep later and stay out later. It works for us. But, we will be at Disney so it will all be good.

I'll look for me. do you mind if we exchange numbers so we can text and meet up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter