• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

December 2013 car rental

It was a pretty brief window for me too. I checked the rates last night and the fullsize was a hundred or more lower than the other categories. I booked it, went to bed, and it was no longer being offered when I got up this morning.:confused3
I'm glad to see someone else found a deal too!
Like I mentioned, $200 was my bottom line for the 9 days (Dec 13th -22nd) and this is right under it. If it goes lower that would be great. But it's nice knowing I've locked in something I can live with this far out from the trip!

I just got a midsize car for $96.24 a week for 12/2 - 12/9. Total with taxes is $138.62. Dollar rental. Great deal!

Denise

Thanks so much for the heads up! I did book immediately when I read your post and while I didn't get the great del like you did, I got November 29-Dec 10 for $238 which was $100 less than current reservation

Thanks everyone for the "heads up". We booked with Dollar today and found that the price dropped this evening from what was offered this afternoon. We booked a mid-size, using the Mousesavers discount code for a weekly rate of $86.62, our dates are December 3 to 16 and the total is $256.21. Fantastic, and so much better than the Alamo reservation we made back in June, which was $231 week, total of $507.39.
I plan to keep checking back in the hopes that the rate might drop lower; but realistically, quite happy with this rate. Thanks again! :)

Blah.:confused3
Dec 25-Jan 7...full size...still in the $700-$800 range...( and up!)
Still early.:badpc:

Are the Dollar rates you all are finding including tax? I've tried several times the last few days with that promo code and am not seeing standards for less than $180/week BEFORE tax....am I missing something?

Are the Dollar rates you all are finding including tax? I've tried several times the last few days with that promo code and am not seeing standards for less than $180/week BEFORE tax....am I missing something?

I think it's the dates or the time you are looking. It seems from these few examples that it's been dropping in the late evening for a few hours over the last few days. My dates are Dec 13th to 22nd for a fullsize for $198 and that's with taxes and fees.

Yes, I've had the same experience as Pigletto... during the day Dollar's rates were substantially higher. It was between 7 to 9 p.m. (Eastern Daylight Time) the last two evenings when the reduced rates were available. Hopefully this trend continues and others are able to secure the cheaper rates during this "window of opportunity". :)

Blah.:confused3
Dec 25-Jan 7...full size...still in the $700-$800 range...( and up!)
Still early.:badpc:
I hate to say it, but it's NOT early for that week.

I would grab a reservation now because rates WILL go up!

Can I ask how you are using both the City Rate and the code for Dollar? When I put in a code it doesn't provide a pop-up for the City Rates.

Can I ask how you are using both the City Rate and the code for Dollar? When I put in a code it doesn't provide a pop-up for the City Rates.

I didn't use the city rate I don't think. I know I checked both, but it was low enough with the regular rates to just add the code in the initial search box and get the rate from there.

I didn't use the city rate I don't think. I know I checked both, but it was low enough with the regular rates to just add the code in the initial search box and get the rate from there.

Thanks! I did get the same weekly rate for a full size @$198 for the week after Thanksgiving. Wanted to make sure I was doing everything I could. I'm happy it's under $200, was wish-full hoping for a mini-van at this price but we'll fit in a full-size just as well.
Can't justify the $65 more dollars for the van.

There may be more than one way to get the "City Rate". The way I accessed the 'City Rate' is to go ahead and just enter your dates and times and proceed to the next screen, which is the rate screen. On that rate screen, there will be a special button called "City Rate", and when you select it, further discounts will be given.

You guys are good! I just logged on again this evening and I was able to get the full size weekly Dollar rental for $169! Saved $30 from this afternoon!

Thanks for the savings :)

You guys are good! I just logged on again this evening and I was able to get the full size weekly Dollar rental for $169! Saved $30 from this afternoon!

Thanks for the savings :)

You can use the code "76892" to get 10% off - brings it down to $156 after taxes! That code will work on anything that is not a city special - I did the same full size you did!

The rates are down again right now for me. I guess these are the magic hours! So good to see others being able to take advantage of it too. I'll keep watching because it's kind of fun (I know I'm weird:rotfl:) but under $200 for 9 days near Christmas is pretty good:goodvibes

I used Dollar in February and it was quick, and the car was in very good shape. We were happy with it.

ETA) I believe we only booked a Standard in February and got a brand new Mazda 6.

We Christmas folks are still screwed. The great Dollar rate only goes for pick-ups through 12/15.

Any other reviews for Dollar? I've tried to find reviews online and they are really bad.

Any reviews for any other companies? I rented from Alamo at Dolphin in August and it was OK. Pickup/drop off was super easy. I wasn't happy that agent insisted Insiders no longer get free additional driver (not an issue for Dec) and car could have been cleaner.

Thanks for any insights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter