December 2013: We just booked!

We are booked for our first family Disney vacation :cheer2:. We are currently booked for December 6-15, 2013. We wanted to arrive on December 4 but for some reason they are sold out of Little Mermaid rooms on December 5. Hoping for free dining to come out for December 4 or 5 and then we would probably move to a moderate hotel.
Feeling a little overwhelmed :surfweb:with all of the decisions that have to be made. I went about 20 years ago a couple of times but just for day trips. This will be my first week long vacation there since I was 7.

We are booked for our first family Disney vacation :cheer2:. We are currently booked for December 6-15, 2013. We wanted to arrive on December 4 but for some reason they are sold out of Little Mermaid rooms on December 5. Hoping for free dining to come out for December 4 or 5 and then we would probably move to a moderate hotel.
Feeling a little overwhelmed :surfweb:with all of the decisions that have to be made. I went about 20 years ago a couple of times but just for day trips. This will be my first week long vacation there since I was 7.

Yay glad you booked. Pop Warner will be arriving the 6th so they may not offer free dining during this time. But here's hoping!!! If you decide to stay at a moderate I'd steer clear of POR because the pop Warner kids usually take over and it can be a bit noisy. Send me a PM of you have any questions or need help with an itinerary! :) have fun!!

curious quuestion
if you are booked and free dining
s not offered will you be making chnages to your reservation

I will be booking soon enough for December, just have to finalize dates. They have some continuing ed for CPAs at the Yacht Club, and I talked my way into going to a couple of them. Getting a great rate for the resort, that I am not even going to let free dining or not have any affect on my planning.

I just sent in a request to join the FB group! I'm Mary Ann, for you admins that got the request.

We're planning to stay at BWI December 8 - 15. I haven't been since 2009, and I'm super excited!
:mickeyjum

We are excited about going to WDW in December, too. pixiedust:

Just so you know, Pop Warner kids will most likely be staying at the AllStar Sports resort starting the weekend of Dec 6th. They can be rather noisy.

AHHH Scary, but there seem to be no AOA LM rooms for my stay :/...we stayed at Pop last year and I had some issues...we shall see, if they are at sports adn we are at Movies will they affect us much?

curious quuestion

We are planning to pay dining OOP unless free dining is offered....it will work out cheaper that way....but if free dining is offered I will not turn it down...lol

curious quuestion

Nope. We rented points to stay 7 nights in a studio at Wilderness Lodge. Paid about 1400 which is a huge savings over rack rate. Location and theming were so important to me for our first ever Christmas trip!:)
I'm happy with the rate, and can't add free dining. I am still undecided if we will add the Dining Plan or pay out of pocket but I am leaning towards OOP for several reasons. We will have the Tables In Wonderland card as well.

Nope. We rented points to stay 7 nights in a studio at Wilderness Lodge. Paid about 1400 which is a huge savings over rack rate. Location and theming were so important to me for our first ever Christmas trip!:)
I'm happy with the rate, and can't add free dining. I am still undecided if we will add the Dining Plan or pay out of pocket but I am leaning towards OOP for several reasons. We will have the Tables In Wonderland card as well.

I think we will be adding TiW this trip also. So glad it's good for a year. We are trying to get 3 trips out of both the AP and TiW!

I think we will be adding TiW this trip also. So glad it's good for a year. We are trying to get 3 trips out of both the AP and TiW!

Us too!:goodvibes

We'll be picking up AP's and the TIW card in August, then there is a December trip. Surely I can sneak in one more trip before the following August;)

Us too!:goodvibes

We'll be picking up AP's and the TIW card in August, then there is a December trip. Surely I can sneak in one more trip before the following August;)

Nice. We're doing Dec, May, Nov (or Dec)!! That's the plan right now anyway. We have to space it out considering we're coming from CA!

Finally have the dates for our trip locked down!

December 1st-8th.

Now just have to book our room. We're probably going to do a preferred room at Pop Century. I wish I could stay at a deluxe, especially with a 7th month old, but it was either stay 7 nights at a value or a shorter trip at a deluxe. I would rather have a few extra days enjoying the magic and deal with a cramped room than have to cut baby's first trip short! :rotfl: Plus, my mother will have a room to herself so we can always pile extra luggage into her room. :lmao:

We are staying Dec. 1-7 at AoA Lion King Suite - cannot wait! Now, I just need to decide on MVMCP night.

Ok..it's official....myself, my DH and twin girls are headed back to Disney Dec 5-14th staying at POFQ!!!! :cheer2:

Ok..it's official....myself, my DH and twin girls are headed back to Disney Dec 5-14th staying at POFQ!!!! :cheer2:

We stayed at POFQ our last trip and really liked it. We will be at Disney 12/7-12/15 but we are doing a split stay between WL and CR. We ate doing MVMCP on 12/12.

Hi December people! :wave2:

We just booked our airfare today. Now it's official!
We are just going for the weekend, Dec. 13 - 16.
We will be going to MVMCP on Dec. 15th.
We have no idea where we will be staying yet. I've got to figure everything out!
So, so, happy and excited to be joining you all! :yay:

Just saw the dates for the Christmas party. Not sure if we are doing 12/3 or 12/5 but either way, very excited. My dd5 watched last years on youtube last night and couldnt look away.

Just saw the dates for the Christmas party. Not sure if we are doing 12/3 or 12/5 but either way, very excited. My dd5 watched last years on youtube last night and couldnt look away.

We are going 12/3 yay!! Hoping for low crowds as this is my first year going!! :)

My family is debating between the 3rd and 5th, as well. (AP discount.) I'm hoping that since both are during the work week, either one we pick won't be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter